Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 06:29:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I found a case full of graphic cards, check this out!  (Read 4267 times)
Maniac479

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 07, 2012, 11:37:00 PM

I have an old GeForce 8800 GTX card if anyone wants to give me any bitcoin for it. It's a monster, would cost a lot to ship. It's really heavy, like a large brick, with a large fan and heavy-duty cooling.

I've got an old computer that needs a new AGP card (the old one fried) so maybe I could do a straight trade.

I think this GeForce 8800 was barely used. I got it with another card, the guy just threw it in for nothing.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
yrtrnc (OP)

Activity: 605
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 09, 2012, 09:34:48 PM

As shipping would cost you alot, you might just want to sell your card locally.

As for the AGP card, I can do you a good price for 2.5 BTC shipped, what do you think?

Their 40 bucks on eBay, and thats the ceapest Ive found.
 http://www.ebay.com/itm/D02-X0013-NEW-AGP-Video-Card-nVIDIA-GeForce-FX5700-FX-5700-256-MB-/271057192779?pt=PCC_Video_TV_Cards&hash=item3f1c44874b

I have an old GeForce 8800 GTX card if anyone wants to give me any bitcoin for it. It's a monster, would cost a lot to ship. It's really heavy, like a large brick, with a large fan and heavy-duty cooling.

I've got an old computer that needs a new AGP card (the old one fried) so maybe I could do a straight trade.

I think this GeForce 8800 was barely used. I got it with another card, the guy just threw it in for nothing.
SysRun

Activity: 616

Portland Bitcoin Group Organizer

View Profile
October 10, 2012, 02:26:36 PM

could be gold in those. you might want to check on the recycling value.

Images are not allowed. As your member rank increases, you can use more types of styling in your signature, and your signature can be longer. See the stickies in Meta for more info.
Max 2000; characters remaining: 1781
Aahzman

Activity: 602

Your *what* is itchy?

View Profile
October 11, 2012, 05:23:56 PM

How did you find them?
That's what I wanna know.
Dumpster diving out back of a pc shop that had a cleanout?

seriously they are old tech, the only use for them will be people with old pcs whose gfx card fails and they wont upgrade to a new system.
If you want to get an idea of the real value, start an auction on ebay at $2 and see where it sells Wink
The value is in what someone will pay for it, not what someone wants to get for it Smiley

and all us nerds who do family/friend tech support know someone like that, who just refuses to commit a few bucks to buying a new system. sigh. i've flat out told my friends and family that if it's more than 3yrs old, i ain't helping them with it. Especially my brother in law, who likes to THINK he's a techie, but is really just an idiot.

yrtrnc (OP)

View Profile
October 11, 2012, 06:01:00 PM

I alone have 3 AGP desktops lying around.. Antiques  Grin

How did you find them?

seriously they are old tech, the only use for them will be people with old pcs whose gfx card fails and they wont upgrade to a new system.
If you want to get an idea of the real value, start an auction on ebay at $2 and see where it sells Wink
The value is in what someone will pay for it, not what someone wants to get for it Smiley

and all us nerds who do family/friend tech support know someone like that, who just refuses to commit a few bucks to buying a new system. sigh. i've flat out told my friends and family that if it's more than 3yrs old, i ain't helping them with it. Especially my brother in law, who likes to THINK he's a techie, but is really just an idiot.
MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
October 11, 2012, 06:07:06 PM

How did you find them?

NASA, up until recently, has been buying up old 386 hardware on the sly in order to maintian their legacy control computers, mostly in the shuttles.  The reason that they were necessary was because the old & slow cpu's were much more tolerant to ionizing radiation making into the computer case, and thus did not require nearly as much shielding as a more recent cpu arch.  For similar reasons, the USMC had 486 machines in hardened cases up until around 1995.  These thing s are worth something to someone, if only a enterprise business in Africa.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
deepceleron
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1028

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2012, 06:31:11 PM

Here's an opinion on these cards from eight years ago:

the fx series of cards from nvidia had some issues with pixel shaders. the le is also the slow version of the 5700, 5700ultra. the fastest version, the 5700ultra is showing its age and i would say thr minimum card to upgrade to right now is the 6600gt(agp) on newegg.com

There was a guy able to sell two similar cards buy it now for $25 with free shipping, but it may take forever to dispose of them if you ask that much. I can get better freecycled AGP cards all day long, this is the kind of video card you will find in "free computer tower on curb" ads.
Remember remember the 5th of November
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1011

Reverse engineer from time to time

View Profile
October 11, 2012, 06:57:20 PM

How did you find them?

NASA, up until recently, has been buying up old 386 hardware on the sly in order to maintian their legacy control computers, mostly in the shuttles.  The reason that they were necessary was because the old & slow cpu's were much more tolerant to ionizing radiation making into the computer case, and thus did not require nearly as much shielding as a more recent cpu arch.  For similar reasons, the USMC had 486 machines in hardened cases up until around 1995.  These thing s are worth something to someone, if only a enterprise business in Africa.
True, but bit-rot can and does occur on earth but around once per year. For clustered memory perhaps more.

BTC:1AiCRMxgf1ptVQwx6hDuKMu4f7F27QmJC2
Insu Dra

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 12, 2012, 05:27:22 PM

Someone must have spent alot of money on these at the time they were good for mining. Grin 

I'm sure the cards are older then bitcoin it selfs so mining what exactly ?  Tongue

"drugs, guns, and gambling for anyone and everyone!"
yrtrnc (OP)

View Profile
October 12, 2012, 07:41:53 PM

Its a joke dude  Grin

Someone must have spent alot of money on these at the time they were good for mining. Grin 

I'm sure the cards are older then bitcoin it selfs so mining what exactly ?  Tongue
underminer

Activity: 210

Not for hire.

View Profile
October 14, 2012, 06:01:54 PM

Hey I have really insanely good luck selling agp cards on craigslist.  Just poke around until you find a want ad for agp card or somebody looking to upgrade their old system, then make them a really good offer like $5-10 per card.  Seems like I sell 2/3 agp cards every couple weeks (and I never buy them) which isn't shabby.

Keep your bitcoins my .02 are free.
HolyScott

Activity: 181

View Profile
October 18, 2012, 02:35:58 AM

Just a tad outdated.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: