Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 09:57:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Keeping it at one trust rating per person?  (Read 1099 times)
SebastianJu (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2015, 10:17:13 AM

I wanted to ask if it has a disadvantage for a user when i want to keep trust ratings by one per person and i delete an old positive trust to create a new one and add additional informations.

Would that lead to green trust points lost because the rating now is later in time?

Is it really trust farming when someone gets more than one green trust from the same person or does that not affect the rating at all.

I wanted to keep the rating to one rating in order to not clutter ones ratings side.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2015, 12:11:11 PM

Yes for a period their trust rating would be lower if you clear all ratings and readd one. I don't think its a problem to have multiple ratings for different trades, the comments are valid and the score only counts once. Its also nice to keep the timestamp for the original rating.

minifrij
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1267

In Memory of Zepher

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2015, 12:50:02 PM

A trusted member could add a positive trust for a user as many times as they like, but it would still only count as +1 on their trust record. Trust works per person, not per rating.
E.G I have given liteon several positive trust ratings, though is record is still only +3 (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=343587).
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
August 21, 2015, 01:04:42 PM

You should avoid removing old positive ratings unless absolutely necessary. Doing so will affect the users trust rating in a less then favorable way. If you do two transactions that are not micro transactions then there is nothing wrong with leaving two positive trust ratings. If someone is engaging in a lot of micro transactions then there is a high probability that they are trying to farm trust.
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2015, 01:09:46 PM

I see no problems with changing old trust scores. I think people get too hung up on scores around here. I noticed my score dropped when you deleted a rating and made it neutral. How much would it lower your overall score if I were to edit the feedback I left in 2014 anyways?
minifrij
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1267

In Memory of Zepher

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2015, 01:15:55 PM

I see no problems with changing old trust scores. I think people get too hung up on scores around here. I noticed my score dropped when you deleted a rating and made it neutral.
Changing trust ratings to neutral is completely valid and understandable. Removing a previous positive trust just to put a new one when simply adding a second one would make no difference to the user's trust rating is a stupid thing to do as it would only lower the user's trust rating.
EcuaMobi
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1468

https://Ecua.Mobi

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2015, 01:18:11 PM

Here theymos explains the new system to calculate the trust rating: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1066857.0

The 2 important points regarding this are:
  • Only the first feedback of every person counts.
  • For every trusted positive feedback a user gets 1 point every month, up to 10 points per rating.

So if you left a positive trust 5 months ago then you're giving 5 points to that user. If you delete your rating and add a new one then it's reset to 0 and he will have to wait 5 more months to be where it was. If you leave a new rating it won't affect the overall rating at all, however of course it will affect how it looks when opening the feedback.

Considering this what I do most of the times is limiting myself to 2 trusts per user. I never delete my first one (unless something important happens like not trusting that user anymore). If one more deal happens I leave a second rating, and if even more (considerable/important) deals happen in the future I delete that 2nd rating and create a new one mentioning all our trades except the first one. This way I don't affect the user's overall rating and limit it to 2 to avoid cluttering.

Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2015, 01:25:27 PM

Here theymos explains the new system to calculate the trust rating: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1066857.0

• For every trusted positive feedback a user gets 1 point every month, up to 10 points per rating.

So if you left a positive trust 5 months ago then you're giving 5 points to that user. If you delete your rating and add a new one then it's reset to 0 and he will have to wait 5 more months to be where it was. If you leave a new rating it won't affect the overall rating at all, however of course it will affect how it looks when opening the feedback.

Considering this what I do most of the times is limiting myself to 2 trusts per user. I never delete my first one (unless something important happens like not trusting that user anymore). If one more deal happens I leave a second rating, and if even more (considerable/important) deals happen in the future I delete that 2nd rating and create a new one mentioning all our trades except the first one. This way I don't affect the user's overall rating and limit it to 2 to avoid cluttering.

So if I were to change his to a neutral or delete and re add he drops 10 points? I think I dropped around that many points iirc.
ColderThanIce

Activity: 373
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 21, 2015, 01:44:37 PM

So if I were to change his to a neutral or delete and re add he drops 10 points? I think I dropped around that many points iirc.
If you left your rating on his profile more than 10 months ago, yes he would drop 10 points.

ROLLIN.IO  BITCOIN   DICE   GAME
   ⚁    ⚂    ⚃    ⚄   ⚅   ⚁   ⚂
                                        ███████████████████    
                                      ██                                    ██
      ██████████████████                                    ██
      ██                            ██                                    ██
      ██                            ██                                    ██  
      ██                            ██                                    ██
      ██                            ██████████            ██████
      ██                            ██              ██          ██
      ██                            ██                 ██       ██
      ██                            ██                    ██    ██
      ███████        ███████                        ████
                ██     ██
                ██  ██
                ████

███████████
S  O  C  I  A  L
C H A T T I N G
                    ██
                  ████
                ██████
              ████████
            ██████████
          ████████████
        ██████████████
      ████████████████
    ██████████████████
  ████████████████████ 
              ████████
              ████████

████████

████████
██████████████
LEVEL UP SYSTEM
   WITH REWADS
                ██████
              ████████
            ██████████
          ████████████
        ██████████████
    ██████████████████
  ████████████████████
█         ████████████████
   ██████████████████ 
     ████████████████
        █████████████
           ██████████
                █████
██████████████
 FREE BITCOINS
SebastianJu (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2015, 02:02:42 PM

I see no problems with changing old trust scores. I think people get too hung up on scores around here. I noticed my score dropped when you deleted a rating and made it neutral. How much would it lower your overall score if I were to edit the feedback I left in 2014 anyways?

Sorry for removing. I had to remove it and establish a new trust policy because of this thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1142193.new#new

My new policy is at the end of the thread. I checked all ratings and i did one escrow with you for 0.35 bitcoins at one point in time.

Again, sorry for removing but too many forum users thought i give out green trust too freely.

SebastianJu (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2015, 02:07:17 PM

*sigh* So it's correct... there is a timefactor involved. Man, i did not realize before and since i was pushed from all sides i had to act.

Blazedout419, your trade was too small for getting a green trust and an escrowed trade is generally not something with a risk for buyer or seller. So green trust is, according to the opinion of most of the forum members, not something that should be given for that from escrow side.

I'm sorry that happened but it seems too many did think i should handle it differently.

Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2015, 05:41:49 PM

I am not worried about it...I think I have plenty of trust. I was not aware of how the older it is the more points you got. I agree with not leaving feedback for small trades 100%. I never leave even a neutral for escrows unless it is large.
SebastianJu (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2015, 01:43:03 PM

I am not worried about it...I think I have plenty of trust. I was not aware of how the older it is the more points you got. I agree with not leaving feedback for small trades 100%. I never leave even a neutral for escrows unless it is large.

I'm happy you aren't angry. I didn't look if someone is on default trust or so when i enforced the new policy. Smiley

At the moment i only leave neutral ratings for non-account-related trades that are at least $50 worth. They are neutral then and only informative about that a user already traded certain amounts. I think knowing these things is still better than an empty trust page.

My new policy is, by the way:

* No trust rating to account sellers, buyers or the account traded. Because i cant tell if the buyer is using the bought account from now on or if he will sell it shortly after. And i cant tell if a seller is selling the seller account shortly after too.
* No trust rating at all to escrowed amounts worth <$50.
* Deals where i was escrow should not get green trust since there is no risk involved to buyer and seller. So i can give a neutral trust (see trust options, neutral is a comment only and doesnt affect the rating) to them when rule 2 does not apply. I will state the escrowed amount as risked btc and mention that it is the escrowed amount.
* Exceptions of the above rules are possible if i trust a person really. Have the impression that he showed he is a honest guy or something like that.
* I will only give one trust rating and try to put all ratings in one rating. I will only delete neutral ratings to consolidate, because of the time factor.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: