Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 04:00:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 314 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SHIFT] The New Web | IPFS/Phantom | ShiftNrg.org Hosted Decentralized!  (Read 547541 times)
ShiftTeam (OP)

Activity: 483
Merit: 510

The Shift Team

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2015, 09:00:14 PM

It is getting pretty hectic here. ethminer needs to be ported so it supports shifts rpc calls. These have changed so it will not work with the ethminer from ethereum. Second, the GUI wallet is shipped today for linux-amd64 only. The rest of the architectures are going to be compiled tomorrow. As for shift binary (geth) all is done, every arch is supported (almost Wink)

Regards

I suggest you delay launch until you have working windows wallets and miners to post, or it will be a fail.

The miner will be done today, no problem. The only thing that is not going to be done, is a GUI wallet for windows which you can create accounts and send transactions from. You can still use the command prompt though.

All I want to know is without a windows wallet, other than downloading your miner and mining to my I.P., I assume I need a windows wallet to listen and mine to it? Or are you providing a way to solo without a windows wallet? It is confusing, if there won't be pools till later, I think you should post a quick short windows solo mining guide here.

OK, like this. The only thing that the GUI wallet does is simplify the process of sending transactions and making accounts (people have had problems with this in ethereum). BUT you can use the command line for all this. And we will of course show you how. The wallet will be upgraded to support mining from within, but not this release.
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Argwai96
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

Thug for life!

View Profile
August 30, 2015, 09:03:17 PM

Nice to see a ETH fork, i might jump on the mining phase.
vindyne8
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1009

View Profile
August 30, 2015, 09:13:29 PM

Will it matter what version of ethminer we use?
antonio8
Legendary

Activity: 1386

View Profile
August 30, 2015, 09:32:29 PM

It is getting pretty hectic here. ethminer needs to be ported so it supports shifts rpc calls. These have changed so it will not work with the ethminer from ethereum. Second, the GUI wallet is shipped today for linux-amd64 only. The rest of the architectures are going to be compiled tomorrow. As for shift binary (geth) all is done, every arch is supported (almost Wink)

Regards

I suggest you delay launch until you have working windows wallets and miners to post, or it will be a fail.

The miner will be done today, no problem. The only thing that is not going to be done, is a GUI wallet for windows which you can create accounts and send transactions from. You can still use the command prompt though.

All I want to know is without a windows wallet, other than downloading your miner and mining to my I.P., I assume I need a windows wallet to listen and mine to it? Or are you providing a way to solo without a windows wallet? It is confusing, if there won't be pools till later, I think you should post a quick short windows solo mining guide here.

You will just solo mine as you have with Ethereum.

There is no Windows GUI but solo Shift like Eth.

If you are going to leave your BTC on an exchange please send it to this address instead 1GH3ub3UUHbU5qDJW5u3E9jZ96ZEmzaXtG, I will at least use the money better than someone who steals it from the exchange. Thanks Wink
truerue

Activity: 156
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 30, 2015, 09:32:33 PM

Regards

+1 we defenitely need mining guide ready at launch
marcelocoin

Activity: 1085
Merit: 500

hi =D

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2015, 09:33:24 PM

3....2....1....GOOOOO!!!  Grin
Argwai96
Legendary

Activity: 1036

Thug for life!

View Profile
August 30, 2015, 09:48:23 PM

any solo mine guides anyone could post ?
majinboo

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 30, 2015, 09:54:52 PM

any solo mine guides anyone could post ?
This one has been posted earlier and may help : http://cryptomining-blog.com/5344-quick-guide-on-solo-gpu-mining-ethereum-on-windows/
hankman

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 30, 2015, 10:01:26 PM

and... failure Huh
ShiftTeam (OP)

The Shift Team

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2015, 10:03:08 PM

We have a ethminer ready that supports cuda and opencl for windows. And ethminer for GNU/Linux..

But these are pretty untested. We have to make a decision here, either we release with untested ethminer and hope for the best or we have to postpone again.

We are very sorry.. but things like this must be done right, fair without trouble. What do you think, the community? We are worked 14 hours straight on this release now..
Sir_Astral

Activity: 574

View Profile
August 30, 2015, 10:03:52 PM

Launch it already!  Undecided
EmilioMann
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1028

#mitandopelomundo

View Profile
August 30, 2015, 10:03:58 PM

antonio8
Legendary

Activity: 1386

View Profile
August 30, 2015, 10:04:33 PM

We have a ethminer ready that supports cuda and opencl for windows. And ethminer for GNU/Linux..

But these are pretty untested. We have to make a decision here, either we release with untested ethminer and hope for the best or we have to postpone again.

We are very sorry.. but things like this must be done right, fair without trouble. What do you think, the community? We are worked 14 hours straight on this release now..

If you have cloned ethereum then everything is already there.

there is a cudaminer already existing.

If you are going to leave your BTC on an exchange please send it to this address instead 1GH3ub3UUHbU5qDJW5u3E9jZ96ZEmzaXtG, I will at least use the money better than someone who steals it from the exchange. Thanks Wink
Paycoinzzz

Activity: 994
Merit: 503

View Profile
August 30, 2015, 10:04:51 PM

You said existing ethminer works with it fine. Guess that was bs?
BTCPool.Exchange

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2015, 10:05:26 PM

Personally get it right , release with bugs means doom!!
ShiftTeam (OP)

The Shift Team

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2015, 10:05:45 PM

If you have cloned ethereum then everything is already there.

there is a cudaminer already existing.

the rpc calls are different, but that is fixed now.
reb0rn21
Legendary

Activity: 1898
Merit: 1024

View Profile
August 30, 2015, 10:06:00 PM

They sad they changed the RPC call... so only their miner will work

▄▄▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄▄
           ▄▀▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▀▀▄
        ▄▀▀  ▄▄▀█          ▀█▀▄▄  ▀▀▄
      ▄▀▀ ▄▄▀    ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀    ▀▄▄ ▀▀▄
     █   █            ▀            █   █
   ▄▀ █  ▀▄▄                     ▄█▀  █ ▀▄
  ▄▀ ▄▀ █▄ ▀▀▀██▄▄▄       ▄▄▄██▀▀  ██ ▀▄ ▀▄
  ▀▄▀▀▄ ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▀▄   ▄▀  ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██ ▄▀▀▄▀
 ██   █ ██ ▀▄    ▀▄ █   █ ▄▀    ▄▀ ██ █  ▀██
 █  ▄█  ▀█  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █   █ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █   █▄  █
█▀ █  █  █          █   █          █  █  █ ▀▀
 █▀  ▄▀  █▀▄        █   █        ▄▀█  ▀▄  ▀█
 ▄  █▀   █ ▀█▄      ▀   ▀      ▄█▀ █  ▄▀█  ▄
 █▄▀  █  █                         █  █  ▀▄█
 ▀▄  █   ▀█        ▄▄▀▄▀▄▄        █▀   █  ▄
  ▀▄▀▀  █▄ █     ▀█  ▀▀▀  █▀     █ ▄█ ▄▀▀▄▀
   ▀ ▄  ██ █▀▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▀▀     ▄▀█ ██ ▀▄ ▀
    ▀█  ██ █ █▀▄    ▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▀█ █ ██  █▀
      ▀▄ ▀ █ █ ██▄         ▄██ █ █ ▀ ▄▀
        ▀▄ █ █ █ ▀█▄     ▄█▀ █ █ █ ▄▀
          ▀▀▄█ █    ▀▀▀▀▀    █ █▄▀▀
              ▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀

..I  D  E  N  A..

Proof-of-Person Blockchain

Join the mining of the first human-centric
cryptocurrency

▲    2 3 2 2

..N  O  D  E  S..

██
                ██
                ██
                ██
                ██
         ▄      ██      ▄
         ███▄   ██   ▄███
          ▀███▄ ██ ▄███▀
            ▀████████▀
              ▀████▀
                ▀▀
██▄                            ▄██
███                            ███
 ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
  ▀▀██████████████████████████▀▀

D O W N L O A D

Idena node

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄█████▀▀        ▀▀█████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀███
███      █   ▄▄ █▀▄        ███
██▀      █  ███ █  ▀▄      ▀██
███       █   ▀▀ ▀▀▀▀█       ███
███       █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄  █       ███
███       █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄  █       ███
██▄      █  ▄▄▄▄▄▄  █      ▄██
███      █          █      ███
███▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▄███
████▄                ▄████
▀█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▀
▀▀████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀

.REQUEST INVITATION.
vindyne8
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1009

View Profile
August 30, 2015, 10:07:05 PM

Change the rpc call back and launch using existing ethminer.
ShiftTeam (OP)

The Shift Team

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2015, 10:07:07 PM

You said existing ethminer works with it fine. Guess that was bs?

We have never stated that.. sorry for the misunderstanding.

Humble regards
endlessskill

Activity: 531

AMD | Mining | NVIDIA

View Profile
August 30, 2015, 10:07:36 PM

Lets start guys!
ARMAGEDDON!!!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 314 »
  Print  

Jump to: