Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 09:50:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 [203] 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 ... 314 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SHIFT] The New Web | IPFS/Phantom | ShiftNrg.org Hosted Decentralized!  (Read 547538 times)
scaryvirus

Activity: 570
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 12, 2016, 11:57:18 AM

Just wanted to congratulate you on the job well done. Being PoW new coin in this day is dangerous.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Stormspirit

Activity: 642
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 12, 2016, 12:41:47 PM

nice swap well done!
BTCBusinessConsult

Activity: 546

Active Trading on EPIC5k and Spectre.Ai

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2016, 01:49:45 PM

So how does the staking work for this coin? When will an official wallet be released? How do we mine this? Can we mine it? Is it only PoS then why do I read about PoW?

Right now I am tempted to just sell all my Shift and get out of this coin because of all the BS and hassle that has gone on over the last few weeks... but the time to buy is when people hate a coin, or when blood is in the streets.

How does the long term roadmap look for this coin? What does it bring to the table that other coins don't? OP didn't really answer alot of my questions.

Thanks for the input

EPIC5k Trading on https://spectre.ai/?ref=PassiveIncome. Paying WEEKLY rewards in ETH since 2017. 100% FRAUD FREE Binary Trading Platform. $SXDT. Ask me about the ONLY smart options trading platform with 400% payouts, and their unique EPIC5000 trading system.
mikegi

Activity: 165
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 12, 2016, 03:10:02 PM

Node installation went fairly smooth. A bit of tweaking in config.json and my firewall and all good since I am not accessing it from localhost.

No doubt that it would be trivial for a person familiar with Lisk.

Msile

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

View Profile
October 12, 2016, 04:48:26 PM

So how does the staking work for this coin? When will an official wallet be released? How do we mine this? Can we mine it? Is it only PoS then why do I read about PoW?

Right now I am tempted to just sell all my Shift and get out of this coin because of all the BS and hassle that has gone on over the last few weeks... but the time to buy is when people hate a coin, or when blood is in the streets.

How does the long term roadmap look for this coin? What does it bring to the table that other coins don't? OP didn't really answer alot of my questions.

Thanks for the input
Same as with LISK, if you've heard from it. DELEGATED Proof of Stake. Which means only 101 delegates (on whom can be voted by people who hold Shift) can stake, or as we like to call it ''forge''. To become a delegate you just need some good internet connection(doesn't have to be fast, just reliable) and get people to vote you (or just vote yourself). Most people use Linux right now, but I think soon there will be an easier way to use Windows for it. Anyway, delegates that have a good connection and seldomly are offline naturally get voted to the top, and those who have occasionally down time will lose their votes.

And I understand you might want to sell everything, but before you do, you should realize that the Slack group members tripled in the meantime and that the whole swap created some nice publicity, but apparently you weren't the only one that wants to dump, lots of SHIFT is dumped already, fortunately for me, I had some nice low buy-orders.

And I think soon there will be a a newsletter something, which probably has some kind of roadmap. And what does this bring that other coins don't? An amazing way to decentralize the internet and very very hard working devs.
BTCBusinessConsult

Activity: 546

Active Trading on EPIC5k and Spectre.Ai

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2016, 04:58:16 PM

Thank you for the response.

For all the talk of wanting to decentralize this currency, only have 101 people in charge of the entire staking/mining process seems pretty centralized to me....  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Maybe ill hold onto it and see what happens over the coming months Smiley

EPIC5k Trading on https://spectre.ai/?ref=PassiveIncome. Paying WEEKLY rewards in ETH since 2017. 100% FRAUD FREE Binary Trading Platform. $SXDT. Ask me about the ONLY smart options trading platform with 400% payouts, and their unique EPIC5000 trading system.
viverra

Activity: 126

View Profile
October 12, 2016, 05:13:50 PM

total number of coins please?
ShiftConnect

Activity: 364

View Profile
October 12, 2016, 07:29:40 PM

Thanks for the input
Same as with LISK, if you've heard from it. DELEGATED Proof of Stake. Which means only 101 delegates (on whom can be voted by people who hold Shift) can stake, or as we like to call it ''forge''. To become a delegate you just need some good internet connection(doesn't have to be fast, just reliable) and get people to vote you (or just vote yourself). Most people use Linux right now, but I think soon there will be an easier way to use Windows for it. Anyway, delegates that have a good connection and seldomly are offline naturally get voted to the top, and those who have occasionally down time will lose their votes.

And I understand you might want to sell everything, but before you do, you should realize that the Slack group members tripled in the meantime and that the whole swap created some nice publicity, but apparently you weren't the only one that wants to dump, lots of SHIFT is dumped already, fortunately for me, I had some nice low buy-orders.

And I think soon there will be a a newsletter something, which probably has some kind of roadmap. And what does this bring that other coins don't? An amazing way to decentralize the internet and very very hard working devs.

Setup for windows is working and currently in closed public beta.

SHIFT Response Team
ShiftConnect

View Profile
October 12, 2016, 07:32:16 PM

Thank you for the response.

For all the talk of wanting to decentralize this currency, only have 101 people in charge of the entire staking/mining process seems pretty centralized to me....  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Maybe ill hold onto it and see what happens over the coming months Smiley

We came from a small community of ~70 members on Slack at the time we decided the number of delegates. Since we didn't want to fill all the spots with genesis delegates we opted for 51 at first. Over the course of the migration our Slack group has grown to 280+ members so we decided to use Lisk's default 101. As time progresses we will open up more delegate spots.

SHIFT Response Team
ShiftConnect

View Profile
October 12, 2016, 07:36:04 PM

At the moment ~10,100,000.

You can check on the block explorer anytime. Link is on the first page too Smiley

SHIFT Response Team
schnib

Activity: 270

View Profile
October 12, 2016, 07:42:31 PM

You can check on the block explorer anytime. Link is on the first page too Smiley

why does it say Supply: 8,052,428  on website + coinmarketcap ?

kinda missleading imo

ShiftConnect

View Profile
October 12, 2016, 07:51:46 PM

Thanks for the input

Msile answered your questions already but currently we're working on an official wallet comparable
to login.lisk.io and an official block explorer which are scheduled for release asap.

You can't really mine SHIFT anymore, the pow chain will stop over the next days after we finish the
manual swap. We came from being the first alternative Ethereum fork with a 12 month long history
of developments and mining to the point when we were forced to look for an alternative due to low
hashrate and vulnerability.

We just completed the migration to a customized fork of Lisk's codebase with delegated POS as the
consensus algorithm.

The midterm roadmap will see us bring back Phantom, our flagship product which we had in alpha
state on the old chain. Our main development lies in decentralized web, closely integrated with the
benefits of an underlying blockchain.

So far with our last Alpha release you were able to create a site, register a top level domain (e.g.
myblog.shift) with a smart contract and publish the default template to our fully meshed network.

The future will see a lot more applications in this direction like decentralized social media, easy to
use web site creators, secure messaging, decentralized markets and much more. All while offering
users the security of a free and resilient way to publish any content.

I hope that answers some questions. Apologies if the first page is missing crucial info but between
taking care of our community and organising the swap there's been little time to update the info on
all channels. We're currently working on that.

SHIFT Response Team
ShiftConnect

View Profile
October 12, 2016, 07:52:43 PM

kinda missleading imo

Both website and coinmarketcap are still querying the old chain / api and will be replaced very soon.

SHIFT Response Team
schnib

View Profile
October 12, 2016, 08:16:40 PM

kinda missleading imo

Both website and coinmarketcap are still querying the old chain / api and will be replaced very soon.

and where do the new 2mio coins come from ? and who owns them now?

ShiftConnect

View Profile
October 12, 2016, 08:41:32 PM

The additional 2 Mill are newly generated development funds that allow us to hire additional developers to a) get
back quickly to the way things were and b) progress in a much faster pace on our roadmap (tba).

We had several long discussions about it and we decided that this is the best and last opportunity for us to create
an adequate fund system that would allow sustained development, especially given the increased availability of
experienced JS developers.

This is not something we did easily but we are not operating from the background of a successful ICO or with the
support of private investors, so "diluting" the total supply by 20% to achieve funding that will last for a long time
isn't pleasant but the only option available. We have accomplished more in 6 months on a shoestring budget than
comparable projects have accomplished with millions of dollars in funding. Any infrastructure like hosting, nodes,
servers have been paid from our own pocket.

It is also not something we are trying to hide as it has been pointed out a few days ago by a community member
in Slack and we were open about it then and we are open about it now. We just haven't found the time to release
a conclusive update about everything that has been going on yet.

SHIFT Response Team
schnib

View Profile
October 12, 2016, 09:13:08 PM

The additional 2 Mill are newly generated development funds that allow us to hire additional developers to a) get
back quickly to the way things were and b) progress in a much faster pace on our roadmap (tba).

We had several long discussions about it and we decided that this is the best and last opportunity for us to create
an adequate fund system that would allow sustained development, especially given the increased availability of

This is not something we did easily but we are not operating from the background of a successful ICO or with the
support of private investors, so "diluting" the total supply by 20% to achieve funding that will last for a long time
isn't pleasant but the only option available. We have accomplished more in 6 months on a shoestring budget than
comparable projects have accomplished with millions of dollars in funding. Any infrastructure like hosting, nodes,

It is also not something we are trying to hide as it has been pointed out a few days ago by a community member
in Slack and we were open about it then and we are open about it now. We just haven't found the time to release

ok good to know and you will just sell them whenever u need money on the market ?!?
will dump the price a lot....
i think a regular ICO would be a lot better.

ShiftConnect

View Profile
October 12, 2016, 10:07:17 PM

ok good to know and you will just sell them whenever u need money on the market ?!?
will dump the price a lot....
i think a regular ICO would be a lot better.

Blindly selling large amounts with disregard to the market conditions would generally not be in our best interest, I
guess we both understand the delicacy and careful attention a funding model like this needs to be treated with Smiley

SHIFT Response Team
mikegi

Activity: 165

View Profile
October 12, 2016, 10:21:25 PM

No more shift mining Huh

Will mining?

With the migration to Delegated POS mining has stopped.

Would be good to know what the last official block number is.
ShiftConnect

View Profile
October 12, 2016, 10:30:19 PM

DEVELOPMENT UPDATE OCT 13 | MANUAL SWAP

We've finished the details for the manual swap procedure. If you have a balance on the old chain, here's what you need to do:

1) Join us on Slack.

2) Have your address holding the coins on the old chain at hand. Please note, you have to be in control of those coins.

3) On Slack, message @crush stating how many coins need to be swapped, state your wallet address and send them to the wallet
    address that will be provided to you.

4) Supply an address on the new chain to which the swapped coins should be sent.

The swap period starts tomorrow morning, Oct 13th at 10am UTC, and will be open until Saturday, Oct 15th. As all swaps need to
be verified thoroughly and executed manually we ask you to be patient while we process your claim.

Balances on exchanges or pools are only eligible under special circumstances and need to be approved on a case by case basis.

SHIFT Response Team
ShiftConnect

View Profile
October 12, 2016, 10:31:02 PM

No more shift mining Huh

Will mining?

With the migration to Delegated POS mining has stopped.

Would be good to know what the last official block number is.

The last valid pow block will be set once we are closer to the end of the manual swap period.

SHIFT Response Team
Pages: « 1 ... 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 [203] 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 ... 314 »
  Print  

Jump to: