Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:00:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Nefario  (Read 198627 times)
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 24, 2012, 11:31:07 PM

There is no legitimate, lawful reason for Nefario to make the provision of user information to asset-issuers contingent upon the return of all over payments.  None.  According to other shareholders, BG has a small amount of BTC reserves of its own.  Those reserves should be used to top-up any short-fall in returned funds and after that if there's still a short-fall then Nefario should be buying the required BTC with his credit card.

It's pretty obvious that Nefario doesn't want GLBSE's own funds used to top-up any short-fall because he still wants to be paid for last month's work from those funds.

At this point, I hope there's a UK asset issuer who's willing to take legal proceedings to compel him to hand over their user list.  The onus would be on Nefario to provide a good reason for not doing so and any judge would laugh at him if he pulled the "waiting for overpayments to be returned" bullshit.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Benatar

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 25, 2012, 01:48:29 AM

As it was organized, it was an illegal securities trading market.

Oh and even if we cared what some gang of thugs thought about his company, I fail to see how his company could have possibly fit the definition of a securities trading market when there was no money ever involved in what this company did.

I mean unless bitcoins somehow recently became money legally speaking, I don't know what the fuck you are taking about.

I know this is back a couple pages but bitcoins not being currency doesn't matter because they still have been given value by the users.
matauc12

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 25, 2012, 03:06:47 AM

There is no legitimate, lawful reason for Nefario to make the provision of user information to asset-issuers contingent upon the return of all over payments.  None.  According to other shareholders, BG has a small amount of BTC reserves of its own.  Those reserves should be used to top-up any short-fall in returned funds and after that if there's still a short-fall then Nefario should be buying the required BTC with his credit card.

It's pretty obvious that Nefario doesn't want GLBSE's own funds used to top-up any short-fall because he still wants to be paid for last month's work from those funds.

At this point, I hope there's a UK asset issuer who's willing to take legal proceedings to compel him to hand over their user list.  The onus would be on Nefario to provide a good reason for not doing so and any judge would laugh at him if he pulled the "waiting for overpayments to be returned" bullshit.
in general there is not many laws that dictate how an illegal should be ran....

And no matter where he takes the money from of means less money in his pockets so its all the same.

What's more greedy after all, feeding of an error or trying to make so people get they are owed from the funds for that purpose?
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
October 25, 2012, 03:40:57 AM

Did any of the shareholders actually phone the lawyer Nefario claimed is advising him?

Yes, actually. No reply so far.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
caveden
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 25, 2012, 06:08:53 AM

I mean im pretty sure he wont give them out when it means he has to pay something out of his own pocket.

He can't afford the risk of being sued.
And btw, it seems you fell quite easily to his ridiculous and outrageous blackmail. Have some self-respect!

At this point, I hope there's a UK asset issuer who's willing to take legal proceedings to compel him to hand over their user list. 

But, wasn't it you who said that asset issuers are already breaking the law for the simple fact of issuing stocks in an exchange which is not friend of the king?
Sorry if I'm mistaken but in my memory you had said that.
If asset issuers are also breaking the law, it wouldn't be wise of them to sue Nefario.
caveden
Legendary

View Profile
October 25, 2012, 06:13:46 AM

A bit off-topic, but this attempt of blackmail from Nefario following his own mistake reminds me of that story about the bank who cashed-in an obviously false check: http://www.ft.com/intl/cms/s/2/93a47a62-daf0-11e1-8074-00144feab49a.html#axzz2AHzRhGU0

Nefario behaved the same way the bank did. Instead of acknowledging the error and politely asking for people's kindness, he just threatened them right away.
senor_coconut

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

a big question mark

View Profile
October 25, 2012, 08:26:11 AM

And no matter where he takes the money from of means less money in his pockets so its all the same.

What's more greedy after all, feeding of an error or trying to make so people get they are owed from the funds for that purpose?

Dude, wake up and smell the coffee:
There are general laws abiding by moral values.

Mr. James McCarthy has the moral obligation to return whatever is left after his fucked up decision to close shop - doesn't matter whether the shop is illegal or not.
Remember "poor" James was making a buck on this, he's not a philantropic ONG, he's responsible and by not stanidng up to his responsibilities he's been labelled as scum a scammer.

Greed is not the question here. I invested on legit mining businesses, not on a fucking 6% a week pyrascam. Everyone has the right to have their share back and Nef has to provide. If someone in the UK takes the step, will be chipping in to make sure he is fucked over legally even if I don't get shit back. Just for the moral principle.
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2012, 11:45:28 AM

I mean im pretty sure he wont give them out when it means he has to pay something out of his own pocket.

He can't afford the risk of being sued.
And btw, it seems you fell quite easily to his ridiculous and outrageous blackmail. Have some self-respect!

So you mean its wiser to keep something under a bitcoin when you know that nef then wont return any shares info? When i read what you wrote you maybe think. Because it looks like you already gave up. You think he wont give out the asset infos because he has to fear something. But what does he has to fear when he gives out that info? Can you explain? I mean when it would be the sec or something you think they will rely on data that is sent out to issuers and shareholders? No, they would go directly to him and get the database. Thats it. That didnt happen.
Sorry but i think youre giving up too easily.

And regarding the blackmail... are you really saying its better to block and insist on the own right when you know nothing is moving then? You never had to make compromises dont you? Its a simple thing of investment and return. If nothing is done nothing is gained for sure. If a little bit is done the chance is rising that a bigger return comes into. But ok... you already think its all over so it wont match for you.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
caveden
Legendary

View Profile
October 25, 2012, 12:14:43 PM

Sorry but i think youre giving up too easily.

I don't have anything in GLBSE to give up for.

And regarding the blackmail... are you really saying its better to block and insist on the own right when you know nothing is moving then?

Yes, you should not be afraid of his ridiculous blackmail. And you're wrong about "nothing moving". He'll have to release the data sooner or later.

You never had to make compromises dont you? ,,, If nothing is done nothing is gained for sure.

Instead of doing nothing, maybe it's you (and others) who should be threatening him instead of letting his ridiculous threats frighten you to the point of talking about "compromising" already? You shouldn't be compromising anything. He owes you, period.
atengzt

Activity: 27

View Profile
October 25, 2012, 12:25:44 PM

still got nothing, no email, no bitcoin.
Bitinvestor

Activity: 470
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 25, 2012, 12:57:44 PM

Check your spam folder, that's where my e-mail ended up.

Those who cause problems for others also cause problems for themselves.
senor_coconut

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

a big question mark

View Profile
October 25, 2012, 01:32:54 PM

maybe my BTC is there too?  Grin
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2012, 02:22:26 PM

Instead of doing nothing, maybe it's you (and others) who should be threatening him instead of letting his ridiculous threats frighten you to the point of talking about "compromising" already? You shouldn't be compromising anything. He owes you, period.

Threatening? Didnt you get the mood in this thread? Nefario feels high pressure im sure. Im not sure how you will threat him. To sue him? About bitcoins? Or some data in an illegal stock exchange? Im sure nefario fears that he will be sued. But im not sure how successful such thing will run at court.
Plus what should it bring to tell him that you sue him when he already knows that the customers wont let it lie like this. You cant make more pressure than now. Except you mean violence, but i dont think that you had this in mind.
And if you mean threatening nef to not give back the double payment... what should he care about? Its not his money, its usermoney. So that wouldnt make pressure on him too.

freeAgent

Activity: 240
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 25, 2012, 02:48:36 PM

We're about three weeks post-shutdown and Nefario still has not returned assets to their owners along with all the bitcoin balances that he fucked up.  He has also ceased all communication with his customers, the community, and shareholders.  I'm not sure how he could think what he's doing puts him in a good legal position, as that's what he claims he was primarily concerned about with keeping GLBSE open.
matauc12

Activity: 658

View Profile
October 25, 2012, 11:19:25 PM

Dude, wake up and smell the coffee:
There are general laws abiding by moral values.

Mr. James McCarthy has the moral obligation to return whatever is left after his fucked up decision to close shop - doesn't matter whether the shop is illegal or not.
Remember "poor" James was making a buck on this, he's not a philantropic ONG, he's responsible and by not stanidng up to his responsibilities he's been labelled as scum a scammer.

Greed is not the question here. I invested on legit mining businesses, not on a fucking 6% a week pyrascam. Everyone has the right to have their share back and Nef has to provide. If someone in the UK takes the step, will be chipping in to make sure he is fucked over legally even if I don't get shit back. Just for the moral principle.
my post was saying just that. Stop talking about laws within an illegitimate business. What people refer to "illegal" in most cases are applied to legitimate businesses. At this point we talk about moral values. And if you wanna talk about illegal, talk about the fact of opening that business... which honestly, no one really minded when it was profiting them and they had nefario as their scapegoat
atengzt

Activity: 27

View Profile
October 26, 2012, 04:17:52 AM

no email in my spam folder
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2012, 07:50:50 PM

Next day is gone... nothing happened... nefario... what are you doing at the moment???

deeplink

Activity: 728

In cryptography we trust

View Profile
October 27, 2012, 07:54:47 PM

Next day is gone... nothing happened... nefario... what are you doing at the moment???

More stalling, denying responsibility and ignoring customers:

UPDATE: Currently recovering bitcoin payments made in error, account closing has been halted until most of this has been recovered

Source: http://glbse.com

What a lowlife.
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2012, 08:30:22 PM

Cool... i dont get angry... no... i DONT GET ANGRY... ... ... *cough*... im silent... silent... 10... 9...

Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
October 27, 2012, 08:44:09 PM

Zhou Tong, Pirate, Nefario... Why someone expects they r interested in replying on this forum?
Pages: « 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 [65] 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 »
  Print  

Jump to: