Bitcoin Forum
September 27, 2024, 07:24:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [RESOLVED] Send from Account  (Read 514 times)
RustyNomad (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2015, 09:31:45 PM
Last edit: August 22, 2015, 09:51:39 AM by RustyNomad

Electrum currently have the feature where one can select a specific address to 'Send From' when you right click on the specific address. One can also select multiple addresses to send from.

One thing that is missing which would be of great assistance is to add this feature on an Account level.

I have 6 account in my Electrum wallet. Most times when I send funds I do so or need to do so from a single account. In order to do this I have to open the specific account and select enough addresses in order to make up enough inputs for the transactions. This can sometimes be a bit of a headache to do especially when a large number of addresses are involved. You basically have to add them up as you go until you have selected enough inputs for the transaction.

I know I can just enter the amount to be sent in the Amount field on the Send tab but when doing this I do not know which inputs will be selected and I do not want Electrum to take inputs from different accounts.

It would thus be a nice feature to be able to right click on a specific account and select 'Send From' and then know that any inputs that will be selected will only be from addresses in that one specific account. If there is not enough inputs to satisfy the transaction then Electrum should show a warning that there is not enough coins in that specific account. One can then select multiple accounts and or move some coins to the account from where you want to send.

With this feature added one will be able keep your transactions account specific and not mix up inputs between accounts and one will be able to do so easily without the need to sift through all the addresses in a single account to make up the required inputs.
ThomasV
Legendary

Activity: 1896
Merit: 1353

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2015, 09:20:07 AM

I know I can just enter the amount to be sent in the Amount field on the Send tab but when doing this I do not know which inputs will be selected and I do not want Electrum to take inputs from different accounts.

it sends from the selected account.

Electrum: the convenience of a web wallet, without the risks
RustyNomad (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2015, 09:33:39 AM
Last edit: August 22, 2015, 09:48:00 AM by RustyNomad

Not sure I understand what you mean Thomas, how do one select a specific account in the 'Send' tab?

Only way to do this, that I'm aware of, is to go to the 'Address' tab and then to select all the addresses you want to use for the input side and then to select 'Send From'.

What I would like to see is to be able to right-click on the account label/name and then select 'Send From' and then knowing that only addresses within that account will be used for the transaction. When doing this Electrum should only include addresses inside that specific account. If there is not enough funds on those addresses then it should give a warning that the account does not contain enough funds and maybe with an option to add more accounts i.e. 'Selected account balance insufficient for this transaction. Would you like Electrum to add more accounts to satisfy this transaction.... Yes/No'

In that way you ensure that transactions never gets mixed up between accounts. I do not want to do a business transaction on my 'Business' account and then have Electrum include an address that's actually under my 'Personal' account.

EDIT: Think I should just clarify. I use Electrum together with a Trezor. So on my Electrum wallet I have 6 accounts. So when you go to the 'Address' tab you will see Main Account, Account 1, Account 2 etc... and each account have their set of addresses inside the account.

My Main Account is for business transactions. Account 1 is a personal account etc.. So when I send funds I want to be able to limit it to a specific account. Only way to do that is by going to that account and selecting the relevant addresses and select 'Send From'. There is no option to for example right-click on say Main Account and select 'Send From'.

When entering an amount in the 'Send' tab Electrum selects whatever inputs are required for the transaction, whether they come from just the Main Account or from the Main and other accounts, just as long as it satisfy the needs for the transaction. This means that I might do a business transaction yet end up with inputs selected from my business and personal accounts which sort of messes things up.
ThomasV
Legendary

Activity: 1896
Merit: 1353

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2015, 09:45:02 AM

Not sure I understand what you mean Thomas, how do one select a specific account in the 'Send' tab?

you should see an account selector in the status bar

Electrum: the convenience of a web wallet, without the risks
RustyNomad (OP)

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2015, 09:49:17 AM

you should see an account selector in the status bar

LOL, how stupid can you get......  Grin

Saw that but never put 1 and 1 together. Thank you, the lights just went on 'big time'..........
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: