Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 08:46:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 0.11.0 wallet. Stupid Question where is my Address?  (Read 1023 times)
otrkid70 (OP)

Activity: 920
Merit: 1014

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 11:41:47 AM

I had to reinstall the core wallet 0.11.0 and looking for my BTC Address. I know it's a stupid Question but do i hit Request payment to get it? or is there a command for it?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
RustyNomad

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2015, 11:45:06 AM

Tried Google Maps... Grin

Joking, I don't use core but yes that sounds right. When you request payment it should show you an address and I believe that will change as you cycle through addresses.
otrkid70 (OP)

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 11:48:37 AM

Tried Google Maps... Grin

Joking, I don't use core but yes that sounds right. When you request payment it should show you an address and I believe that will change as you cycle through addresses.

Thanks i guess i'll just keep hitting that button until i see an Addy i like lol. might take a while.
RustyNomad

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2015, 11:54:41 AM

Does core not show a list of addresses?

Guess not otherwise you would not be asking. I'm sure there must be a way to see a list of addresses, just hang in there, somebody with more brains will be along soon.

I know In Electrum I can see the first 10 or 20 addresses as well as change addresses etc..
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 6115

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 11:56:18 AM

You can without requesting any payment actually .
Go to "File" on the menu => Receiving adresses and that's it , you should get the following and you can generate as many as you want .

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
cakir
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

★ BitClave ICO: 15/09/17 ★

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2015, 11:56:58 AM

It creates 1 address but not shows on the receive tab. You need to find this address on the menu: File-> Receiving addresses.

,'#██+:                 
              ,█████████████'             
            +██████████████████           
          ;██████████████████████         
         ███████:         .███████`       
        ██████               ;█████'      
      `█████                   #████#     
      ████+                     `████+    
     ████:                        ████,   
    ████:    .#              █     ████   
   ;███+     ██             ███     ████  
   ████     ███'            ███.    '███, 
  +███     #████           ,████     ████ 
  ████     █████ .+██████: █████+    `███.
 ,███     ███████████████████████     ████
 ████     ███████████████████████'    :███
 ███:    +████████████████████████     ███`
 ███     █████████████████████████`    ███+
,███     ██████████████████████████    #███
'███    '██████████████████████████    ;███
#███    ███████████████████████████    ,███
████    ███████████████████████████.   .███
████    ███████████████████████████'   .███
+███    ███████████████████████████+   :███
:███    ███████████████████████████'   +███
 ███    ███████████████████████████.   ███#
 ███.   #██████████████████████████    ███,
 ████    █████████████████████████+   `███
 '███    '████████████████████████    ████
  ███;    ███████████████████████     ███;
  ████     #████████████████████     ████ 
   ███#     .██████████████████     `███+ 
   ████`      ;██████████████       ████  
    ████         '███████#.        ████.  
    .████                         █████   
     '████                       █████    
      #████'                    █████     
       +█████`                ██████      
        ,██████:           `███████       
          ████████#;,..:+████████.        
           ,███████████████████+          
             .███████████████;            
                `+███████#,               
otrkid70 (OP)

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 12:00:56 PM

You can without requesting any payment actually .
Go to "File" on the menu => Receiving adresses and that's it , you should get the following and you can generate as many as you want .

Wow that was easy. Got it!  Thanks.
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4615

View Profile
August 19, 2015, 03:28:39 PM

Thanks i guess i'll just keep hitting that button until i see an Addy i like lol. might take a while.

Bitcoin Core isn't generally intended to have a single address.  It is designed with the idea that the user should generate a new address for every transaction.

Therefore ,whenever you need an address, you just hit the request payment and get a new address for that transaction.

The software takes care of keeping track of all your addresses for you and managing all the bitcoins you've received regardless of which address they arrived on.
otrkid70 (OP)

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 11:38:25 AM

Bitcoin Core isn't generally intended to have a single address.  It is designed with the idea that the user should generate a new address for every transaction.

Therefore ,whenever you need an address, you just hit the request payment and get a new address for that transaction.

The software takes care of keeping track of all your addresses for you and managing all the bitcoins you've received regardless of which address they arrived on.

thanks!   Is there any way to speed up the D/L of the Block chain? I've been D/l'ing it for the past 2 days and i still have 34 Weeks left.

It shows   Number of Connections : 8 (In: 0 / Out: Cool   but the blocks are coming at a crawl. Last wallet i d/l  I think was a bit faster.
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 6115

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 11:43:13 AM

thanks!   Is there any way to speed up the D/L of the Block chain? I've been D/l'ing it for the past 2 days and i still have 34 Weeks left.

It shows   Number of Connections : 8 (In: 0 / Out: Cool   but the blocks are coming at a crawl. Last wallet i d/l  I think was a bit faster.

Latest version which is 0.11.0 should have faster downloading for the blockchain , all you can do right now is to wait and see . there is no need to download the Bootstrap.dat file on torrent now since it's faster as far as I know . so just wait (hove mouse on the ProgressBar to see the blocks are moving or not )

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
otrkid70 (OP)

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 12:11:00 PM

Bitcoin Core isn't generally intended to have a single address.  It is designed with the idea that the user should generate a new address for every transaction.

thanks!   Is there any way to speed up the D/L of the Block chain? I've been D/l'ing it for the past 2 days and i still have 34 Weeks left.

It shows   Number of Connections : 8 (In: 0 / Out: Cool   but the blocks are coming at a crawl. Last wallet i d/l  I think was a bit faster.

Latest version which is 0.11.0 should have faster downloading for the blockchain , all you can do right now is to wait and see . there is no need to download the Bootstrap.dat file on torrent now since it's faster as far as I know . so just wait (hove mouse on the ProgressBar to see the blocks are moving or not )
They are moving but slooooooooow.  It will jump like 10 blocks then after 5 minutes maybe another 5-10 and so on.

I'm at 335489 block
Buziss

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 01:35:04 PM

They are moving but slooooooooow.  It will jump like 10 blocks then after 5 minutes maybe another 5-10 and so on.

I'm at 335489 block

One possibility is that the 8 nodes you connected to are all pretty slow. You may take a look at https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1035738.msg11183739#msg11183739 to see a list of fast nodes and add them to your .conf
The list is kind of old, so may be some of the nodes are no longer active now.

crairezx20
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046

View Profile
August 21, 2015, 03:21:15 PM

Before you send BTC from your bitcoin wallet you need to wait and finish sync with server because you willd not see your btc recieved anymore. just like mine.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: