Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 11:32:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ...  (Read 60963 times)
turtlehurricane (OP)

Activity: 197
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 01:48:48 AM
Last edit: September 27, 2015, 10:43:51 AM by turtlehurricane

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 01:51:46 AM

yes more control is always gained under the disguise of protectionism  Lips sealed
Yazuki

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 01:51:57 AM

this is why you never run code written by mike hearn
knight22
Legendary

Activity: 1372

--------------->¿?

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 01:56:44 AM

Dire

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

Crypto-Games.net: DICE and SLOT

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 02:17:51 AM

If this is true this isn't just a case of FUD, it's rather damning. Again, I don't know if it's true, but it would essentially mean that it's a soft roll-out of removed anonymity which down the line becomes more apparent with further excuses/reasons for changing things further.

Intelligent infiltration always happens in increments.

Can someone weigh in on this code?
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2015, 02:34:19 AM

this is why you never run code written by mike hearn

Heam is a true shitlord.  He'd have to be, in order to get laanwj this pissed:

Bitcoin's real chief dev was over Heam's toxic BS and privacy-hostile assclown antics long ago.  It's time for the rest of the us to catch up.

We should start referring to XT as 'PanoptiCoin.'

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
tadakaluri

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2015, 02:44:08 AM

These things can through away Bitcoin into more problems.  So we must need to stick with Bitcoin Core.
btccashacc
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 02:47:16 AM
Last edit: August 19, 2015, 04:26:15 PM by btccashacc

congratulation fuder you succes make bitcoin down

after this im sure wyou will create new account to trolling bitcoin price
crazywack
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 02:48:19 AM

These things can through away Bitcoin into more problems.  So we must need to stick with Bitcoin Core.

I have been familiarizing myself with the issue and have to agree. Stick to core, there are many OTHER ways to achieve code fixes, larger block sizes, ect then a hard fork. The thought of this hard fork scares me to the point I'm ready to go into fiat until everything stablizes... It's making me sick....

knight22
Legendary

--------------->¿?

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 02:49:11 AM

This as been discussed in the open:

Default refresh period is 24 hours, controllable via the command line. New dependency on libcurl is added.

This improves robustness against Tor based jamming attacks. I have implemented this attack and tested it against the existing XT code: this version just ensures the data is fresh.

https://github.com/bitcoinxt/bitcoinxt/pull/20

zeroday
Donator

Activity: 784

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 02:49:46 AM

Looks like XT is a piece of shady bullshit. What will be in the next version ? Direct reporting to NSA ?
helmax

Activity: 440
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 02:53:31 AM

This code doesn't actually block anything, just marks it as being lower priority than non-Tor traffic. It should never do anything unless there's an active DoS attack via Tor. So perfect accuracy isn't really needed here: Tor access still works fine and will do even if you run a Bitcoin node and Tor node on the same machine.

That said, I'll make a mental note to switch to the second URL when I work on this code again (might be soon, given the ongoing DoS attacks via Tor we're seeing).

looking job
Trenbolon

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 03:06:04 AM
Last edit: August 19, 2015, 03:16:59 AM by Trenbolon

I guess it is not necessary more than 1 minute to find out who is coordinating this and WHY...

Maybe that is so obvious to me but not for everyone.

Anyway, that is a CLEAR move from the BIG OWNERS of the world.

Don't trust anything that comes from Google, or should I say Alphabet?

After the bilderberg meeting, you can simply blacklist all the names included at that list and anything that COMES FROM THEM, you simply ignore.

Keep on with the BITCOIN CORE if you desire to be free. As simple as that can be.

If you want to know WHY, then go look for TRUTH, if you don't want to know why then maybe you shouldn't be free at all... Freedom only comes for those who seek the truth.

These liars come with "nice sounding words". Be very careful when you listen "FOR YOUR PROTECTION WE ARE GONNA DO THIS" because someone is taking your freedom.

---

At least I am going to buy, buy and buy and stock up bitcoin as it is getting cheaper. It wouldn't be the first time I win money with bitcoin haha.

Don't want to use BTC? I do..

Maybe that way is better, we separate the owners and the slaves and the free people. So we can recognize each one more easily. How to know if someone is free? Just ask: Got BTC?

---

Sorry poor english, not my 1st language.
akaman

Activity: 247
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 03:57:04 AM

Right now most bitcoin users are completely unaware of the blacklist, we need to spread this information asap. Please retweet my tweet or make your own. We need this information to reach both the media and the community, it's a fundamental threat to bitcoin https://twitter.com/turtlehurricane/status/633844328205430784

Heck, what's the big deal? Can't you just remove the IPs in list above, recompile and run your own XT version that would even trust Stalin's personal node?

This is not a fundamental issue. The code is open-source: you are free to remove/edit any source code to your liking.
knight22
Legendary

--------------->¿?

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 04:26:41 AM

Right now most bitcoin users are completely unaware of the blacklist, we need to spread this information asap. Please retweet my tweet or make your own. We need this information to reach both the media and the community, it's a fundamental threat to bitcoin https://twitter.com/turtlehurricane/status/633844328205430784

Heck, what's the big deal? Can't you just remove the IPs in list above, recompile and run your own XT version that would even trust Stalin's personal node?

This is not a fundamental issue. The code is open-source: you are free to remove/edit any source code to your liking.
People who download Bitcoin XT are NOT being informed about this, so how would they recompile?

This is a MUCH bigger change than blocksize limit, I don't see how anyone who uses Bitcoin would think this is ok.

It's not intended to be a threat to privacy but it is a compromise to increase the core system security for mainstream adoption. I think it's a good compromise because if I really want to do a top private anonymous transaction that's really not going to stop me.

coinableS
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1179

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2015, 04:28:32 AM

I'm not surprised there is hidden crap in the XT fork. A certain group is pushing hard to try and force it's adoption. The spam/stress tests was the beginning of it. It made people feel that blocks were full when they were just orchestrated that way.

farfiman
Legendary

Activity: 1449
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 04:30:18 AM

You can not discuss this here. Please move to altcoin discussion.

"We are just fools. We insanely believe that we can replace one politician with another and something will really change. The ONLY possible way to achieve change is to change the very system of how government functions. Until we are prepared to do that, suck it up for your future belongs to the madness and corruption of politicians."
Martin Armstrong
knight22
Legendary

--------------->¿?

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 04:34:52 AM
Last edit: August 19, 2015, 05:01:11 AM by knight22

I'm not surprised there is hidden crap in the XT fork. A certain group is pushing hard to try and force it's adoption. The spam/stress tests was the beginning of it. It made people feel that blocks were full when they were just orchestrated that way.

Of course that stress test was to push forward the scaling. What you need to understand is that there is a shit load of businesses out there that are waiting for bitcoin to scale to start their operations. There is a need right now in the market and it seems the core devs are ignoring that need so that's why Gavin and Mike threw the code in the wild so that market can have that option that fits their needs. This situation is inevitable through market forces and they will choose the implementation that will handle their shit load of transactions so they can make a profit. The race is on for Core and XT. XT has made the first move.

tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 04:55:28 AM

Wow.  The wheels are really coming off of XT.  I'm not at all surprised to see such a thing, but am surprised to see it prior to the fork.  Even stolfi seems to be warm to XT which is interesting.  Watching.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
coinableS
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1179

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2015, 05:03:35 AM

Of course that stress test was to push forward the scaling. What you need to understand is that there is shit load of businesses out there that are waiting for bitcoin to scale to start their operations. There is a need right now in the market and it seems the core devs are ignoring that need so that's why Gavin and Mike threw the code in the wild so that market can have that option that fits their needs. This situation is inevitable through market forces and they will choose the implementation that will handle their shit load of transactions so they can make a profit. The race is on for Core and XT. XT has made the first move.

XT did make the first move. Mike and Gavin decided their way was best and instead of working together as a team with the rest of the core devs they just forked the project hoping everyone would follow them. I can't follow a move like that.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  

Jump to: