Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 01:24:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How investing in bitcoin's blockchain benefits bitcoin in general ?  (Read 1399 times)
brg444

Activity: 644
Merit: 504

Bitcoin replaces central, not commercial, banks

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 11:06:24 PM

Thank you for watching the topic and keep on-track with me.

As you mentioned Gold and it's used as a store of wealth "agree with what you said about it", do you see Bitcoin as a store of wealth also ?

Can I say that investing in bitcoin's blockchain is investing in bitcoin but in "in-direct" way ? In other words, what benefits/harms bitcoin's blockchain also benefits/harms bitcoin itself ?

Bitcoin is a digital version and an improvement on gold on almost every aspects so yes Bitcoin is a store of wealth and arguably the best that's ever existed.

Investing in Bitcoin's blockchain is indeed an indirect investment in Bitcoin but also one that is a little more currency agnostic (it does not necessarily depends or is directly related to the success of Bitcoin).

I see you are confident about bitcoin and this makes me happy Smiley

In 5 years till a decade from now, where you see bitcoin in terms of technology and price ?

I cannot say for sure but just so as to entertain our little circlejerk let me suggest that 5 years from now ONE Bitcoin should be out of the reach of a good majority of people living on this planet.

Just remember there are only 21,000,000. Gotta catch em all  Wink

I understand that you don't want to give an accurate answer, we are just speculating.

Could we reach in a decade from now to 6 figures, what do you think ?

Regarding the 21M cap, I've two question

1. Can this cap be altered in any means ?
2. I know we are talking here about scarcity, but remember that the future is for micropayments along with Internet of Things and as you know, bitcoin is much divisble, so how will the scarcity help here when few satoshies for example could buy you something you need which costs few dollars for example

Yes I do think we could reach 6 figures within next decade.

1. Never. Ever. Ever
2. Scarcity is in reference to the 21M cap. The importance is that the value of everyone's holding will never be diluted like they are with fiat. It's not about the divisibility of a single Bitcoin. If each satoshis are worth too much for micro-transactions then we can adjust the system so that we can use sub-satoshis.

"I believe this will be the ultimate fate of Bitcoin, to be the "high-powered money" that serves as a reserve currency for banks that issue their own digital cash." Hal Finney, Dec. 2010

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Fakhoury (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1027

Permabull Bitcoin Investor

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 11:25:15 PM

I understand that you don't want to give an accurate answer, we are just speculating.

2. I know we are talking here about scarcity, but remember that the future is for micropayments along with Internet of Things and as you know, bitcoin is much divisble, so how will the scarcity help here when few satoshies for example could buy you something you need which costs few dollars for example

1. Never. Ever. Ever
2. Scarcity is in reference to the 21M cap. The importance is that the value of everyone's holding will never be diluted like they are with fiat. It's not about the divisibility of a single Bitcoin. If each satoshis are worth too much for micro-transactions then we can adjust the system so that we can use sub-satoshis.

I think you have bolded the wrong question because my OCD is killing me  Grin

1. Why do you think we may reach 6 figures in 10 years from now ? In other words, how do you see bitcoin from technological perspective in a decade from now ?
2. Could you please elaborate more on the bolded part of the above "2." part, as I still didn't get what you want to say.

Quote from:  Satoshi Nakamoto
Feb. 14, 2010: I’m sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume.
brg444

Activity: 644
Merit: 504

Bitcoin replaces central, not commercial, banks

View Profile
September 11, 2015, 11:37:57 PM

1. Never. Ever. Ever

1. Why do you think we may reach 6 figures in 10 years from now ? In other words, how do you see bitcoin from technological perspective in a decade from now ?
2. Could you please elaborate more on the bolded part of the above "2." part, as I still didn't get what you want to say.

Never ever was in reference to your question about altering the cap. This would corrupt the deflationary aspect of Bitcoin which is one of its main property.

6 figures is probable because existing financial system is headed for ruins and Bitcoin could eventually be the only safe refuge for wealth out of the reach of totalitarian governments.

Bitcoin itself won't be much different 10 years from now. Layers will be built on top of it and no one can pretend to have the imagination to suggest what use might come out of these. Think sidechains, payment channels (Lightning Network), IoT and machine to machine transactions, etc, etc.

"I believe this will be the ultimate fate of Bitcoin, to be the "high-powered money" that serves as a reserve currency for banks that issue their own digital cash." Hal Finney, Dec. 2010
Fakhoury (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1027

Permabull Bitcoin Investor

View Profile
September 12, 2015, 12:12:39 AM

1. Never. Ever. Ever

Never ever was in reference to your question about altering the cap. This would corrupt the deflationary aspect of Bitcoin which is one of its main property.

6 figures is probable because existing financial system is headed for ruins and Bitcoin could eventually be the only safe refuge for wealth out of the reach of totalitarian governments.

Bitcoin itself won't be much different 10 years from now. Layers will be built on top of it and no one can pretend to have the imagination to suggest what use might come out of these. Think sidechains, payment channels (Lightning Network), IoT and machine to machine transactions, etc, etc.

I still don't get how bitcoin scarce when it's divided to satoshi's and even if it's divided to sub-satoshi's, how is it scrace if that sub-satoshi could have a value of $0.1 for example.

Quote from:  Satoshi Nakamoto
Feb. 14, 2010: I’m sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: