Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 12:26:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Satoshi Speaks. Real? Hoax?  (Read 4825 times)
btccashacc
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 16, 2015, 03:25:58 PM

what if he really satoshi?
what will happen with bitcoin?
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1011

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2015, 03:36:26 PM

I think it is hoax. Satoshi would not write "I will have no choice but to declare Bitcoin a failed project"

That is a good point. It is most likely a hoax. But I am hopeing that it is real both to kill the bitcoin XT but also have the great Satoshi back in our community to show us the way.

so what do you think now? real or hoax? make a decision  Cheesy

more than most likely  Tongue

Cant make up my mind. Only really care about playing some games and drink some booze. What do you think? I have followed you here in the forum for a while. I think you have some good points.

thanks broh. i just try to follow satoshis vision of bitcoin (and not blockstreams vision).
i would love to see BIP 101 with bitcoin core but 3-4 devs want to harm bitcoin  Undecided .

but i guess this message was not from satoshi. satoshi would add a proof.

BrianM

Activity: 546
Merit: 510

View Profile
August 16, 2015, 03:42:58 PM

I think it is hoax. Satoshi would not write "I will have no choice but to declare Bitcoin a failed project"

That is a good point. It is most likely a hoax. But I am hopeing that it is real both to kill the bitcoin XT but also have the great Satoshi back in our community to show us the way.

so what do you think now? real or hoax? make a decision  Cheesy

more than most likely  Tongue

Cant make up my mind. Only really care about playing some games and drink some booze. What do you think? I have followed you here in the forum for a while. I think you have some good points.

thanks broh. i just try to follow satoshis vision of bitcoin (and not blockstreams vision).
i would love to see BIP 101 with bitcoin core but 3-4 devs want to harm bitcoin  Undecided .

but i guess this message was not from satoshi. satoshi would add a proof.

you are welcome bro (I ment it seriously).

I am also following the core, don't want to take part of that altcoin-name-jacking.

If satoshied signed the message with they key for the genesis block then would it be a pretty god damn solid stament that would send shock waves through the community.
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1011

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2015, 03:45:48 PM

yeah, that would be good. Smiley  maybe satoshi could choose.

iam okay with BIP 100 / BIP 101 or Bitcoin XT. But bitcoin must scale.

Seccour
Legendary

Activity: 1619
Merit: 1004

Bitcoiner, Crypto-anarchist and Cypherpunk.

View Profile
August 16, 2015, 03:51:37 PM

Nothing. He's just a user like everyone else ( But a user with a LOT of BTC ha ha ). It's not because that Satoshi say something that we have to follow him ^^

dothebeats
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 1353

View Profile
August 16, 2015, 03:55:17 PM

A PGP-Signed message is a way to prove that Satoshi is Satoshi, but however, I didn't see any message that Satoshi signed with a PGP key on it. Maybe those within his "inner circles" could confirm this one?

https://www.mail-archive.com/bitcoin-development@lists.sourceforge.net/msg06194.html

Nothing. He's just a user like everyone else ( But a user with a LOT of BTC ha ha ). It's not because that Satoshi say something that we have to follow him ^^

He's the founder of bitcoin but that doesn't mean that we should follow what he says (authoritarian control lol). Again, it is up for the economy to decide on which is which.
crazyearner
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 16, 2015, 04:04:49 PM

Weather or not it is or it is not Satoshi the person sending does have some valid points on the nature of what BTC was and is meant for. If it was Satoshi and is following what is going on, maybe Satoshi should come back and reinvent Bitcoin and make it how he wanted to see it in the future and make continued updates or even to release a new coin under satoshis control and his only. am sure he can do it as he started out with Bitcoin. If it is Real and not a Hoax then Satoshi stand up for what you have made and show the current developers how it is meant to be done. If it is a Hoax then game on at finding the real satoshi and getting his comments public.

=
  R E B E L L I O U S 
  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄                           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▀        █▄▄                     ▄▄█        ▀▄
█            █████████████████████            █
█▄          ██       ██ ██       ██          ▄█
█        █            █            █        █
  █    █               █               █    █
   █ ██               █ █               ██ █
    █ █               █ █               █ █
    █ ███▄  █████▄   ██ ██   ▄█████  ▄███ █
    █     ███     █         █     ███     █
     █   █   ▀███ █  █   █  █ ███▀   █   █
     █   █      █ █  █   █  █ █      █   █
     █   █      ██  █     █  ██      █   █
      █  █     ██  █       █  ██     █  █
      █  █    ██  █ ███████ █  ██    █  █
      █ ███   ██  █         █  ██   ███ █
       █   ▀███      █   █      ███▀   █
        █     ██       █       ██     █
         █      █   ▄▄███▄▄   █      █
          ███   ███▀       ▀███   ███
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  R E B E L L I O U S
BrianM

View Profile
August 16, 2015, 04:05:07 PM

I would following him. For a simple guy like me it is hard figure out what is FUD and what is truth here. I would trust Satoshis word and follow his lead.
favdesu
Legendary

Activity: 1764

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2015, 04:06:56 PM

he/she didn't sign their message through PGP. I doubt this mail is real or of any value.

Eastfist

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2015, 04:07:53 PM

Weather or not it is or it is not Satoshi the person sending does have some valid points on the nature of what BTC was and is meant for. If it was Satoshi and is following what is going on, maybe Satoshi should come back and reinvent Bitcoin and make it how he wanted to see it in the future and make continued updates or even to release a new coin under satoshis control and his only. am sure he can do it as he started out with Bitcoin. If it is Real and not a Hoax then Satoshi stand up for what you have made and show the current developers how it is meant to be done. If it is a Hoax then game on at finding the real satoshi and getting his comments public.

Too dangerous. Just use what already exists, but be extra careful. If it works, good. If it doesn't, oh well.
crazyearner
Legendary

View Profile
August 16, 2015, 04:29:39 PM

Too dangerous. Just use what already exists, but be extra careful. If it works, good. If it doesn't, oh well.

Well if it does not work then that will indeed cause people to stop using and look elsewhere. Tao much work has been done on BTC for it to fail. It just needs the right things doing to it to make it grow and continue to be used world wide and for it to go mainstream. All that needs to happen with BTC is for it to be re done from the ground upwards or taking a hit an sections that need most work on and then  updating and release made. With the current updates and new block sizes is good in some ways but not in others. No doubt only time will tell on this matter and if current problems get addressed and fixed and can get past the bumpy times like now.

I doubt it is too dangerous for satoshi to return even making a return anonymously, working and submitting stuff from different locations would be a starting point.
If it really was Satoshi thinking more on the subject, would he if he really cares about Bitcoin that much would actually send some code to be checked out and maybe worked on it and Satoshi says here is a review of what is current and how can be improved. If I had the knowledge to wright code and improve Bitcoin I would. I would take some of my own ideas that I have submitted a number of times but never seem to get listened to would improve bitcoin as a whole. Far more needs to be done than just what is current and many other coins adopt these ideas to making much more secure and feature rich. If Bitcoin and the current development team can not see and think outside the box, then it will collapse as many are currently suggesting, that it could well happen in the future.

=
  R E B E L L I O U S 
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  R E B E L L I O U S
Slark
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 16, 2015, 04:41:58 PM
Last edit: August 16, 2015, 05:07:42 PM by Slark

he/she didn't sign their message through PGP. I doubt this mail is real or of any value.
It can't be proven, whether it is real or not. That does not change the fact that this message carries truth. Bitcoin is changing and from being totally free from centralized steering it becomes influenced by leaders.
What do we do about this?
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
August 16, 2015, 04:48:28 PM

I don't trust 'him' without a properly signed message from one of his various bitcoin address or his PGP key.
crazyearner
Legendary

View Profile
August 16, 2015, 04:50:35 PM

It can be proven, whether it is real or not. That does not change the fact that this message carries truth. Bitcoin is changing and from being totally free from centralized steering it becomes influenced by leaders.
What do we do about this?

Well if it does come to being centralized then this is game over. People will eventually stop using it, move to something else, or use but not as they use to use. I know if it becomes centralized and controlled by leaders and no ones options count towards it other than the leaders, then I and no doubt many will stop using it. It is like the governments trying to control it with central control over it, one saying one thing, another saying another and must do this yet another area says totally different on how they view what bitcoin is. the only thing people can do is show their views on it and stop using until it is sorted out or to never use again. Simple as. Too many problems are current and indeed leaders are not listening to much at all. They are all thinking in the box and not outside it. Once they see this then much will change for the better. Right now 100% agreed with you that it is becoming a total mess and indeed steering more towards being controlled by leaders and this is not what it is about.

=
  R E B E L L I O U S 
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  R E B E L L I O U S
chek2fire
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1142

Intergalactic Conciliator

View Profile
August 16, 2015, 10:10:30 PM

And this hacker use this email only to debate with developers for the block size of bitcoin Tongue  Huh come on guys this has no logic... I think all this years satoshi was never leave this community and he is still here with his alt account.

http://www.bitcoin-gr.org
4411 804B 0181 F444 ADBD 01D4 0664 00E4 37E7 228E
Ruzka

Activity: 826

View Profile
August 16, 2015, 10:18:58 PM

You don't need to worry about that being satoshi as stated a few times already. He would have signed message from an old address or pgp and from what I've read his writing was different to the fakster. Nobody knows what will happen to bitcoin, isin't it exciting?

OP it was obviously a bad hoax.

redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
August 16, 2015, 10:19:10 PM

And this hacker use this email only to debate with developers for the block size of bitcoin Tongue  Huh come on guys this has no logic... I think all this years satoshi was never leave this community and he is still here with his alt account.

A properly signed message , why not? It's simple...
BrianM

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 12:04:27 AM

I just got a Revelation. I think that Satoshi = Vod. It make perfect sense, Vod was the guardian of the community. Now is he cruising the 7 seas in this boat far away from internet and his private keys, since his job was done here. Resently did he went to port (perhaps somewhere near New Zealand) he got got online in a small coffee shop to check his mail and saw all the discussion about XT forwared to him and he quickly made this statement. This is why he could not sign anything, since he left the keys at home. Boom, puzzled solved  Cool
chek2fire
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1142

Intergalactic Conciliator

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 12:22:18 AM

I just got a Revelation. I think that Satoshi = Vod. It make perfect sense, Vod was the guardian of the community. Now is he cruising the 7 seas in this boat far away from internet and his private keys, since his job was done here. Resently did he went to port (perhaps somewhere near New Zealand) he got got online in a small coffee shop to check his mail and saw all the discussion about XT forwared to him and he quickly made this statement. This is why he could not sign anything, since he left the keys at home. Boom, puzzled solved  Cool

this story is more logic that a hacker decide to take part in tech debate between devs Tongue

http://www.bitcoin-gr.org
4411 804B 0181 F444 ADBD 01D4 0664 00E4 37E7 228E
meono

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 12:41:47 AM

this story is more logic that than a hacker decide to take part in tech debate between devs Tongue

Which fits your intellect nicely as well.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: