Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 01:22:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BITMAIN launches 4th generation Bitcoin mining ASIC: BM1385  (Read 39255 times)
chitolsp

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 06:54:25 PM

In my country you could sell those for 850$ easily right now.

Hey my homie chiming in!!!

Yeah, even S3 are productive here on our country!

hahaha, you mean even S2 are productive here!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Dexter770221
Legendary

Activity: 1029
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 07:12:21 PM

0,216*1.0638 (ideal string design + platinum PSU at peak 94% efficiency) = 0.23
This 230W at wall is to idealistic. Real world numbers will be 250-260W/TH.

Under development Modular UPGRADEABLE Miner (MUM). Looking for investors.
Changing one PCB with screwdriver and you have brand new miner in hand... Plug&Play, scalable from one module to thousands.
sidehack
Legendary

Activity: 3304
Merit: 1842

Curmudgeonly hardware guy

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 07:20:10 PM

My expectation is an S1-formfactor machine pulling 2.3TH and about 590W wall, based on their numbers and a few assumptions about their numbers.

Cool, quiet and up to 1TH pod miner, on sale now!
Currently in development - 200+GH USB stick; 6TH volt-adjustable S1/3/5 upgrade kit
Server PSU interface boards and cables. USB and small-scale miners. Hardware hosting, advice and odd-jobs. Supporting the home miner community since 2013 - http://www.gekkoscience.com
alh
Legendary

Activity: 1843
Merit: 1050

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 07:24:08 PM

My expectation is an S1-formfactor machine pulling 2.3TH and about 590W wall, based on their numbers and a few assumptions about their numbers.

So in short, a "double speed" S5, with everything else more or less constant?

I guess I should exclude price from the constant part as well.  Smiley
sidehack
Legendary

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 07:46:01 PM

Yeah that does work out to right at twice an S5. Huh. That's figuring a 2x18 string (to get about 670mV nodes) for 36 chips per board; if 32.5GH and 0.216W/GH all happen at that point we get 1170GH and 253W per blade. So we're looking at 2340GH and 506W board-level; add about 25W for fan and controller, divide by 0.9 for a typical PSU and you're looking at 590W

They might do something different, or the one performance datapoint we have might be cobbled from different setpoints. Like I said, it's a guess based on several assumptions. I'm looking forward to seeing more info, like one of those chip-level performance charts they posted at the start of the S5 thread.

Currently in development - 200+GH USB stick; 6TH volt-adjustable S1/3/5 upgrade kit
Server PSU interface boards and cables. USB and small-scale miners. Hardware hosting, advice and odd-jobs. Supporting the home miner community since 2013 - http://www.gekkoscience.com
BTC_ISTANBUL

Activity: 331
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 07:50:14 PM

The news are great.When will the S7 be on market?
crazyearner
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 08:02:36 PM

This is sure going to be ome insane diff spikes in the coming months ahead with the new 7TH miners coming out will be a tough call to produce some RIO on equipment. Bye bye the old days of having 60GH and then 200GH to make 1 BTC a day. To make  BTC a day now you need aprox 110TH compared to 2013 and 2014 is a massive spike to push the home user to generate anywhere near that you need own co-location for that sort amount of power. Would need at least 15 of the new 7TH units without any diff jumps to be in with a chance. With 7TH now your able to maybe brake 2BTC a month or just under with diff changes every few weeks. Wonder what the price in BTC is going to be for the units and with the current price of BTC is going to also be interesting too.

=
  R E B E L L I O U S 
  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄                           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▀        █▄▄                     ▄▄█        ▀▄
█            █████████████████████            █
█▄          ██       ██ ██       ██          ▄█
█        █            █            █        █
  █    █               █               █    █
   █ ██               █ █               ██ █
    █ █               █ █               █ █
    █ ███▄  █████▄   ██ ██   ▄█████  ▄███ █
    █     ███     █         █     ███     █
     █   █   ▀███ █  █   █  █ ███▀   █   █
     █   █      █ █  █   █  █ █      █   █
     █   █      ██  █     █  ██      █   █
      █  █     ██  █       █  ██     █  █
      █  █    ██  █ ███████ █  ██    █  █
      █ ███   ██  █         █  ██   ███ █
       █   ▀███      █   █      ███▀   █
        █     ██       █       ██     █
         █      █   ▄▄███▄▄   █      █
          ███   ███▀       ▀███   ███
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  R E B E L L I O U S
crazyearner
Legendary

Activity: 1820

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 09:04:58 PM

This is sure going to be ome insane diff spikes in the coming months ahead with the new 7TH miners coming out will be a tough call to produce some RIO on equipment. Bye bye the old days of having 60GH and then 200GH to make 1 BTC a day. To make  BTC a day now you need aprox 110TH compared to 2013 and 2014 is a massive spike to push the home user to generate anywhere near that you need own co-location for that sort amount of power. Would need at least 15 of the new 7TH units without any diff jumps to be in with a chance. With 7TH now your able to maybe brake 2BTC a month or just under with diff changes every few weeks. Wonder what the price in BTC is going to be for the units and with the current price of BTC is going to also be interesting too.
There weren't as many people mining back then as there are now, miners fly off the shelves, new users are mining every day and there is still only 25 coins a block to go around.

