Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 08:13:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What are the new rules for posting?  (Read 3406 times)
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2015, 02:45:09 AM

With the recent locking of the "Gold Collapsing. Bitcoin UP" thread [my favourite thread to chat in], I've become unsure what the rules are for posting here at this forum.   Cry Cry Cry

1.  Are we allowed to talk about my butthurt?

2.  Are we allowed to discuss my poutrage?

3.  Are we allowed to criticize the socioeconomic majority?

4.  Can I post silly cartoons to vent my poutrage and butthurt?

Altcoin Discussion is the proper place to discuss XT.  Theymos is very generous to make such an allowance on his private server.

If I were him, XT and Gavinistas would be given the Bitcoin-scrypt treatment (IE disappeared like pinkos in Pinochet's Chile).

The logic is simple enough:

Activating a hardfork based on what miners do is really bad. You could easily have a situation where 75% of miners support XT but none of the big Bitcoin exchanges or businesses do. Then miners would start mining coins that they couldn't spend anywhere useful, and SPV users would find that they can't transact with the businesses they want to deal with. The currency would be split, and in this case XT would be in a far weaker position than Bitcoin.

The possibility of this sort of network/currency split is what makes XT not a "legitimate hardfork", but rather the programmed creation of an altcoin. A consensus hardfork can only go forward once it has been determined that it's nearly impossible for the Bitcoin economy to split in any significant way. Not every Bitcoin user on Earth has to agree, but enough that there won't be a noticeable split.

No rules have been changed.  Only on /r/ was a temporary 'time-out' for the XT brigade enforced, after a period when they were out of control.

All theymos did was clarify that the *EXISTING* rule against altcoin posts in Bitcon subs applies to XT, because it contains code that attempts, without consensus and despite contention, to create an alternative consensus.  And that, by definition, is an altcoin.

Existing rules are enforced with a light hand.  That is a feature not a bug.  You don't get to complain in the same post about the rules not being enforced and being enforced.   Roll Eyes

Your already unseemly self-pity is becoming nauseating.  The sooner you Gavinistas are herded into /v/bitcoinxt to circlejerk yourselves the better.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2015, 02:38:51 PM

With the recent removal of the "Gold Collapsing. Bitcoin UP" thread [my favourite thread to chat in], I've become unsure what the rules are for posting here at this forum.  In particular:

1.  Are we allowed to talk about non Bitcoin Core implementations of the protocol?

2.  Are we allowed to discuss proposals that, if adopted by >50% of the hash power, would result in a hard fork?

3.  Are we allowed to criticize the moderators?

4.  Can I post /u/raisethelimit's lasted comic?  [lol it involves a CONSENS-A-TRONTM]
Just wondering, why was that thread removed?
Peter R (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1007

View Profile
August 22, 2015, 02:57:28 PM

With the recent removal of the "Gold Collapsing. Bitcoin UP" thread [my favourite thread to chat in], I've become unsure what the rules are for posting here at this forum.  In particular:

1.  Are we allowed to talk about non Bitcoin Core implementations of the protocol?

2.  Are we allowed to discuss proposals that, if adopted by >50% of the hash power, would result in a hard fork?

4.  Can I post /u/raisethelimit's lasted comic?  [lol it involves a CONSENS-A-TRONTM]
Just wondering, why was that thread removed?

The rationale given was that the thread was too broad in scope.

More on this here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1157185.msg12198527#msg12198527

Run Bitcoin Unlimited (www.bitcoinunlimited.info)
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2015, 03:12:26 PM

So because you disagreed with most of the views there that made it a troll fest.

Are you serious? You don't see how horrible that is.

And no it wasn't a troll fest. It was just people that disagreed with.

Unlock the thread, now.
No. I have not stated my stance towards the discussed there. My conclusion was pulled from reviewing the last few pages of the thread. The last few pages have literally everything in them, from ad hominem to censorship complains.
That is really not related to "Gold collapsing. Bitcoin UP." (speculation forum).

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
Peter R (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 22, 2015, 07:39:05 PM

So because you disagreed with most of the views there that made it a troll fest.

Are you serious? You don't see how horrible that is.

And no it wasn't a troll fest. It was just people that disagreed with.

Unlock the thread, now.
No. I have not stated my stance towards the discussed there. My conclusion was pulled from reviewing the last few pages of the thread. The last few pages have literally everything in them, from ad hominem to censorship complains.
That is really not related to "Gold collapsing. Bitcoin UP." (speculation forum).

Do you believe such a thread has a place on this forum? 

Do you agree with some of the Administration here at the Forum that threads that are too broad in scope should not be permitted?

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2015, 09:49:02 PM

Are you serious? You don't see how horrible that is.   Cry

it wasn't a troll fest. It was just people that disagreed with.  Cry

Unlock the thread, now.  Cry

Cry moar, crybaby!

As if we miss Frap.doc's content-and-humor-free insults and stock images of doggies.   Cheesy

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Peter R (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 24, 2015, 02:59:08 AM

With the recent locking of the "Gold Collapsing. Bitcoin UP" thread [my favourite thread to chat in], I've become unsure what the rules are for posting here at this forum.   Cry Cry Cry

1.  Are we allowed to talk about my butthurt?

2.  Are we allowed to discuss my poutrage?

3.  Are we allowed to criticize the socioeconomic majority?

4.  Can I post silly cartoons to vent my poutrage and butthurt?

Altcoin Discussion is the proper place to discuss XT.  Theymos is very generous to make such an allowance on his private server.

If I were him, XT and Gavinistas would be given the Bitcoin-scrypt treatment (IE disappeared like pinkos in Pinochet's Chile).

The logic is simple enough:

Activating a hardfork based on what miners do is really bad. You could easily have a situation where 75% of miners support XT but none of the big Bitcoin exchanges or businesses do. Then miners would start mining coins that they couldn't spend anywhere useful, and SPV users would find that they can't transact with the businesses they want to deal with. The currency would be split, and in this case XT would be in a far weaker position than Bitcoin.

The possibility of this sort of network/currency split is what makes XT not a "legitimate hardfork", but rather the programmed creation of an altcoin. A consensus hardfork can only go forward once it has been determined that it's nearly impossible for the Bitcoin economy to split in any significant way. Not every Bitcoin user on Earth has to agree, but enough that there won't be a noticeable split.

No rules have been changed.  Only on /r/ was a temporary 'time-out' for the XT brigade enforced, after a period when they were out of control.

All theymos did was clarify that the *EXISTING* rule against altcoin posts in Bitcon subs applies to XT, because it contains code that attempts, without consensus and despite contention, to create an alternative consensus.  And that, by definition, is an altcoin.

Existing rules are enforced with a light hand.  That is a feature not a bug.  You don't get to complain in the same post about the rules not being enforced and being enforced.   Roll Eyes

Your already unseemly self-pity is becoming nauseating.  The sooner you Gavinistas are herded into /v/bitcoinxt to circlejerk yourselves the better.

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2015, 05:25:10 AM

You mislabeled your graph.

"Bitcoin XT adoption" should be labeled "Bitcoin XT + NotXT + Pseudonode adoption."

Good luck observing RealXT's actual adoption with so many FakeXT nodes feeding you misinformation.

Also, the total FakeXT+RealXT adoption curve has flattened over the last week, as the public became better informed about XT's Tor Blacklist, IP reporting, potential catastrophic consensus failure, and Mike's "Final Call."

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Zarathustra
Legendary

Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 24, 2015, 10:30:07 AM

You mislabeled your graph.

"Bitcoin XT adoption" should be labeled "Bitcoin XT + NotXT + Pseudonode adoption."

Good luck observing RealXT's actual adoption with so many FakeXT nodes feeding you misinformation.

Also, the total FakeXT+RealXT adoption curve has flattened over the last week, as the public became better informed about XT's Tor Blacklist, IP reporting, potential catastrophic consensus failure, and Mike's "Final Call."

Core 0.11.0 has flattened moar and before. Perhaps because they are implementing customized core + BIP101.

About your Blacklist FUD:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1156489.msg12221920#msg12221920
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2015, 12:00:15 AM

Core 0.11.0 has flattened moar and before. Perhaps because they are implementing customized core + BIP101.

LOL, there is zero chance of BIP101 being implemented in Core.

You are so gullible that you lived for weeks in a fantasy world where BIP101/XT are viable options with significant socioeconomic support.

How does it feel to see your precious illusions turn to ash in the light of reality?

Did you learn anything?   Smiley

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
hendra147

Activity: 644
Merit: 509

View Profile
September 05, 2015, 12:05:43 AM

No we can talk aboutnon Bitcoin Core, so many Thread about XT in last month
may be Yes
Yes
https://www.reddit.com/r/bitcoin_uncensored/comments/3h4naf/the_hypocrisy_of_a_thermos_bitcoin_political/
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: