FIGHT: Peter vs Gavin (and Mike)

(1/1)

keepdoing:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYWhShzzELg?t=40m40s
* at 40:40 an interaction between Gavin & Peter starts concerning what really is the crux of this entire issue: FEAR OF CENTRALIZATION & CONTROL BY THE CURRENT (or a new) FIAT CONTROLLED GOVERNMENT OR ENTITY

This is really what it is all about for me, and most people.  It's about Bitcoin being the "Gold Standard" of cryptocurrency so to speak - v. Bitcoin being something that can be manipulated by the powerful via Interest Rate Adjustments / "Printing of Bitcoin/Money out of thin air" similar to the current fiat system etc.   Or having Bitcoin being a FIXED CRYPTOCURRENCY ASSET like Gold - that everyone has to base things off of and cannot manipulate.

Unfortunately, the Powers That Be “SAY” they won't sign off on anything that they can't control, and it looks like Gavin & Mike have taken the side of allowing this potential Centralized Control to occur - but they are simply going to blindly trust that it won't happen.

On the flip side - Peter is truting that the Powers that be won't just say "Screw Bitcoin", we'll create our own adn control you anyway, and with even more power.

MY Hope is that some sort of compromise could be come to that allows SOME sort of centralization, but does protect against, as much as possible, the ability of Bitcoin to be manipulated, people's bitcoin to be "Frozen/Blacklisted" etc.

59:03 begins with a question from Peter back at Gavin, and I think Gavin's answer is very telling about one of his position's weakness's....  https://youtu.be/KYWhShzzELg?t=59m3s

Gavin pretty much clearly but indirectly argues that BITCOIN HAS THE POWER.  Bitcoin is widely entrenched already, and of course very far along on the key aspect of "Mass Acceptance".  As Gavin points out - various "Fed/Fiat Coins" being created across the world would be a much sloppier, painful, and less accepted standard - and very difficult to achieve.   There would be opposition, and as long as Bitcoin is around - the adoption of those "Fed/Fiat Coins" is going to be even further hindered.

So, BITCOIN HAS THE POWER AND THE POSITION.   And for those various Governments and Powers to Transition to a "Fed/Fiat Coin" system - the absolute easiest thing to do - is simply to hijaak Bitcoin itself.   Because one thing that those of us that actually are watching the global finance situation know - is that the Fed/Fiats Government and Corporates are running out of time.  Their whole system is about to blowup.   Think of it as they are on a jetliner that is almost out of fuel, nad their landing gear is completely broken, and there is NO way to land this plane except in an utter chaotic crash.  Their only hope is to build a new plane as fast as possible, and get it up in the air next to them, so that everyone can jump from one ship to the other.  And then the existing ship can finally crash and burn.  Another smaller aspect to this is the size of the replacement plane needs to be big enough to get all the existing passengers off.

BITCOIN is currently the only "Financial Plane/Coin" big enough, and far enough along in production to make it in time - because there is a very very finite, and quickly approaching timeframe in which the damaged Plane (current Fiat System) crashes.  VERY Soon.

And here is how I am going to end this.....
I am going to assume that Gavin/Mike are legitimate.  I'm not going to attack their motives.  I'm not going to say they are intentionally selling out. 

What I AM GOING TO DO..... is attack their ability as "negotiators", as being the best peope to make these decisions.  Because as I watch Mike's recent interviews, it is clear that he uncomfortably and angrily brushes off issues of centralization / blacklist etc.   And Gavin's arguments are hollow and a bit too obviously naive in my opinion.  I think they basically know the risks of what they are doing, but have hypnotized themselves to believe "with enough naive trust" that the powers they are dealing with are trustworthy, and aren't already taking the intentional steps necessary to take control of bitcoin, and will continualy small ste by small step evolve bitcoin via code and regulation into something eventually unrecognizable - and just another stick with which to beat and control the human economic condition into a world of their own vision. 

THEY HAVE THE MOST POWER IN THE NEGOTIATION - and they are throwing it away.  That is my point.  And I am not saying don't negotiate, and I am not saying don't slightly raise the block size.   But I do think that if cryptocurrencie are going to rule the world - perhaps there should be ONE GLOBAL CRYPTOCOIN "GOLD STANDARD".  Untouchable to manipulation.  Unprintable by whim.  An eternal safe haven and protection against Governmental and Corporate Control.

And in all honesty - this is THE battle happening, right now, as to what happens to that idealistic standard.

And the Fiat Plane is quickly going down.  The owners of the Bitcoin plane that can save them doesn't need to be too quick to let them onboard.  I am not saying to let the entire financial system crash - but what I am saying is .... "You built this ship.   There ship is going down because their pilots are idiots and created their own bad situation.  Why the heck would you let them on board AND GIVE THEM THE PILOT'S CHAIR???

I think the negotiation needs to be tougher.  Fight Harder – BUT also be reasonable.  You can’t let the Old Financial System beat you and hijaak your plane – but you also can’t blow up your own plane out of spite.  Find the middle – save the system, but keep control of the new plane.

My only note to Gavin/Mike is simply to consider what you are hearing.  I know what many of these big companies/powers are "saying" - and making it out as everything or nothing.  But ask yourself.... do they have a choice?  a truly viable alternative?  Don't be so quick to give the everything at once.

Navigation

[0] Message Index