Might be more miners but more corporate company's dominate in buying up everything and making us home miners get nothing in return like good old days. They was many miners around then as their is today just more people mine on different coins now. Even with more hash coming out per unit and being a good price will indeed attract more people to the mining filed without first adding up all the facts first.

Anyway mining is done for unless your in the race and have enough to make good or theirs no point buying a few units as will never pay off. Best investment now days is, buying coin, holding them and riding the waves, than to put into equipment that is going to be a paper weight in a few months time, even if it brakes even the cost is shocking at almost 10BTC for 1 7.7TH unit kicking 3436W of energy per unit. RIO will take to break even: 273.83 Day(s) and that is based of current market price and if it was to go up in price no doubt the RIO time will come down but still too much risk for little return. If market was close to $300 a bitcoin then you would look to 189 days for RIO but that has got some serious work to get it back anywhere near what it was.

=
  R E B E L L I O U S 
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  R E B E L L I O U S
amelen

Activity: 165
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 09:11:58 PM

There weren't as many people mining back then as there are now, miners fly off the shelves, new users are mining every day and there is still only 25 coins a block to go around.

Might be more miners but more corporate company's dominate in buying up everything and making us home miners get nothing in return like good old days. They was many miners around then as their is today just more people mine on different coins now. Even with more hash coming out per unit and being a good price will indeed attract more people to the mining filed without first adding up all the facts first.

Anyway mining is done for unless your in the race and have enough to make good or theirs no point buying a few units as will never pay off. Best investment now days is, buying coin, holding them and riding the waves, than to put into equipment that is going to be a paper weight in a few months time, even if it brakes even the cost is shocking at almost 10BTC for 1 7.7TH unit kicking 3436W of energy per unit. RIO will take to break even: 273.83 Day(s) and that is based of current market price and if it was to go up in price no doubt the RIO time will come down but still too much risk for little return. If market was close to $300 a bitcoin then you would look to 189 days for RIO but that has got some serious work to get it back anywhere near what it was.

The math makes sense - I think it's always been about that long to break-even, at least in recent months. Oh, and I think you mean ROI (return on investment), not RIO Smiley
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2015, 10:47:38 PM

230W is at the wall, it includes PSU and any other inefficiencies. They've not been wrong on the previous 3 generations so I'm not sure why they'd get it wrong now.

suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3640
Merit: 8908

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2015, 10:54:36 PM
Last edit: August 20, 2015, 12:06:44 AM by suchmoon

230W is at the wall, it includes PSU and any other inefficiencies. They've not been wrong on the previous 3 generations so I'm not sure why they'd get it wrong now.

What's the PSU efficiency assumed in the calculation? How far in advance before producing actual miners have they announced the previous 3 (perhaps you meant 2) generations of chips?

Nevermind, I'm too blind for Bitmain's fine print.

Bitmain had to backpedal on S3 specs and they issued a compensation for Batch 1 purchases - so that's 2 out of 3 as far as not being wrong.
edonkey
Legendary

Activity: 1150
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 10:55:19 PM

Oh, and I think you mean ROI (return on investment), not RIO Smiley

First comes ROI, then off to RIO Wink

Was I helpful?   BTC: 3G1Ubof5u8K9iJkM8We2f3amYZgGVdvpHr
TheRealSteve

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

FUN > ROI

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 11:46:24 PM

What's the PSU efficiency assumed in the calculation? How far in advance before producing actual miners have they announced the previous 3 (perhaps you meant 2) generations of chips?

See bottom-left corner of the first image: https://i.imgur.com/MJXUU3c.png

suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2015, 11:56:05 PM

See bottom-left corner of the first image: https://i.imgur.com/MJXUU3c.png

Dang it, that's the smallest of small prints  Grin
sidehack
Legendary

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 11:56:19 PM

I know the BM1380 was talked about before they started selling the S1, because everyone saw their numbers and thought it was a scam (comparing to ASICMiner's 10W/GH and such at the time). BM1384 were announced concurrently with the S5. Not sure about BM1382 and S3 announcements though.

chiguireitor
Legendary

Activity: 872
Merit: 1010

Coins, Games & Miners

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2015, 11:59:44 PM

Brazil or another resource rich country? I have heard that south america has some really cheap power but in those countries to using the miners for warming as it's warm there all year around right?

Look at my signature for a hint on what country are we talking about Wink

The S7 is going to be insanely popular right here...

suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2015, 12:00:06 AM

I know the BM1380 was talked about before they started selling the S1, because everyone saw their numbers and thought it was a scam (comparing to ASICMiner's 10W/GH and such at the time). BM1384 were announced concurrently with the S5. Not sure about BM1382 and S3 announcements though.

12 days:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=656461.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=656461.msg7597300#msg7597300
itop_james

Activity: 68
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2015, 12:08:22 AM

12 days:

that make sense ,will be glad to see the S7 in 12 days .
wlefever
Legendary

Activity: 1173

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 01:48:46 AM

12 days:

that make sense ,will be glad to see the S7 in 12 days .
Would be sweet! In hand by September aw yeahhh

valkir
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 02:44:20 AM

1 September will be a perfect day!  Grin

██     Please support sidehack with his new miner project Send to :

1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print