Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 06:45:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Debit Cards! [Updated]  (Read 11997 times)
everaja

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

~ScapeGoat~

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 01:53:50 PM

Very informative thread ,
I read in bit-x signature that all the transactions are free till September , is it applicable on bit-x card also?

marcotheminer (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1049

┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 01:54:52 PM

Very informative thread ,
I read in bit-x signature that all the transactions are free till September , is it applicable on bit-x card also?

No, the Bit-X 0% fee applies only to trades.
Aleator

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2015, 02:00:32 PM

As I understand correctly , you do not need to change your bitcoins to your currency , you just use it like a regular credit card is that correct? If so you can go to any bank , put money in your card and vola! you have btc . Is that correct? Also I can withdraw btc from this to say blockchain wallet? So this purposes as a personal wallet/exchange at the same time?

southafricadude

Activity: 141
Merit: 19

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2015, 02:13:56 PM

What about the Satoshi Tango card, have you seen that one?

Website:Bitcoin South Africa - Twitter: @bitcoinzar - Facebook: @bitcoinzar
trafficolaa
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 02:17:37 PM

BIT-X

https://card.bit-x.com

-

Eligible Countries: All

When i go to bit-x and want to buy this debit card than i saw there is restriction for some countries so change this sentence Eligible Countries from All to most because that sounds more good.  
marcotheminer (OP)
Legendary

┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 02:25:40 PM

What about the Satoshi Tango card, have you seen that one?

No I haven't. Do you have a link?
marcotheminer (OP)
Legendary

┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 02:26:27 PM

When i go to bit-x and want to buy this debit card than i saw there is restriction for some countries so change this sentence Eligible Countries from All to most because that sounds more good.   

What I meant by that is "can this card be sent to any country?". I'll rephrase it!
dimke_yu

Activity: 461
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2015, 02:28:30 PM

Nice thread kudos to OP. I have several cards that I use on daily basis. First I made card at ANX and it was great when price was little higher than now. They have $100 minimum deposit limit or at least they had when I used it last time. After that I found e-coin.io and it was pleasant surprise for me. Very nice UI, fast response to deposit and loading the card with funds, all your deposits and payments well organized and clean. Also I had a couple of emails with support they were helpful and understanding. Last one I made was from wagecan and did not have a chance to use it, but as far as I know they also use transforex hk bank for their operations so it is almost the same as ANX card.

You should add ANX and Wagecan to your list, also I saw CCEDK has its own card. I do not know exact differences between them.

marcotheminer (OP)
Legendary

┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 02:30:24 PM

Nice thread kudos to OP. I have several cards that I use on daily basis. First I made card at ANX and it was great when price was little higher than now. They have $100 minimum deposit limit or at least they had when I used it last time. After that I found e-coin.io and it was pleasant surprise for me. Very nice UI, fast response to deposit and loading the card with funds, all your deposits and payments well organized and clean. Also I had a couple of emails with support they were helpful and understanding. Last one I made was from wagecan and did not have a chance to use it, but as far as I know they also use transforex hk bank for their operations so it is almost the same as ANX card.

You should add ANX and Wagecan to your list, also I saw CCEDK has its own card. I do not know exact differences between them.

Will look into adding them, thank you!

The CCEDK card is the same as the Bit-X card (they partnered together and CCEDK can sell the nanocards now).
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2015, 02:45:35 PM

nice list, please keep it up to date  Smiley

kaykawa

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 02:45:47 PM

For the Bit-X card, I'm trying to figure out how foreign point of sales will work.

You listed 0% fees, but it's my belief that Bit-X draws from it's BTC-USD market.  Would it just take that rate and then apply the current exchange rate similar to the rates found at XE.com?

I'm very interested in getting one if I don't have to pay a foreign currency exchange fee every time I use the card.

bernard75
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 02:48:19 PM
Last edit: August 18, 2015, 03:11:17 PM by bernard75

There are at least a dozen other debit cards not mentioned, those taht spring to mind, are:
Bitstamp, OKPAY, ANX, Bitcurex, Wagecoin, Coinkite, Coinjar, Bitplastic. I wouldnt trust some of them though.
Also most of them are simply branded WBKs or even worse mBanks, that add varying additional fees for the "privilege" of exchanging your BTC for you.
bernard75
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 03:17:58 PM

Here are even more, if somebody is making a comparison:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1f7w5MhwtzOIHOnAxIr808EDqWBEJPcEIs5agtAdQVGA/edit?pli=1
point0

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 03:25:19 PM

THIS IS A MILEADING LINK DONT USE!! ( will tell you that bit-x and xapo are the best )
Furio
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

BTC | LTC | XLM | VEN | ARDR

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 04:58:34 PM

Really helpfull thanks, I think everybody can judge for them selves, the fees and all are public, so only the best and cheapest/efficient survive I guess

Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2015, 09:24:45 AM

There are at least a dozen other debit cards not mentioned, those taht spring to mind, are:
Bitstamp, OKPAY, ANX, Bitcurex, Wagecoin, Coinkite, Coinjar, Bitplastic. I wouldnt trust some of them though.
Also most of them are simply branded WBKs or even worse mBanks, that add varying additional fees for the "privilege" of exchanging your BTC for you.

I have a Bitcurex account. I don't see anything about debit cards on their site.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
tmltd

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 09:32:12 AM

Here's a collection of the major Bitcoin debit (and prepaid) cards!
If you know of any other (preferrably reputable) sites that offer debit cards (as a main product) please post it here!
Can you add links, in your first post, to official threads in this forum for the cards you mention so that the users can read more details about them and discuss there their opinions or specific questions so this thread can be used as a reference list ?
For example e-coin card has an official thread here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=917350.0, BIT-X debit card here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1006153.0

Great idea and work. Keep updating it.

▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ Cloudmining 101: how to avoid scams / ponzis  ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁
####### Never ever invest more than you can afford to lose #######
zenqer

Activity: 15

View Profile
August 21, 2015, 07:45:48 PM

Is advcash the only one offering virtual cards?

marcotheminer (OP)
Legendary

┴puoʎǝq ʞool┴

View Profile
August 21, 2015, 08:01:04 PM

Currently, I think so yes. Bit-X announced that they would release PrePaid and Virtual cards soon.
zenqer

Activity: 15

View Profile
August 21, 2015, 10:13:49 PM

Currently, I think so yes. Bit-X announced that they would release PrePaid and Virtual cards soon.

I hope so. These are more useful to me than the plastic cards.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: