Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 12:05:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Nefario  (Read 198625 times)
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 23, 2012, 08:11:41 AM

The "convenient" thing, from a customer perspective, is that each partner is liable for all shortfalls.  If you are in the same jurisdiction as any of the partners, precisely because they are general partners and not limited partners, you can seek to reclaim damages from those partners.  So if you live in the republic of theymos or bitcoin.meland, you do in fact have legal recourse.  Assuming...bitcoin.

Sort of.  One of the "convenient" things about joint and several liability is that it allows you to go after the person with the greatest capacity to pay  but that mightn't be the partner who lives in your particular jurisdiction.  Additionally, some low cost legal options have quite rigid criteria for small claims and pursuing a claim through the actual court system rather than small claims tribunals can be prohibitively expensive even if you live in the same jurisdiction as the partner with the deepest pockets.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
matauc12

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 23, 2012, 08:15:17 AM

He felt the need to close

Except, as it was organized, it wasn't his to close.

If he did the right thing he would have gone to jail and took responsibility for his actions that he alone was responsible for and whould have gotten his legal advance on his own dime before taking anyone's money. But no, he decided to make the "company" legit, not something any of the other owners agreed to, decided to take the company's money to pay for his own personal legal advice and decided to save his own ass at the expense of all the shareholders' stake and their privacy and at the expensive all his users' privacy.

A scammer is to mild of tag for scum like that.
So... nice rational... its not his choice to close, but it would be him to take the full responsibility? Make someone 100% liable but with 10% of the voice?

"No one agreed to make the company legit"... where are you taking this from? Bit coin.me said in another thread he was happy and would have like to see it being legit.

Basically you are saying... everyone were happy to have an enabling platform, shareholders were consciously owners of an illegal company, but nefario is the only one who should be liable.

If you ever plan to go into business with someone, let them know upfront you want all the benefits with no liability, that might change their idea of going in partnership with you.

Basically you have to choose, it was his choice to close or everyone is equally liable, you simply cannot have it both ways.

You can have it both ways in this case. GLBSE was a general partnership and not a company with limited liability.

You have to seperate moral and legal responsibility. I agree that some shareholders hold more moral responsibility than others, but legally they are all in it together. All partners have full responsibility for the actions of the company and none of them have the right to decide on their own to close the company. Nefario did that anyway, which is why he got the scammer tag. But that does not change that all other partners are still fully responsible for their company including debt. Customers are concerned due to shown incompetence, lack of communication and a lack of balls from all partners to publicly accept their legal responsibility. How they handle this internally should not be their customers concern.

The fact that today the general consensus seems to be that GLBSE was illegal is mere speculation and irrelevant.
you start with disagreeing and the rest of your post supports mine.... thanks though
matauc12

View Profile
October 23, 2012, 08:18:16 AM

Just to clarify my stance.

What I see is someone who did a project with no illegitimate intentions that grew to a point that made him the vessel of a illegal operation despite his intentions. He decided to pull off to not be part of an illegal scheme. That is a good moral decision in general. It is indeed sad to see it affect others, but he is currently condonned despite him.

It's pretty much like being mad at your drug dealer because he decided to get his life straight and won't be able to supply you anymore. Expect, the drug dealer actually knew what he was getting into.

Sure, some damage is done, and we still don't know to which extent. But anyone condonning a move that someone did to get them self out of a illegal position is just greedy and de facto has a much lower moral compass than him.

You have no understanding of the situation imo.

You mean I don't believe every speculations and stories biased by anger and every other accusations that has less grounds than the other? You are right.

If you mean the actual facts where an illegal entity was shutdown by the CEO regardless of shareholders consent or not and that he showed willingness and steps to settle with affected parties. I think I do. Oh and by the way, those are pretty much the extent of the facts.

He shut it down simply because of paranoia. There is no evidence at all for anything else.
I don't even understand why you quoted my post, I took special care not to be speculative about the reasons he shut down because IT DOESNT MATTER. Fight or flight is one of our primary instincts and no matter the reason, he felt the moral thing to do was to close, and he did.
deeplink

Activity: 728

In cryptography we trust

View Profile
October 23, 2012, 08:21:23 AM

He felt the need to close

Except, as it was organized, it wasn't his to close.

If he did the right thing he would have gone to jail and took responsibility for his actions that he alone was responsible for and whould have gotten his legal advance on his own dime before taking anyone's money. But no, he decided to make the "company" legit, not something any of the other owners agreed to, decided to take the company's money to pay for his own personal legal advice and decided to save his own ass at the expense of all the shareholders' stake and their privacy and at the expensive all his users' privacy.

A scammer is to mild of tag for scum like that.
So... nice rational... its not his choice to close, but it would be him to take the full responsibility? Make someone 100% liable but with 10% of the voice?

"No one agreed to make the company legit"... where are you taking this from? Bit coin.me said in another thread he was happy and would have like to see it being legit.

Basically you are saying... everyone were happy to have an enabling platform, shareholders were consciously owners of an illegal company, but nefario is the only one who should be liable.

If you ever plan to go into business with someone, let them know upfront you want all the benefits with no liability, that might change their idea of going in partnership with you.

Basically you have to choose, it was his choice to close or everyone is equally liable, you simply cannot have it both ways.

You can have it both ways in this case. GLBSE was a general partnership and not a company with limited liability.

You have to seperate moral and legal responsibility. I agree that some shareholders hold more moral responsibility than others, but legally they are all in it together. All partners have full responsibility for the actions of the company and none of them have the right to decide on their own to close the company. Nefario did that anyway, which is why he got the scammer tag. But that does not change that all other partners are still fully responsible for their company including debt. Customers are concerned due to shown incompetence, lack of communication and a lack of balls from all partners to publicly accept their legal responsibility. How they handle this internally should not be their customers concern.

The fact that today the general consensus seems to be that GLBSE was illegal is mere speculation and irrelevant.
you start with disagreeing and the rest of your post supports mine.... thanks though

I didn't know. But hey if we agree, great.
Garr255
Legendary

Activity: 938

What's a GPU?

View Profile
October 23, 2012, 07:26:04 PM

Just got off the phone with James, he said he's not going to be producing trading history for anyone. As for releasing shareholder data, he said that he's asking for the extra coins his script sent out to be returned, and it looks like he won't be releasing shareholder data to issuers until that happens. He said about 3/4 of the extra coins have been returned.

“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”  -- Mahatma Gandhi

Average time between signing on to bitcointalk: Two weeks. Please don't expect responses any faster than that!
repentance

View Profile
October 23, 2012, 07:34:09 PM

Just got off the phone with James, he said he's not going to be producing trading history for anyone. As for releasing shareholder data, he said that he's asking for the extra coins his script sent out to be returned, and it looks like he won't be releasing shareholder data to issuers until that happens. He said about 3/4 of the extra coins have been returned.

Jesus wept.  Clean shut-down my ass.  I kind of doubt that his lawyer has approved this particular plan of action.  If he doesn't give people their trading histories, he's leaving himself wide open to being reported to the tax authorities.  Whether or not people were actually planning on declaring their income from GLBSE activity, they can claim that they were and that they now can't obtain the information to report accurately.  He's astonishingly naive if he thinks that pissed off users who now believe that they're going to be forced to take a loss aren't going to file complaints with regulatory authorities.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
bitfair

Activity: 362
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 23, 2012, 07:35:39 PM

3/4 of the extra coins have been returned? That's the first time I've been impressed by the honesty and integrity of this crowd! Wink

Well done, everyone!
HorseRider
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 24, 2012, 12:42:23 AM

He's astonishingly naive if he thinks that pissed off users who now believe that they're going to be forced to take a loss aren't going to file complaints with regulatory authoritie

+1

16SvwJtQET7mkHZFFbJpgPaDA1Pxtmbm5P
matauc12

View Profile
October 24, 2012, 07:04:09 AM
Last edit: October 24, 2012, 07:56:58 AM by matauc12

so if I understand your post correctly garr, he is using the assetholders info has "leverage" to get the money from mis-distrubuted funds? Or I am misinterpreting?

But honestly, who really cares about history though? (If assets info is given of course)
caveden
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 24, 2012, 07:05:12 AM

3/4 of the extra coins have been returned? That's the first time I've been impressed by the honesty and integrity of this crowd! Wink

Dishonesty and corruption make much more noise and "news" than honesty and integrity, despite being minoritary.
mc_lovin
Legendary

Activity: 1190

www.bitcointrading.com

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2012, 08:17:34 AM

Oh man, professionalism at it's best.
muyuu
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 980

View Profile
October 24, 2012, 08:52:56 AM

Still no information at all on my assets at GLBSE.

GPG ID: 7294199D - OTC ID: muyuu (470F97EB7294199D)
forum tea fund BTC 1Epv7KHbNjYzqYVhTCgXWYhGSkv7BuKGEU DOGE DF1eTJ2vsxjHpmmbKu9jpqsrg5uyQLWksM CAP F1MzvmmHwP2UhFq82NQT7qDU9NQ8oQbtkQ
repentance

View Profile
October 24, 2012, 09:02:10 AM

Still no information at all on my assets at GLBSE.

The information wants to be freeeeee.

senor_coconut

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

a big question mark

View Profile
October 24, 2012, 02:40:58 PM

You won't be suprised if I say I don't believe it unless some proof is released, will you?

Especially when I got the confirmation email but not a single cent of BTC... and still have most of the pie stuck in assets.

Be realistic. There is no fucking way anyone can be positive about this.

And another great point is Nef playing the blackmail card once more...
at first, "no BTC sent till shareholders give back what they owe" blah blah...
now, "no assets till users return the btc sent by occasion of my Nth clusterfuck"

for your and my amusement, what would be a good term in Newspeak to describe Nef?
Garr255
Legendary

What's a GPU?

View Profile
October 24, 2012, 02:56:00 PM

Yup, he's definitely living updown to his name. (acting quite nefariously)

“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”  -- Mahatma Gandhi

Average time between signing on to bitcointalk: Two weeks. Please don't expect responses any faster than that!
HorseRider
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 24, 2012, 04:28:21 PM

Nefario, give our asset and bitcoin back.

16SvwJtQET7mkHZFFbJpgPaDA1Pxtmbm5P
ShireSilver

Activity: 382
Merit: 253

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2012, 05:04:09 PM

I hope he's not going to wait for 100% of it to be returned. I noticed someone saying they only returned the overpayment after reducing it by the 10% they were still owed so he wouldn't get all of the second pay run back just because of that. Plus there might be some wallets that aren't "live" anymore, so any overpayment sent to those is unlikely to get returned as well.

Shire Silver, a better bullion that fits in your wallet. Get some, now accepting bitcoin!
greyhawk

Merit: 1009

View Profile
October 24, 2012, 06:19:22 PM

Nefario, give our asset and bitcoin back.

Intersango don't work that way.
EuroTrash

Activity: 728

View Profile
October 24, 2012, 08:17:56 PM

I just checked and I got double payment. Less than a bitcoin anyway.

But Nefario keeps all of the assets I bought hostage for an unlimited time, which is a month and half worth of my salary, with puerile excuses.
His actions have caused those assets to lose most if not all of their value anyway, due to imposed lack of liquidity.

So I have a hard time in choosing to return that less-than-a-bitcoin amount back to him. It feels like I'm going to be had again, and taken the piss of at the same time.

"Never invest in bitcoin anything that you can't afford to lose" they say in this forum - and yeah I could afford to lose that month-and-a-half worth of salary, fine, I'm wealthy enough.
But again I could have rather invested it in nice holidays, or even just left it sitting there in my wallet. Instead it's gone - because of him.

We know his real name. What I can say for sure is that I'll remember it for decades and, if I ever see it associated to any business of any kind, I'll make sure everyone of his clients and partners is well informed of what he did.

<=== INSERT SMART SIGNATURE HERE ===>
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2012, 11:20:34 PM

Eurotrash... so keeping less than a bitcoin is it worth for you to know that nef will block the assetinfos for? I mean im pretty sure he wont give them out when it means he has to pay something out of his own pocket. So in your shoes i would invest this less than a bitcoin into raising the chance to get my assetinfos back. Only saying.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
Pages: « 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 »
  Print  

Jump to: