Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 06:05:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 [191] 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 ... 314 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SHIFT] The New Web | IPFS/Phantom | ShiftNrg.org Hosted Decentralized!  (Read 547538 times)
Deff

Activity: 939
Merit: 261

Data HDD Repair - Recovery of lost information

View Profile
September 03, 2016, 01:25:04 AM

Hopefully the attacker gives up. Anything the rest of us can do to help? I have a measly 90 MH/s  Grin
Keep up the good work!

We are researching a few different solutions from rolling back the chain to swapping the codebase for something more secure.

For the most part there's nothing you can do right now except wait and relax, no balances have been harmed and your coins are safe no matter where they are!

Please be in touch and let inform us about every single new fact.

Is it possible to rent some hashrate as protection before next attacks by SHift team? Could we set up a special fund to protect SHIFT?

The response from all of you so far is amazing. Everyone in our team is working at full capacity and seeing
your continued support and patience gives us a lot of motivation.

We will have a short update ready tomorrow, for now there's nothing you can do. If you have any questions
or want live updates please join us on Slack.

Long block Retarget not the single problem. The attack to a network is made in Solo - Peers are disconnected.
 It is necessary to forbid connect to RPC without Peers
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
V3n0m

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 03, 2016, 01:30:25 AM

From a Krypton miner to you guys - Hold strong, it's just a matter of time. In the future join our slack as well - we have a generous community who may be able to throw a bit of hash your way and we would only ask for the same in return, Two separate coins - but I know I'm willing to help out when needed.

In ancient times enemies would put differences aside to join forces against larger Armies. Both fighting for the same ultimate goal as we are, this may be a time to apply the same method to our madness!

ttookk

Activity: 994
Merit: 513

View Profile
September 03, 2016, 01:41:52 AM

From a Krypton miner to you guys - Hold strong, it's just a matter of time. In the future join our slack as well - we have a generous community who may be able to throw a bit of hash your way and we would only ask for the same in return, Two separate coins - but I know I'm willing to help out when needed.

In ancient times enemies would put differences aside to join forces against larger Armies. Both fighting for the same ultimate goal as we are, this may be a time to apply the same method to our madness!

Couldn't you guys unite?

I mean, you could mine two blockchains at once, wouldn't that be possible? Effectively, that would decrease the possibility of such attacks, wouldn't it?

I am no tech expert, so I don't know whether or not this idea is BS, but I can't imagine why it shouldn't be possible.
Deff

Activity: 939
Merit: 261

Data HDD Repair - Recovery of lost information

View Profile
September 03, 2016, 03:08:11 AM

Hopefully the attacker gives up. Anything the rest of us can do to help? I have a measly 90 MH/s  Grin
Keep up the good work!

We are researching a few different solutions from rolling back the chain to swapping the codebase for something more secure.

For the most part there's nothing you can do right now except wait and relax, no balances have been harmed and your coins are safe no matter where they are!

Please be in touch and let inform us about every single new fact.

Is it possible to rent some hashrate as protection before next attacks by SHift team? Could we set up a special fund to protect SHIFT?

The response from all of you so far is amazing. Everyone in our team is working at full capacity and seeing
your continued support and patience gives us a lot of motivation.

We will have a short update ready tomorrow, for now there's nothing you can do. If you have any questions
or want live updates please join us on Slack.

Long block Retarget not the single problem. The attack to a network is made in Solo - Peers are disconnected.
 It is necessary to forbid connect to RPC without Peers

To accept blocks chains -
1 - with the highest block
2 - from the highest difficulti

Not to accept from single Peers?
Mariuszeq

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 03, 2016, 04:18:35 PM

shift.4miners.net

Payments have been enabled and sent. We temporarly raised block maturity to 2000 blocks (about 20 hours). We will monitor the network, your minning efforts are secure.

Happy mining. Smiley
ShiftConnect

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 03, 2016, 04:47:55 PM

Hi everyone,

sorry for being reluctant to update this thread, as there is a lot of things going on behind the scenes. At the
moment we are finalizing a rollback release as a measure against the attack. Since we coordinate this with
exchanges and pools it might take a while until we can provide the new downloads.

If you are a solo miner, we ask you to switch to pool mining on 4Miners or Bitcause, as we are cooperating
closely with their admins to avoid any losses of your efforts. Shares will be recorded and kept safe.

Since this is a delicate matter and we expect the attacking group to watch us, we can't share all the details
we have planned and this is merely the first step in our plan to restore safety and order to our chain, so we
advise you to check back here regularly.

As always, if you have any questions, please join us on Slack.

SHIFT Response Team
Kolbas

Activity: 342

View Profile
September 03, 2016, 10:18:11 PM

Hi everyone,

sorry for being reluctant to update this thread, as there is a lot of things going on behind the scenes. At the
moment we are finalizing a rollback release as a measure against the attack.

So instead of just securing the chain you are doing a "DAO-ETH" maneuver.  What happens to those of us solomining etc.  I will be very unhappy when my balance gets screwed up.   It appears you are not only going to rollback the chain you are going to also privatize it so that others cannot mine it.

You are making a grave mistake and please let us know what your intentions are so we can make appropriate changes to our mining.  I think you will lose about half of your support over a rollback.

cheers
bbcoin

Activity: 55

View Profile
September 03, 2016, 11:02:53 PM

Hi everyone,

So instead of just securing the chain you are doing a "DAO-ETH" maneuver.  What happens to those of us solomining etc.  I will be very unhappy when my balance gets screwed up.   It appears you are not only going to rollback the chain you are going to also privatize it so that others cannot mine it.

You are making a grave mistake and please let us know what your intentions are so we can make appropriate changes to our mining.  I think you will lose about half of your support over a rollback.

cheers

Bullshit. Clearly you don't know how tight the community of shift is.
Kolbas

View Profile
September 04, 2016, 12:10:49 AM

Hi everyone,

cheers

Bullshit. Clearly you don't know how tight the community of shift is.

Ok fanboy, but that answers none of the important questions
ShiftConnect

View Profile
September 04, 2016, 01:17:33 AM
Last edit: September 04, 2016, 02:17:38 AM by ShiftConnect

Hi everyone,

cheers

Hey Kolbas,

we are exploring a lot of different ways to navigate this situation, but there is no "just securing the chain". Our highest
priority goes towards keeping everyone's efforts in the same state as before the attack. This goes for miners, traders,
users and us, the developers.

If you read a few lines below in our previous post, we ask all solo miners to switch to one of the advertised pools as a
preemptive measure to keep your efforts safe and archived. If you read back a few pages, we advised any purely profit
oriented miner to consider switching to a different coin for the time being.

Please note that while we are working on a solution we cannot share any finer details.

SHIFT Response Team
Kolbas

View Profile
September 04, 2016, 02:26:44 AM

Hi everyone,

cheers

Hey Kolbas,

we are exploring a lot of different ways to navigate this situation, but there is no "just securing the chain". Our highest
priority goes towards keeping everyone's efforts in the same state as before the attack. This goes for miners, traders,

If you read a few lines below in our previous post, we ask all solo miners to switch to one of the advertised pools as a
preemptive measure to keep your efforts safe and archived. If you read back a few pages, we advised any purely profit

Please note that while we are working on a solution we cannot share any finer details.

Thank you for the explanation.  Are the coins in my wallet safe and what about transfers that I have made into and out of my wallet recently?

The reason I ask is because in light of the attack I have tried to secure my coins in different locations and wallets.  The problem is that it could create problems for transactions outside of the exchanges as well.  Since we are unable to deposit coins anywhere outside our wallets then it creates a lot of uncertainty about how we as miners handle this as well.  

Mining on a pool is not any safer unless you plan on only including transactions from those pools.

edited to add the following:
A solo miner that is simply mining to collect a coin of interest has no benefit (actually the opposite because of fees and lack of control) mining at a pool.
jeffdoubleyou

Activity: 21

View Profile
September 04, 2016, 07:06:48 AM

I'm a little confused.  It appears that my pool still has a high majority of the hashing power, but my pool isn't being included in whatever updates are happening?  I have been rather supportive since I started following SHIFT and opened my pool and explorer.

I haven't heard anything about any new wallets or anything and I can't seem to make any payments to the miners.  Has the chain forked and I need a new wallet?
ShiftConnect

View Profile
September 04, 2016, 09:02:41 AM

I'm a little confused.  It appears that my pool still has a high majority of the hashing power, but my pool isn't being included in whatever updates are happening?  I have been rather supportive since I started following SHIFT and opened my pool and explorer.

I haven't heard anything about any new wallets or anything and I can't seem to make any payments to the miners.  Has the chain forked and I need a new wallet?

Hi jeff,

terribly sorry to realize we didn't include you in the update cycle, things were very hectic. No ill intentions whatsoever. There is no need for you to do anything but if you have a minute can join us on slack to coordinate?

Thanks for all your efforts, we really appreciate everything you do and again sorry!

SHIFT Response Team
ShiftConnect

View Profile
September 04, 2016, 09:08:40 AM

Hi everyone,

cheers

Hey Kolbas,

Thank you for the explanation.  Are the coins in my wallet safe and what about transfers that I have made into and out of my wallet recently?

The reason I ask is because in light of the attack I have tried to secure my coins in different locations and wallets.  The problem is that it could create problems for transactions outside of the exchanges as well.  Since we are unable to deposit coins anywhere outside our wallets then it creates a lot of uncertainty about how we as miners handle this as well.  

Mining on a pool is not any safer unless you plan on only including transactions from those pools.

edited to add the following:
A solo miner that is simply mining to collect a coin of interest has no benefit (actually the opposite because of fees and lack of control) mining at a pool.

Hi Kolbas,

don't get me wrong please, this is a temporary fix and not one we chose willingly or without some regret. But it is necessary and for now the only possible solution to move forward.

Your balances are safe, as is your wallet. If you ever do end up with a missing balance there are ways for us to react. If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to contact me on slack!

SHIFT Response Team
Msile

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

View Profile
September 04, 2016, 09:14:48 AM

Hi everyone,

cheers
I think most users right now support the devs and their hardwork and not the ''classic Shift blockchain''

PoS is safer than PoW if there's not over a 1000 miners.  They don't have that much Shift left, so it's not like they will control the blockchain, the holders/stakers will control the blockchain, but I would use my stake to go with them as I trust them with the network they created.
oslak

Activity: 273

View Profile
September 04, 2016, 12:41:14 PM

Is it the same guy who attack the network with 6ghs? funny this guys wanted attention.
ShiftConnect

View Profile
September 04, 2016, 12:55:57 PM

Is it the same guy who attack the network with 6ghs? funny this guys wanted attention.

That is unclear. We are following several trails on the origin of the attack
but don't want to jump to conclusions.

SHIFT Response Team
Potap

Activity: 38

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 05:43:29 AM

That coin died? when a wallet on the exchange will work?
ShiftConnect

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 06:36:15 AM

That coin died? when a wallet on the exchange will work?

Ho Potap,

nothing died, we are working on a solution for several exploits in the consensus algorithm brought to our
attention by two hashrate attacks on our chain.

At the moment there is no fixed date when Bittrex will be back but we are working on it.

SHIFT Response Team
Potap

Activity: 38

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 07:12:08 AM

At the moment there is no fixed date when Bittrex will be back but we are working on it.

Ho ShiftConnect  ,

I hope it doesn't last long! good luck
Pages: « 1 ... 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 [191] 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 ... 314 »
  Print  

Jump to: