Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 10:18:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Nefario  (Read 198625 times)
deeplink

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

In cryptography we trust

View Profile
October 30, 2012, 07:06:54 PM

bitcoinpromoter

Dont you think? As far as i read he often spoke at trade fairs and other places and promoted bitcoin. Of course in his own interest and in his job as ceo of glbse but it looks like he was one of the more known promoter of the bitcoin-idea. So in my opinion it would be a bit strange if this would be the best scam he could think of. That would only make sense if he is in a strange situation like depression, wife ran, taking drugs or similar. But till now i only know that he gets massive pressure from community, not more. If there is more let me know.

Whatever Nefario did in the past does not make up for the damage he has caused. He and the other GLBSE partners have had at least 4 weeks to do something or show good faith. I know of one partner who has at least publicly made his excuses and that's it. None of them have done enough or taken any responsibility upon themselves to solve this. They are silently hiding and hoping this will blow over. Really mature and responsible. Stop defending the perpetrators for their actions. This case is as black and white as it can get.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2012, 07:20:50 PM

Kick into them or shut the fuck up? Really... you know how to solve problems.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
matauc12

Activity: 658

View Profile
October 30, 2012, 07:22:05 PM

bitcoinpromoter

Dont you think? As far as i read he often spoke at trade fairs and other places and promoted bitcoin. Of course in his own interest and in his job as ceo of glbse but it looks like he was one of the more known promoter of the bitcoin-idea. So in my opinion it would be a bit strange if this would be the best scam he could think of. That would only make sense if he is in a strange situation like depression, wife ran, taking drugs or similar. But till now i only know that he gets massive pressure from community, not more. If there is more let me know.

Whatever Nefario did in the past does not make up for the damage he has caused. He and the other GLBSE partners have had at least 4 weeks to do something or show good faith. I know of one partner who has at least publicly made his excuses and that's it. None of them have done enough or taken any responsibility upon themselves to solve this. They are silently hiding and hoping this will blow over. Really mature and responsible. Stop defending the perpetrators for their actions. This case is as black and white as it can get.
How can take your "black and white" assumption for fact when you dismiss a post you quote with totally out-of-context answer?

He never even remotely implied he should get less heat because of his past involvement and that's what you focus on dismissing?

You just prove how rational the haters thinking is.
deeplink

In cryptography we trust

View Profile
October 30, 2012, 07:34:27 PM

bitcoinpromoter

How can take your "black and white" assumption for fact when you dismiss a post you quote with totally out-of-context answer?

He never even remotely implied he should get less heat because of his past involvement and that's what you focus on dismissing?

You just prove how rational the haters thinking is.

I don't follow you. Yes I hate how this situation is being handled. You call me a hater because I feel people should be moral and responsible.

@CornedBeefHash, I know, especially with Nefario as the scapegoat everyone else should get out without even a scratch.
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2012, 07:48:06 PM

I would like to hear what theymos and the other shareholders think at the moment. I mean are they still confident that nefario is handling everything or did the opinion change. And if so and they say yes to backup the database just in case (they should be able to do so) can they still do this or did nefario block them out in the meanwhile. I mean nefario could get the double payment back even when he gave out asset info. Or he could keep only the assetinfos of the persons that dont want to give back double payment.

I really would feel better when the database would be shared with the other shareholders of glbse. Why not give coldhardmetal the database the same way he handled the paper wallet? It looks like all, including nefario, are trusting him. But i think only shareholders can bring this up because nefario isnt listening to others.

repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 30, 2012, 07:58:25 PM

But i think only shareholders can bring this up because nefario isnt listening to others.

The shareholders have said several times in this thread that nefario isn't communicating with them.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
Bitcoin Oz

Activity: 686

Wat

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2012, 08:17:20 PM

bitcoinpromoter

Its hard to do anything when the majority support nefario's actions and think his shit doesnt smell.

Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
October 30, 2012, 08:19:09 PM

I would like to hear what theymos and the other shareholders think at the moment. I mean are they still confident that nefario is handling everything or did the opinion change. And if so and they say yes to backup the database just in case (they should be able to do so) can they still do this or did nefario block them out in the meanwhile. I mean nefario could get the double payment back even when he gave out asset info. Or he could keep only the assetinfos of the persons that dont want to give back double payment.

I really would feel better when the database would be shared with the other shareholders of glbse. Why not give coldhardmetal the database the same way he handled the paper wallet? It looks like all, including nefario, are trusting him. But i think only shareholders can bring this up because nefario isnt listening to others.
wat?

Theymos started a thread accusing Nef of being a scammer very soon after he shut down GLBSE (eta: this very thread, as it happens), and Nef's refusing to accept anything the shareholders want - refusing to step down as CEO, while also refusing to allow GLBSE to operate. http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=DRt78Vne
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2012, 08:27:09 PM

Its hard to do anything when the majority support nefario's actions and think his shit doesnt smell.

Is it really still the case? I mean after 4 weeks the mood didnt change? Even though nefario doesnt speak with the shareholders anymore?

If there is the chance that the support for nefario is dwindling, why the remaining shareholders arent sitting together and try to convince the 4 or 5 shareholders, that are necessary to get the database login, and check if a backup is still possible. I speak about this security measure that was taken in case nefario dies or isnt available for other reasons. Its likely that nefario did block this already but trying it and having a slight chance is better than doing nothing. So theymos or bitcoin.me could you try this? I think the others are way lighter to convince now. And i doubt that nefario has to be part of the meeting when he dont want to. If he comes the better, then he can answer some questions.

@Kluge

Nefario didnt hear what the others say, thats right, so the shareholders cant do much. I only say they should try to follow the backupplan which was built in case nefario dies and to get access to the database. It probably wont work but i think trying it is better than doing nothing.

theymos (OP)
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5166
Merit: 12865

View Profile
October 30, 2012, 08:41:33 PM

I would like to hear what theymos and the other shareholders think at the moment. I mean are they still confident that nefario is handling everything or did the opinion change.

When did I ever say I was confident? Nefario is clearly incompetent and untrustworthy. I'll be surprised if he doesn't screw this up even more.

There's nothing the shareholders could possibly do. Even if we wanted to independently pay GLBSE users, we don't have the user database. Nefario refuses to give it to us. BitcoinGlobal is not a legally-incorporated company, so I don't think the shareholders could sue Nefario (and we lack the funds to do so in any case).

I seriously doubt that the database backup plan would still work. And we'd need the support of da2ce7 or genjix to even attempt it. They have parts of the shared secret. da2ce7 explicitly refused to use his part of the secret, and I think it's unlikely that genjix would, so I didn't ask him.

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2012, 09:00:01 PM

I would like to hear what theymos and the other shareholders think at the moment. I mean are they still confident that nefario is handling everything or did the opinion change.

When did I ever say I was confident? Nefario is clearly incompetent and untrustworthy. I'll be surprised if he doesn't screw this up even more.

There's nothing the shareholders could possibly do. Even if we wanted to independently pay GLBSE users, we don't have the user database. Nefario refuses to give it to us. BitcoinGlobal is not a legally-incorporated company, so I don't think the shareholders could sue Nefario (and we lack the funds to do so in any case).

I seriously doubt that the database backup plan would still work. And we'd need the support of da2ce7 or genjix to even attempt it. They have parts of the shared secret. da2ce7 explicitly refused to use his part of the secret, and I think it's unlikely that genjix would, so I didn't ask him.

Thanks for clarification (and the extrainfo... Smiley). And i didnt think that you trust nefario. *g* I only meant the shareholders that are standing by him and his actions.

Too bad that they even now, when nefario stopped communicating, wont consider to try a backup at least even though it most probably wont work.

deeplink

In cryptography we trust

View Profile
October 30, 2012, 10:04:39 PM

If there is the chance that the support for nefario is dwindling, why the remaining shareholders arent sitting together and try to convince the 4 or 5 shareholders, that are necessary to get the database login, and check if a backup is still possible. I speak about this security measure that was taken in case nefario dies or isnt available for other reasons. Its likely that nefario did block this already but trying it and having a slight chance is better than doing nothing. So theymos or bitcoin.me could you try this? I think the others are way lighter to convince now. And i doubt that nefario has to be part of the meeting when he dont want to. If he comes the better, then he can answer some questions.

I have been wondering from the start why the other shareholders/partners don't organize themselves and vote on a new motion to get Nefario out. I don't buy it that they cannot get a majority at this point. As the first motion has failed (but normally Nefario himself shouldn't have been allowed to vote on his own removal, so I don't know for sure but even that motion might have passed) a new motion should at this point be able to pass.

There is nothing you could do? => See above.
You think you couldn't sue? => So did anyone of you actually talk to someone who knows for sure?
You think genjix would refuse? => So again nobody even talked to our friend from Bitcoinica/Intersango about this? (and if he refused, even after a motion, wouldn't he at least finally get that scammer tag on this forum, which IMO is also long overdue for the whole Bitcoinica/Intersango team)
He doesn't listen to us => Other people have obviously been able to reach him and talk to him in the past weeks, so why didn't you?

Sorry theymos and bitcoin.me. It doesn't sound very convincing to me. You are showing a lot more balls then other GLBSE partners, but it still isn't good enough. The overall impression is that you care, but just not too much to get out of your comfort zone. I know you lost money, but so did your customers and it is still your (moral) obligation to help and inform them as best as you can.

So many questions have not been addressed yet. It would show good faith and you would actually be doing something to regain respect if one of you got off their butt and started leading this thing and try to push it forward. Or appoint someone neutral and trustworthy to do this for you. Take matters in your own hands and pursue every possible angle to solve this for your previous customers. If you did this the speculating and fighting with each could maybe stop. If in the end all fails, then maybe you could start to argue that you did all you could.
Justin00
Legendary

Activity: 910

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
October 30, 2012, 10:19:55 PM

I thought genjix had to eat catfood + bits of newspaper cause he was so poor ?

kinda seems like all these conflict of interests between certain people is the reason why some of you have been scammed.. multiple times now..

repentance

View Profile
October 30, 2012, 10:39:30 PM

I have been wondering from the start why the other shareholders/partners don't organize themselves and vote on a new motion to get Nefario out. I don't buy it that they cannot get a majority at this point. As the first motion has failed (but normally Nefario himself shouldn't have been allowed to vote on his own removal, so I don't know for sure but even that motion might have passed) a new motion should at this point be able to pass.

nefario indicated at the last meeting that he'd ignore any vote to remove him as CEO and I doubt that his attitude towards that has changed.  From what the shareholders have posted, they literally have no more information than users do about anything James is doing or planning.

While it might be technically possible to get an emergency order compelling nefario to give other shareholders access to the database and to release the user information to asset issuers, that's only really practical if an order is sought by someone in the UK.  You'd basically need a UK-based shareholder to consult a UK lawyer and find out whether it's even a viable course of action and especially whether it would complicate things even further (what's the likelihood, for instance, that a court would order that the whole process be overseen by an accountant?).

There should be shareholder meetings to monitor the repayment process being held at least weekly but it's pretty apparent that James considers the other shareholders irrelevant these days and has no intention of consulting them or keeping them informed of what it going on.  I doubt that you'd even be able to get all the shareholders to "attend" a shareholder meeting at this point, let alone get nefario to agree to abide by the decisions of that meeting.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2012, 12:21:13 AM

I think asking these both shareholders should be tried. I sent them a pm but of course i wont have much influence. Anyway... even though these 2 shareholders would try to recover the database password its unlikely it still works. Many ifs... but at least worth a try.

If it doesnt work... the shareholders can do exactly zero in my opinion. They dont have access to the data or database nor the user-bitcoins. And nefario isnt speaking with them. They are completely out, except the small chance of secret key.

stochastic

Activity: 532

View Profile
October 31, 2012, 03:43:37 AM

So now another GLBSE partner has been disclosed?

1. Nefario
2. ColdHardFusion
3. theymos
4. bitcoin.me
5. da2ce7
6. genjix
7. ?
8. ?

Introducing constraints to the economy only serves to limit what can be economical.
repentance

View Profile
October 31, 2012, 04:13:13 AM

1. Nefario
2. ColdHardFusion
3. theymos
4. bitcoin.me
5. da2ce7
6. genjix
7. ?
8. ?

chrisrico

bitdragon

jasinlee

Activity: 742

Its as easy as 0, 1, 1, 2, 3

View Profile
October 31, 2012, 04:17:40 AM

BTC 1JASiNZxmAN1WBS4dmGEDoPpzN3GV7dnjX DVC 1CxxZzqcy7YEVXfCn5KvgRxjeWvPpniK3                     Earn Devcoins Devtome.com
Bitcoin Oz

Wat

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2012, 04:46:27 AM

I thought genjix had to eat catfood + bits of newspaper cause he was so poor ?

kinda seems like all these conflict of interests between certain people is the reason why some of you have been scammed.. multiple times now..

Wikipedia says he is  a professional poker player. Whatever that means.

GLBSE was Nefarios only source of income so now that its closed wtf do people think he's living off ?

Bitcoin Oz

Wat

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2012, 04:48:03 AM

1. Nefario
2. ColdHardFusion
3. theymos
4. bitcoin.me
5. da2ce7
6. genjix
7. ?
8. ?

chrisrico

bitdragon

Thats not all of them....

Pages: « 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 »
  Print  

Jump to: