Classifying Bitcoin As a Financial Asset

<< < (2/2)

Paleus:
Quote from: PolarPoint on August 16, 2015, 06:01:39 PM

I don't agree with the article that bitcoin is a stock, a share of ownership in this decentrailsed autonomous corporation. A real stock is a share of a company who has a business model and pays dividend. Bitcoin has no business model, do not make profits, and pays no dividend. Bitcoin is a very liquid commodity which functions like a currency.

Bitcoin pays dividends in the capital gains of each unit of currency.

The business model is a trustless, electronic payment system.

PolarPoint:
Quote from: Paleus on August 16, 2015, 07:26:02 PM

Capital gains are not dividends. Dividends are shares of profits from the company. Capital gains are profit or loss only from the sale of the shares.

Snorek:
Quote from: PolarPoint on August 16, 2015, 06:01:39 PM

I don't agree with the article that bitcoin is a stock, a share of ownership in this decentrailsed autonomous corporation. A real stock is a share of a company who has a business model and pays dividend. Bitcoin has no business model, do not make profits, and pays no dividend. Bitcoin is a very liquid commodity which functions like a currency.

I think I share your opinion. The problem with Bitcoin is that it purpose is evolving, therefore we can call it many things. In the future in the world of mass adoption we will call it currency, now it is still asset and capital investment.

harrymmmm:
Quote from: PolarPoint on August 16, 2015, 09:24:41 PM

Quote from: Paleus on August 16, 2015, 07:26:02 PM

Capital gains are not dividends. Dividends are shares of profits from the company. Capital gains are profit or loss only from the sale of the shares.

business model:
capital gain = profit = price (now) - price(when i bought it)
dividend = d/dt (price)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page