Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 03:31:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 5000 Bitcoins for a Pizza - The most famous story in Bitcoin history  (Read 2656 times)
4p0l4k4y

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

Virtual Assistant | Remote Admin Support

View Profile
October 30, 2017, 10:19:01 AM

Well I guess everyone who was into bitcoining that time doesnt have any idea that it would increase its value 10000 x. They were just taking it for granted. If that person was already into mining bitcoins before, he might still got alot of bitcoins stored for today.

I help small and medium business owners increase brand awareness by creating engaging content, customer support, managing email marketing, and implementing automation.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Kakkles

Activity: 61
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 01:51:40 AM

Wow, most expensive pizza of all time haha. Hope it tasted amazing
Nerman

Activity: 364
Merit: 107

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 02:07:55 AM

Well during that time it seems it was a really good deal and of course mining bitcoin that time seems very easy. Imagine you are just using your laptop or pc and getting a Bitcoin.  Well it was a good advertisement for bitcoin since it was in the news. No one would think during  that time that bitcoin will be very valuable.Maybe i would do the same thing on that time and probably exchage it in paypal as well.

I already heard of bitcoin during that time and just ignored it, i'm one of the person that really thought bitcoin will never work, dumb me. If I only have a time machine LOL.
SakinaPrincess

Activity: 217
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 02:55:48 AM

OH My God, never heard that before. Was that real or its just a story created by some novelist? If it was real that guy would have heart attacked lol.

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform  
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
Yanisumin

Activity: 648
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 03:28:13 AM

The Pizza Purchase

The first retail purchase on May 22, 2010 is probably the most famous story in Bitcoin history. Jacksonville, Florida Bitcoin “miner” Laszlo Hanyecz pays 10,000 Bitcoins that he mined himself for two pizzas. At the time, Bitcoin did technically have an exchange rate of a few cents, but who knew that? The purchase price for the pizza was approximately U$25. Selling 10,000 units of unknown computer code for two real pizzas seemed like a great deal at the time.

“It wasn’t like Bitcoins had any value back then, so the idea of trading them for a pizza was incredibly cool,” Mr. Hanyecz told the New York Times recently.

The year of 2010 sees many first for Bitcoin, including the first escrow transaction (October 16), the first mobile transaction (December Cool and the first time Bitcoin’s total value exceeded US$1 million on November 6, with each bitcoin trading for approx. US$0.50. Bitcoin is now a real currency.

You Can find this interesting story along with "Top 10 Greatest Moments in Bitcoin History" here: http://cointelegraph.com/news/115146/top-10-greatest-moments-in-bitcoin-history

And the Original Pizza Story Started here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=137.0

I bet he is still computing for the BTC he exchanged for pizza up to these day.
At the current price of 6000 dollars and multiplied it by 10k dollars, you can have a yacht, a real state, a resort or a shopping mall that can give you some real positive cash flow and meanwhile the pizza he intake and outtake is just a bacteria nowadays. This is one of the biggest regrets in history and one of the best lesson in holding BTC.

oblox
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1018

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 03:30:41 AM

No, it was an important transaction that at the time had no value. It was a proof of concept that ultimately led way to where things are now. It had to happen.
shafi alam

Activity: 630
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 04:51:15 AM

Oh god,  i heard the same story few day age. i was surprised omg what he did?  now adays price of bitcoin is so high. everyone think if he can live instead of the pizza guy, he will never sale thouse coin.  Grin
Mpamaegbu
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1208

Once a man, twice a child!

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 07:56:47 AM

I bet he is still computing for the BTC he exchanged for pizza up to these day.
At the current price of 6000 dollars and multiplied it by 10k dollars, you can have a yacht, a real state, a resort or a shopping mall that can give you some real positive cash flow and meanwhile the pizza he intake and outtake is just a bacteria nowadays. This is one of the biggest regrets in history and one of the best lesson in holding BTC.
You can say that again about the calculation and the pizza eater forever living in regrets till he dies. He truly deserves a place in the Guinness World Book of Records. Not just for exchanging his 10,000 units of mined bitcoins for a mere pizza like the biblical Esau but for being the first person to have carried out a widely recorded bitcoin transaction. He truly deserves a place in history, whether good or bad.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██