Bitcoin Forum
June 09, 2024, 03:24:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ...  (Read 1747 times)
twister

Activity: 672
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2015, 07:56:23 PM

i am no longer using localbitcoins anymore for some time now, i don't like the system they have there. it is being abused and as a result the number of scammers is growing there. no i only sell to people who i know and worked with before.

LBC does seem a bit weirder now, especially with all the accounts getting sold and bought it's hard to know whether you're dealing with the same person you dealt with before or some scammer that bought the account and is waiting for his next prey. And I saw some complaints on reddit and elsewhere where LBC froze some funds of some accounts and even after providing the IDs and all they didn't release the funds and I don't know for sure if the people who got their funds frozen were scammers or not (according to LBC they were) but the sound of getting your bitcoins frozen at an exchange sounds scary to me.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

Get Free Bitcoin Now!
  ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦    ¦¯¦¦¯¦   
0.8%-1% House Edge
[/
RGBKey

Activity: 854
Merit: 658

rgbkey.github.io/pgp.txt

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2015, 08:00:30 PM

Those laws sound really, really stupid, and while I can see where they are coming from, are doing completely the wrong thing. What if some college kid needs to unlock their computer to turn in their final essay, or else they fail the class and don't get their degree? It's still a crime then?
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 4658

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 08:09:04 PM

Those laws sound really, really stupid, and while I can see where they are coming from, are doing completely the wrong thing. What if some college kid needs to unlock their computer to turn in their final essay, or else they fail the class and don't get their degree? It's still a crime then?

It is if the seller of the bitcoins doesn't report the transaction to FinCEN with a SAR.

jdebunt
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2015, 08:19:24 PM

LocalBitcoins has always been a "use at your own risk" thing. The fact that paypal is still allowed on that platform is a big "no-no" in my book.
Linuld

Activity: 473
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 02:21:18 AM

Oh okay, I wasn't aware that selling to victims of ransomware was illegal. I do hate ransomware with a burning passion though, and I feel incredibly sorry for anyone that's affected by it.
Coin.mx was a HUGE exchange here in America. Prosecuters had absolutely no dirt on them besides 1 incident where a lady bought bitcoin for ransomware from their site, not even a large order. They used that single ransomware incident to spin the entire case into "coinmx is providing bitcoin for illegal activity". They literally had nothing else on them as far as supplying illegal activity. It's absurd... they took all their assets too so what should be an easy case to win is probably not winnable.

The united states law system is so fucked up. Unbelieveable. So when the little girl of a friend of yours gets kidnapped and you provide the fiat money to help him then you will go to jail because you tried to help your friend.

I will never live in the US... it is way too strange there.

But i think the coin.mx guys should be able to win this case. I mean a good lawyer could convince a jury easily i think.
vayvanne

Activity: 217
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 06, 2015, 08:41:06 PM

Most important function of LBC is IMHO rating system. It is still in embryo state and they need develop it further. And may be create a kind of dispute resolution center like ebay has.
OROBTC
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852

View Profile
September 06, 2015, 11:16:08 PM

Ugh, ugh ugh.

localbitcoins has been one of the main ways I have gotten BTC (in FL as well).  As a buyer only.  I have always met prospective sellers at a coffee shop or similar (w/ wifi).  I bought via localbitcoins (more accurately, from people I set up meetings with) about six times, only had ONE failed transaction (I did not ask him BEFORE meeting how much of a premium he wanted, and he wanted way too much so i declined to buy).

I can sort-of understand why FL would be a target place for LE...

TPTB must really be gunning for BTC's death.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: