Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 12:25:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: MPEx registration fee bumped to 30 BTC.  (Read 6912 times)
lebing
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000

Enabling the maximal migration

View Profile
October 04, 2012, 07:14:18 PM

This site is operated by a guy in ROMANIA. If you know anything about this country, you would stay the hell away.

I take it you've never seen Romanian girls.  Kiss

Yes, I have. They tried to steal my wallet (while in paris). Seriously dodgy fuckers

Bro, do you even blockchain?
-E Voorhees

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
October 04, 2012, 07:25:58 PM

This site is operated by a guy in ROMANIA. If you know anything about this country, you would stay the hell away.

I take it you've never seen Romanian girls.  Kiss

Yes, I have. They tried to steal my wallet (while in paris). Seriously dodgy fuckers

Paris? Pretty sure they were Romani, not Romanian. Sounds alike, different thing.
lebing
Legendary

Activity: 1288

Enabling the maximal migration

View Profile
October 04, 2012, 07:37:19 PM

I take it you've never seen Romanian girls.  Kiss

Paris? Pretty sure they were Romani, not Romanian. Sounds alike, different thing.

Well Roma does originate mostly from romania, but yes, they are two different things.

Bro, do you even blockchain?
-E Voorhees
MPOE-PR (OP)

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
October 05, 2012, 01:43:07 AM

As the title says, the fee for opening a new account on MPEx is 30 BTC, effective immediately. Already existing accounts are unaffected. The fee is projected to keep increasing for the indeterminate future.

How do you justify this ridiculous fee?  where/to whom does this fee go?  

Justify? What do you take yourself for, Obama?

As the title says, the fee for opening a new account on MPEx is 30 BTC, effective immediately. Already existing accounts are unaffected. The fee is projected to keep increasing for the indeterminate future.

Wow, using the issues that GLBSE is having to gouge people?

Fuck you and the horse you rode in on. I'll do my best to ensure you fail.

Bring it.

Also "the issues" GLBBQ "is having" is the misnomer of the month. See here.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
fbastage

Activity: 367
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 05, 2012, 03:44:05 AM

How do you justify this ridiculous fee?  where/to whom does this fee go?  

Justify? What do you take yourself for, Obama?

Customer service win.  Have a good time.
reeses
Donator

Activity: 151

Assholier-than-thou retard magnet

View Profile
October 05, 2012, 05:11:16 AM

How do you justify this ridiculous fee?  where/to whom does this fee go? 

That's not how it works.  You have to justify to yourself that it's worth the fee.

If they haven't communicated value, then they've failed at marketing.

Different things.  They don't owe you anything, so they don't have to justify anything.
gweedo
Legendary

Activity: 1498

View Profile
October 05, 2012, 05:24:52 AM

WOW 30btcs to use a site that is designed worst than craigslist and has two stocks. I would like to know how this fee is going to help the site. Are you going to get more servers? Are you going to focus on a better UI and maybe an API? I mean I would never pay for something that obviously doesn't show a return in the site.
MPOE-PR (OP)

View Profile
October 05, 2012, 12:18:25 PM

WOW 30btcs to use a site that is designed worst than craigslist and has two stocks. I would like to know how this fee is going to help the site. Are you going to get more servers? Are you going to focus on a better UI and maybe an API? I mean I would never pay for something that obviously doesn't show a return in the site.

The fee is mostly there to keep out people who have no business investing. These may or may not be the sort of people that don't distinguish worse and worst.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
schnell

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 05, 2012, 03:37:18 PM

The fee is mostly there to keep out people who have no business investing. These may or may not be the sort of people that don't distinguish worse and worst.
Load of bull. You are just milking users.
What about small scale investors? They certainly have buisness investing, but cannot afford 30 BTC.
kakobrekla

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

Psi laju, karavani prolaze.

View Profile
October 05, 2012, 03:45:44 PM

What about small scale investors? They certainly have buisness investing, but cannot afford 30 BTC.

Again, its 25. Also, http://coinbr.com

schnell

View Profile
October 05, 2012, 04:32:13 PM

So to invest in an exchange I have to go to a totally different website?
Wow.
gweedo
Legendary

Activity: 1498

View Profile
October 05, 2012, 04:35:22 PM

That is what he wants, he only wants whales on his service, obviously from that statement.

I would gladly pay 30btcs, I probably pay up to 50 btcs for lifetime trading but when it looks like that money is just going into someone's pocket and not actually helping the site, or making attempt to make the site better, and cleaner, and at least buy a domain. I mean that is where my problem lies and while we are all greedy here, your level of greed super seeds anyone's else.
schnell

View Profile
October 05, 2012, 05:00:31 PM

or worse, some fucking human being,
Awh man I hate it when I have to have human contact

Cheesy
fbastage

View Profile
October 05, 2012, 07:54:03 PM

How do you justify this ridiculous fee?  where/to whom does this fee go? 

That's not how it works.  You have to justify to yourself that it's worth the fee.

If they haven't communicated value, then they've failed at marketing.

Different things.  They don't owe you anything, so they don't have to justify anything.

If you want to take my money, that's how it works.
MPOE-PR (OP)

View Profile
October 05, 2012, 08:44:23 PM

So to invest in an exchange I have to go to a totally different website?
Wow.

vs

Mircea Popescu : In general a dev should be able to survive on that once bitcoin takes off a little. So yeah. Trying to build for the future, as always.

Shane Kinney : Its awesome that you built this platform. I can think of so many cool bells and whistles that I can build into bitotter. I'm gonna start simple, but it could become very cool.

(from here)

Stop and think for a minute. There's this exchange website which deliberately eschews turning itself into a broker, in order to allow people in the community to do something useful by themselves. It deliberately and at some expense is designed and built to empower the community.

And what you do is trashtalk it and so forth?

Ponder that for a while.

fbastage

View Profile
October 05, 2012, 09:09:17 PM

build something better, or charge less.  it's that simple.
Bugpowder

Activity: 394

View Profile
October 05, 2012, 09:11:05 PM

That is what he wants, he only wants whales on his service, obviously from that statement.

I would gladly pay 30btcs, I probably pay up to 50 btcs for lifetime trading but when it looks like that money is just going into someone's pocket and not actually helping the site, or making attempt to make the site better, and cleaner, and at least buy a domain. I mean that is where my problem lies and while we are all greedy here, your level of greed super seeds anyone's else.

How much is security worth to you?  GPG signed orders, huge liquidity in some issues (S.MPOE), only quality companies.

WOW 30btcs to use a site that is designed worst than craigslist and has two stocks.

The reason there are only 4 stocks is that there are only 4 companies out there that are worth investing in.  The rest are either scams or run by the incompetent.

The site is fully functional, and once you figure out how to do the gpg stuff (a bit tricky), which is REQUIRED if you care about security of your coins, you can place and cancel trades more quickly than on the former exchange known as GLBSE.

Bugpowder

Activity: 394

View Profile
October 05, 2012, 09:13:32 PM

Bloomberg terminals are not easy to use, are ugly, and expensive as hell.

Why do they dominate the market?
DannyM

Activity: 275

View Profile
October 05, 2012, 09:14:42 PM

Wow worse than craigslist? We all know what a failure that guy's site is.
fbastage

View Profile
October 05, 2012, 09:15:30 PM

Bloomberg terminals are not easy to use, are ugly, and expensive as hell.

Why do they dominate the market?

You've just convinced me to use a bloomberg terminal rather than mpoe.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: