Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 08:49:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Website for gathering the thoughts of core devs  (Read 1656 times)
Nicolas Dorier (OP)

Activity: 714
Merit: 619

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 06:14:34 PM
Merited by ABCbits (2)

Today I worked on a small website so core devs can upload easily their thoughts about the block size and present it to the community.

Core devs, please submit your thoughts (or at least what BIP you approve/disapprove) for each of those BIPs.
You need to submit a formatted message signed with your PGP key to edit your profile, I am using PGP pubkeys I found in bitcoin.org github.

Please let me know of any dev participants to add in this matrix, as well as other complete proposal I forgot.

If you are a dev in the list:
  • Click on your name in the main page
  • Click on Edit
  • Submit a PGP signed, formatted message (HTML accepted) with your approval/disapproval and opinion on each BIP as in the example

If you don't have time, at least tell us what you reject completely and what would you be ready to approve.

Url : http://bipsxdevs.azurewebsites.net/
Github : https://github.com/NicolasDorier/BIPxDevs
Sample of message signed : https://aois.blob.core.windows.net/public/BlockSize/DevsPost/zsample.sig

Hope it help,
(Let me know if it breaks, I am using a small free website of Azure with quota limits Wink)

Bitcoin address 15sYbVpRh6dyWycZMwPdxJWD4xbfxReeHe

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
unamis76
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 06:17:45 PM

This is pretty good work! Most devs have already posted their opinions but on several sites, on different posts, scattered around. It would be nice if devs noticed this and posted their opinions in the same place.
Nicolas Dorier (OP)

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 06:20:27 PM

This is pretty good work! Most devs have already posted their opinions but on several sites, on different posts, scattered around. It would be nice if devs noticed this and posted their opinions in the same place.

Yes their thoughts are scattered everywhere, and we don't even know what they approve or completely disapprove. It will bring some clarity, I hope.

hdbuck
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 06:26:37 PM

+1 that would be quite nice, for a start.

hope the devs would give this a chance.
ashour

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 06:46:56 PM

Today I worked on a small website so core devs can upload easily their thoughts about the block size and present it to the community.

Core devs, please submit your thoughts (or at least what BIP you approve/disapprove) for each of those BIPs.
You need to submit a formatted message signed with your PGP key to edit your profile, I am using PGP pubkeys I found in bitcoin.org github.

Please let me know of any dev participants to add in this matrix, as well as other complete proposal I forgot.

If you are a dev in the list:
  • Click on your name in the main page
  • Click on Edit
  • Submit a PGP signed, formatted message (HTML accepted) with your approval/disapproval and opinion on each BIP as in the example

If you don't have time, at least tell us what you reject completely and what would you be ready to approve.

Url : http://bipsxdevs.azurewebsites.net/
Github : https://github.com/NicolasDorier/BIPxDevs
Sample of message signed : https://aois.blob.core.windows.net/public/BlockSize/DevsPost/zsample.sig

Hope it help,
(Let me know if it breaks, I am using a small free website of Azure with quota limits Wink)

Nice and useful website, but you should change the design a bit. And get a cpanel hosting with a domain and the site could get some good traffic.
hexafraction

Activity: 392
Merit: 259

Tips welcomed: 1CF4GhXX1RhCaGzWztgE1YZZUcSpoqTbsJ

View Profile
August 18, 2015, 07:52:12 PM

Nice and useful website, but you should change the design a bit. And get a cpanel hosting with a domain and the site could get some good traffic.

Why would the OP necessarily want cPanel hosting? What tangible benefit to the user does having cPanel have that simply hosting as it is (with a higher quota) doesn't? I agree however, that the design could be tweaked a bit.

I have recently become active again after a long period of inactivity. Cryptographic proof that my account has not been compromised is available.
Nicolas Dorier (OP)

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 04:41:48 AM
Last edit: August 19, 2015, 08:38:48 AM by Nicolas Dorier

I accept github PR, I did this website in one day, it is just a utility website for getting the job done and present nicely to the user. (a quick & dirty site which does the job)
Design is not my thing Smiley

I don't plan gathering traffic, I just want it to serve its temporary purpose : Inform users and gather thoughts of core devs.

CounterEntropy

Activity: 214
Merit: 277

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 07:48:17 PM

I accept github PR, I did this website in one day, it is just a utility website for getting the job done and present nicely to the user. (a quick & dirty site which does the job)

I don't plan gathering traffic, I just want it to serve its temporary purpose : Inform users and gather thoughts of core devs.

Not sure if it is for core devs only or any proposal with merit can get in here. If the later is true, then you might like to include this one - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1154536.0
Nicolas Dorier (OP)

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 08:20:39 AM

Not sure if it is for core devs only or any proposal with merit can get in here. If the later is true, then you might like to include this one - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1154536.0

To keep the table readable, I will just mention informatively and if a voter wants to get it included, I will add it.
I added other devs in the list as well.

jl2012
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1093

View Profile
August 21, 2015, 03:14:01 AM

Does it mean Luke is neutral to other proposals?

Donation address: 374iXxS4BuqFHsEwwxUuH3nvJ69Y7Hqur3 (Bitcoin ONLY)
LRDGENPLYrcTRssGoZrsCT1hngaH3BVkM4 (LTC)
PGP: D3CC 1772 8600 5BB8 FF67 3294 C524 2A1A B393 6517
Nicolas Dorier (OP)

View Profile
August 21, 2015, 03:15:47 AM

It means that he did not responded to other BIP, so we can interpret as either neutral or "I have not read it", which are basically the same.

dexX7
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2015, 06:28:07 PM
Last edit: August 21, 2015, 10:19:50 PM by dexX7

I'd consider Meni's proposal actually more as an extension: it could be applied on 1 MB blocks, but also on 8 MB blocks. And the mechanism seems to be soft-forkable. (edit: just to clarify: this shouldn't imply I don't consider it as valuable item on the list!)

Nicolas Dorier (OP)

View Profile
August 22, 2015, 05:13:21 AM

I'd consider Meni's proposal actually more as an extension: it could be applied on 1 MB blocks, but also on 8 MB blocks. And the mechanism seems to be soft-forkable. (edit: just to clarify: this shouldn't imply I don't consider it as valuable item on the list!)
Those BIP are not mutually exclusive, several of them can be implemented if they reach consensus. I don't think it as a competition between all of them, but as a way to see which one can be fork planned without blood.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: