Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 07:41:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Guys, there is no censorhip. Stop crying ok? Here read this:  (Read 1376 times)
meono (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 02:11:08 PM

Unless you already have 90% consensus, then you need to completely shut your mouth about any proposed hard fork because it is too "contentious" and might give the mods a headache. Any hard fork that doesn't instantly gain consensus should never be talked about unless you have some unbelievable, never-before-heard-by-mankind level of information about it. If you do have such info, then you get to make one single thread about it, and one thread only, so you better make it a thread that is so good that 90% of bitcoiners are in favor of the hard fork. If that one thread doesn't get 90% approval, then tough luck Chuck, because you will need to uncover yet another Earth-shattering, mind-bending, science-defying piece of info about the hard fork if you ever want to make even a single more thread about it. But if you want to make spam posts about shitty alts like Paycoin then, please, be my guest.

--- By Thermos.

Now listen to the BOSS.

No more crying about censorship, or you're all going to concentration camp.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
--Encrypted--
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1007

hee-ho.

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 02:16:48 PM

Unless you already have 90% consensus, then you need to completely shut your mouth about any proposed hard fork because it is too "contentious" and might give the mods a headache. Any hard fork that doesn't instantly gain consensus should never be talked about unless you have some unbelievable, never-before-heard-by-mankind level of information about it. If you do have such info, then you get to make one single thread about it, and one thread only, so you better make it a thread that is so good that 90% of bitcoiners are in favor of the hard fork. If that one thread doesn't get 90% approval, then tough luck Chuck, because you will need to uncover yet another Earth-shattering, mind-bending, science-defying piece of info about the hard fork if you ever want to make even a single more thread about it. But if you want to make spam posts about shitty alts like Paycoin then, please, be my guest.

--- was not posted by theymos. someone just twisted his words around and made it sound harsher.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/3h9cq4/its_time_for_a_break_about_the_recent_mess/cu5ez73
meono (OP)

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 02:20:04 PM

--- was not posted by theymos. someone just twisted his words around and made it sound harsher.

I like how you agree that it only sounds harsher because its exactly that.... a harsher version of what Thermos said.

Therefore it contains the real info of what was said.

How do you get 90% consensus if you're not allowed to discuss it? LOL
Brad Harrison

Activity: 168

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 02:22:52 PM

Oh gotta love the drama in bitcoin world, it's like a soap opera

maokoto

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

✪ NEXCHANGE | BTC, LTC, ETH & DOGE ✪

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2015, 02:27:41 PM

Yes, it keeps thing interesting and makes us users read and read and read...

Would be to boring without the drama

S4VV4S

Activity: 1582
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 02:38:50 PM

--- By Thermos.

Now listen to the BOSS.

Yeah, the guy is right...
Listen to the boss....

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/3h9cq4/its_time_for_a_break_about_the_recent_mess/cu5ez73

He didn't say theymos.....
He said the boss.....
Thermos...
See above Wink
meono (OP)

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 02:43:30 PM

--- By Thermos.

Now listen to the BOSS.

Yeah, the guy is right...
Listen to the boss....

He didn't say theymos.....
He said the boss.....
Thermos...
See above Wink

I know right!

Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 04:51:47 PM

That does not sound like theymos and from the looks of it, theymos did not say that (although he did say something similar on reddit).

I think his explanation was very good and well thought out and it probably wouldn't be a horrible idea for him to make a cross post on bitcointalk (here is what he actually said.)
mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 2607

In a world of peaches, don't ask for apple sauce

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2015, 10:02:26 PM

That does not sound like theymos and from the looks of it, theymos did not say that (although he did say something similar on reddit).

I think his explanation was very good and well thought out and it probably wouldn't be a horrible idea for him to make a cross post on bitcointalk (here is what he actually said.)

Sigh...  Undecided

-quote snip-

--- By Thermos.

-snip-

Anyway, seems like the fork is drawing out the usual elements: trolls, extremists and sheep, that seem to drown any kind of legitimate discussion into one side screaming "CENSORSHIP", while the other one responding with "ALTCOIN". My stance on this debate:

koshgel
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 11:56:50 PM

The best part was the if 90% don't agree with me then leave the subreddit. Like wtf? Huh

I have no position or opinion but theymos' my way or the highway mentality reeks of egoism. There are other examples I've seen over the year but I won't derail.
BitcoinEXpress
Legendary

Activity: 1210
Merit: 1024

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 12:34:52 AM

The best part was the if 90% don't agree with me then leave the subreddit. Like wtf? Huh

I have no position or opinion but theymos' my way or the highway mentality reeks of egoism. There are other examples I've seen over the year but I won't derail.

What part of private forum that you voluntarily signed up for do you not understand?

Consensus doesn't rule here,

Two Admins do.

~BCX~
koshgel
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 12:55:10 AM

What part of private forum that you voluntarily signed up for do you not understand?

Consensus doesn't rule here,

Two Admins do.

~BCX~

You must be dense. This is related to where he posted the 90% comment which was on reddit. Step up your comprehension game.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2015, 11:51:53 PM

Yes, I just binged watched like 12 episodes over the last two days' drama-llama-rama marathon.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
██████