Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 12:07:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: just make a "BitcoinXT" section somewhere on the forum.  (Read 2122 times)
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2015, 10:53:47 PM

It won't happen, the CN pools won't support anything along the lines of a fork even if it does allow for larger block sizes. Even Bitmain alone can block a fork.
It is my understanding that the chinese pools, for the most part do not own the hardware they are mining with, so switching pools to one that does support XT (or any other fork) would be as simple as changing a few settings. It is also possible that something could change in the future that would convince the Chinese pools to support XT, perhaps if major a major payment processor were to publicly support XT.....I am not sure if any of them will though.

Many of the CN pools control large amounts of hash rate which they may not own but instead manage (inc cloud) so they can dictate what we do. And that will not be supporting XT (unless there is an overwhelming consensus). What everyone wants is for the developers to stop acting like children and just agree on a block size. Make it 1.1MB as a first step, see if everyone magically runs out of hard drive space and go from there.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
meono

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 02:55:40 AM

It won't happen, the CN pools won't support anything along the lines of a fork even if it does allow for larger block sizes. Even Bitmain alone can block a fork.
It is my understanding that the chinese pools, for the most part do not own the hardware they are mining with, so switching pools to one that does support XT (or any other fork) would be as simple as changing a few settings. It is also possible that something could change in the future that would convince the Chinese pools to support XT, perhaps if major a major payment processor were to publicly support XT.....I am not sure if any of them will though.

Many of the CN pools control large amounts of hash rate which they may not own but instead manage (inc cloud) so they can dictate what we do. And that will not be supporting XT (unless there is an overwhelming consensus). What everyone wants is for the developers to stop acting like children and just agree on a block size. Make it 1.1MB as a first step, see if everyone magically runs out of hard drive space and go from there.

Go from there? You mean another hard fork? You never cease to amaze me with your intelligence, dogie alldick.
YarkoL
Legendary

Activity: 996
Merit: 1012

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 06:34:13 AM

Fine, pretend to be impartial while picking one side to scold for not meeting your standards of genteel conduct.   Roll Eyes

There's no group of "utter dickheads" in which I'd rather be included than the one boasting Szabo, Back, BramCohen, theymos, gmax, pwuille, MeniR, laawj, ptodd, drak, davout, MP, hdbuck, and MoA.

If you haven't noticed, your XT-BECAUSE-OFFENDED meme (after some initial success while theymos took the weekend off) has failed.

I guess people love privacy and Tor more than they hate the core devs and theymos!   Grin

"XT-BECAUSE-OFFENDED meme"? what the hell are you talking about.
I was away from the forum for ten days, and I haven't kept up with
this squabble.

All I was saying that give XT a child board on its own, instead of
dumping all that stuff into regular altcoin section which is already
a chaotic cesspool.

But I guess during that ten days I forgot that making serious posts
into Bitcointalk is an exercise in futility.

Anyway, enjoy your civil war. Bitcoin being split into two doesn't really concern
me. <shrugs>

“God does not play dice"
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2015, 08:30:55 PM

Fine, pretend to be impartial while picking one side to scold for not meeting your standards of genteel conduct.   Roll Eyes

There's no group of "utter dickheads" in which I'd rather be included than the one boasting Szabo, Back, BramCohen, theymos, gmax, pwuille, MeniR, laawj, ptodd, drak, davout, MP, hdbuck, and MoA.

If you haven't noticed, your XT-BECAUSE-OFFENDED meme (after some initial success while theymos took the weekend off) has failed.

I guess people love privacy and Tor more than they hate the core devs and theymos!   Grin

"XT-BECAUSE-OFFENDED meme"? what the hell are you talking about.
I was away from the forum for ten days, and I haven't kept up with
this squabble.

All I was saying that give XT a child board on its own, instead of
dumping all that stuff into regular altcoin section which is already
a chaotic cesspool.

XT is a perfect fit for the chaotic cesspool.

The "XT-BECAUSE-OFFENDED meme" refers to the last ditch attempt of the Gavinistas to justify their attack using theymo's so-called "censorship" and/or rude conduct of Core supporters.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
RocketSingh
Legendary

Activity: 1662
Merit: 1050

View Profile
August 21, 2015, 03:07:05 PM

Definitely no. The problem isn't XT nor the forum's policy. It is the users that are constantly opening threads for the same topics in the wrong subsection.
If BitcoinXT deserves a section for itself, doesn't DASH (just used as example, I'm not advocating it) deserve one too? Are you trying to tell me there are more posts about XT than about DASH (currently ~105k)?

To simplify, the main reason for which neither have or are going to have their section is because this is BITCOINtalk, not bitcoinXTtalk, nor DASHtalk.

Dash is an altcoin, XT isn't.

XT is.

Not yet. But, it will be. Right now, XT is just an alternative coin. If they can gain 75%+ hash power, they'll allow bigger blocks and then that would be an alt coin.

I wish they dont. But, did not bitmain sign the letter supporting 8MB block ?

Supporting the idea that block sizes should increase, NOT any form of forming or XT which is considered dangerous. They want the core devs to work together.

Does not seem like you had any internal info. This is straight from the co-founder of Bitmain...

I support increasing the block size. @BITMAINtech 's AntPool will be prepared to switch to XT, IF we see majority has switched.

https://twitter.com/JihanWu/status/633288343338381314

It is high time that core devs take proposals like BIP 100, https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1154536.0 or BIP 103 seriously.

trinaldao
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

Post your ann & bounty just contact me

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2015, 03:11:10 PM

Yeahh...
may be move all Thread about Bitcoin XT to trashcan Roll Eyes

and only 1 Thread, because i see so many troller at Create bitcoinXT Thread

INVALID BBCODE: close of unopened tag in table (1)
Zarathustra
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 21, 2015, 07:47:12 PM

The "XT-BECAUSE-OFFENDED meme" refers to the last ditch attempt of the Gavinistas to justify their attack using theymo's so-called "censorship" and/or rude conduct of Core supporters.

Gavinist: XT is open source!

iCEstream: It is an attack! It is an attack!

Sourgummies

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

Never ending parties are what Im into.

View Profile
August 21, 2015, 09:49:54 PM

The problem with a lot of these threads the people may believe in XT but its coming across like a pushy religious guy at the front door when all you want to do Is eat.
Think the thread depth on this topic is getting past shoulder height,in other words we neck deep in it.

Glad I could help Cool
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: