Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 11:16:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Dragon miner running really slow !will pay in btc for teamviever help!  (Read 1409 times)
BannedDK (OP)

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 02:37:45 PM
Last edit: August 18, 2015, 07:09:24 PM by BannedDK

hey guys.

so i bought this used dragon miner and followed this post

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=648730.0

it kinda works, but it wont run the speed its supposed to.

i have these to screens

what am i doing wrong? im no pro at this but i got this far and just need it to run full speed

thanks

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
vm1990
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 12:17:03 AM

pretty sure subnet mask is suppose to be 255.255.255.0

other than that everything looks right whats it show from the pool side?

notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 12:58:34 AM

pretty sure subnet mask is suppose to be 255.255.255.0

other than that everything looks right whats it show from the pool side?

Yes I would agree my dragon 1.5 has this one and it works.  Try another pool and see what it does after changing mask.

Also what model dragon is it?  It is only showing 2 blades which is odd.
BannedDK (OP)

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 07:16:57 AM

Well its a 5 blade 1 TH so kinda wierd it only shows 2 blades.. First time i turned it on it showed 4 blades.
But i really Got zero skills in putty setup so cant do anything there unless the guide is really specific

Ill try change the subnet when i get home from Work

Ill post the result after Smiley
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 05:15:48 PM

Well its a 5 blade 1 TH so kinda wierd it only shows 2 blades.. First time i turned it on it showed 4 blades.
But i really Got zero skills in putty setup so cant do anything there unless the guide is really specific

Ill try change the subnet when i get home from Work

Ill post the result after Smiley

Let us know what happens.

I would check to make sure all blades are plugged in snugly.  2 blades showing leads to possible other problems.   And are you sure it's 5 blade?   If so this has had a long life 5 blade 1T's were the first ones, they later went 4 blades.
BannedDK (OP)

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 07:42:02 PM

so i changed the subnet mask to 255 instead of 254, still the same. wont even show up on slush pool Huh

this is the model i got

still only shows 2 blades and i tried unplug them all and put them back together.

2 blades has constant red light

3 blades flashes red light

before i put on the new image i had that locked image from lketc, and it had all 5 blades running, but had to reinstall because i couldnt edit anything, and now it wont work

or maybe i just fucked it up and got my self a nice piece of scrap metal Undecided

edit: when changing back to subnet mask 254, slush pool finds the miner, but it only runs 109GH

difficulty is set to 256 default, change to 1024?
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 07:49:41 PM

so i changed the subnet mask to 255 instead of 254, still the same. wont even show up on slush pool Huh

this is the model i got

still only shows 2 blades and i tried unplug them all and put them back together.

before i put on the new image i had that locked image from lketc, and it had all 5 blades running, but had to reinstall because i couldnt edit anything, and now it wont work

or maybe i just fucked it up and got my self a nice piece of scrap metal Undecided

Are you able to ask previous owner about it?  We really don't know a lot of it's history with it being 5 blade it has been ran some time.   

I would ask previous owner what problems he had.  If he says none ask where it was ran at if a cheap data center or home or doubtful if just sold a good data center.

If you have a PSU tester you might check it.  I know they were nothing special and a lot broke after time.

Also do you have SD card with old image or happen to back it up before flashing new image?
BannedDK (OP)

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 07:54:47 PM

this is the model i got

Are you able to ask previous owner about it?  We really don't know a lot of it's history with it being 5 blade it has been ran some time.   

I would ask previous owner what problems he had.  If he says none ask where it was ran at if a cheap data center or home or doubtful if just sold a good data center.

If you have a PSU tester you might check it.  I know they were nothing special and a lot broke after time.

Also do you have SD card with old image or happen to back it up before flashing new image?

when i went to get it from the last owner, we logged in on slush and i saw it running 1th, no problems at all, and all blades worked

he just had a shitty image where you couldnt change anything, he didnt even know what he did to set it up.

so it worked, but i had to change image, but didnt think about making a backup.. Angry

i could ofc try find the original image somewhere on the web and put that on
BannedDK (OP)

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 08:11:26 PM

I Can try take it apart and swap the cables tomorrow and check all connections.

Then i could search for the original image and put on instead.
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 08:16:34 PM

I would not swap all the cables yet.  I would just make sure snug at this point.   

But yes searching for image and trying others is a good  idea.  Make sure to look for 5 blade images if possible (they are hard to find at this point)
RadekG

Activity: 924
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 09:24:52 AM

I would not swap all the cables yet.  I would just make sure snug at this point.   

But yes searching for image and trying others is a good  idea.  Make sure to look for 5 blade images if possible (they are hard to find at this point)

Yes, this is 99% firmware problem. I have 2T dragon and leds are lighting without blinking during normal conditions. They are blinking only during booting, so it seems that two blades are working only. I highly recommend you to use firmware with voltage and speed control as I have, you can reach 0.5W/GHs. Each blade should hash at 245GHs at 1000MHz setting. My dragon has 2THs at 1700W resulting in 0.85W/GHs.

BannedDK (OP)

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 11:25:38 AM

Yes, this is 99% firmware problem. I have 2T dragon and leds are lighting without blinking during normal conditions. They are blinking only during booting, so it seems that two blades are working only. I highly recommend you to use firmware with voltage and speed control as I have, you can reach 0.5W/GHs. Each blade should hash at 245GHs at 1000MHz setting. My dragon has 2THs at 1700W resulting in 0.85W/GHs.

so ive been busy with work and rl so havnt really done much to this problem. but tried a bit today and a few new images found on google.

so far it seems that every blade could work when i swap them around the ports on the raspberrypi board.

there are 6 ports and only port 1 and 4 is working.

do you still think its firmware? tried so many now but none of them find more then those 2 ports, so maybe its just broken. didnt really pay much for it, so dosnt matter for me to throw it out if its to much trouble trying to fix it.

notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 11:31:22 AM

so ive been busy with work and rl so havnt really done much to this problem. but tried a bit today and a few new images found on google.

so far it seems that every blade could work when i swap them around the ports on the raspberrypi board.

do you still think its firmware? tried so many now but none of them find more then those 2 ports, so maybe its just broken. didnt really pay much for it, so dosnt matter for me to throw it out if its to much trouble trying to fix it.

We don't have enough info to say it could be anything from bad PSU or other hardware.  To software went wrong and needs re-flashed on firmware.

It would not hurt to use another firmware.  Just make sure to backup that SD card as you don't want to lose it if other's don't work at all.   If you have a 2nd sd card might use it and leave original alone.
BannedDK (OP)

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 12:22:08 PM
Last edit: October 20, 2015, 12:36:43 PM by BannedDK

I would not swap all the cables yet.  I would just make sure snug at this point.  

But yes searching for image and trying others is a good  idea.  Make sure to look for 5 blade images if possible (they are hard to find at this point)

We don't have enough info to say it could be anything from bad PSU or other hardware.  To software went wrong and needs re-flashed on firmware.

It would not hurt to use another firmware.  Just make sure to backup that SD card as you don't want to lose it if other's don't work at all.   If you have a 2nd sd card might use it and leave original alone.

I get A new psu tester tomorrow so Will try that and see. And i might have A spare psu i could replace it with if its broken.

Still.. When 2 blades are running and 3 is Down it still runs really slow. Will give A shout tomorrow ive Tried it
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
October 20, 2015, 04:23:00 PM

I would not swap all the cables yet.  I would just make sure snug at this point.  

But yes searching for image and trying others is a good  idea.  Make sure to look for 5 blade images if possible (they are hard to find at this point)

We don't have enough info to say it could be anything from bad PSU or other hardware.  To software went wrong and needs re-flashed on firmware.

It would not hurt to use another firmware.  Just make sure to backup that SD card as you don't want to lose it if other's don't work at all.   If you have a 2nd sd card might use it and leave original alone.

I get A new psu tester tomorrow so Will try that and see. And i might have A spare psu i could replace it with if its broken.

Still.. When 2 blades are running and 3 is Down it still runs really slow. Will give A shout tomorrow ive Tried it

I would test it out for sure.  A lot of the dragons were not the greatest PSU and crapped out eventually.

If that does not work for sure look into firmware.  It's hard to say what weird can happen with a messed up firmware. But make sure to back it up before trying anything with it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: