Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 08:33:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Time to Switch from Eligius  (Read 1425 times)
Liquid71

Activity: 835
Merit: 1000

There is NO Freedom without Privacy

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 11:15:49 PM

I 've been mining on Eligius with over 50Thash.  I think Luke Jr. is a dick - but didn't care as it was an easy pool to set up.  So I just stayed there.  Now, we have a real issue.  I support XT.  I want to switch my mining to an XT pool. 

Which pool is presently on XT?  I know AntPool is planning on going to XT, but I want to go to XT now.  Should I switch from Eligius and who do I switch too for easy pool mining?

Well you posted in the right forum, XT is an altcoin and Eligius is a Bitcoin mining pool.

I think you're a dick but didn't think I should start a thread to alert everyone to my opinion of you.

XT is shit, and killing the price of BTC

Your 50ths has no effect on the future of BTC or XT so what pool you use is meaningless

bt62567

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 12:07:40 AM

XT is just a good way to get cheap coins in the end of things, so first of all thanks for the cheap coins.. Obviously right? My knowledge is limited, but I am surprised that something like XT can even be committed in the first place. The fact that there isn't an adaptive acceleration algorithm put in place is sad I suppose. What else do you think will happen? Blocks can't stay at the same size forever obviously. I am sure there is drama to the situation right, but is it real, is it just synthesized? This is literally a babystep. Everything I have read about this situation is fudded to shit and is different than the other things. Practically a joke and anyone that dumps coins to push price down further, in the purest sense, is an idiot. Sure, price can go down to 175, 150. Is it a problem? no. So many ways I could approach everything on this topic as I am sure most people could, but in the end its just a waste of energy, unless of course you happen to be Gavin. I just want to say, again, that XT getting pushed is a complete joke and an insult to everyone in this community. I am not saying that some of the things XT represents are necessarily incorrect, but  the context and a whole bunch of other associated things are just botched. I don't know who to directly thank, but thanks for clusterfing bitcoin.

And regarding eligius, I really like the pool and honestly I have more faith in luke, wiz, at this point more than anything else probably, although I wish I had more experience to integrate with my biases.

edit: I am buying dash periodcally just in case someone screws with it too much
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: