Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 11:31:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What's the plan to recover after XT Takeover ??  (Read 1621 times)
quakefiend420
Legendary

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 22, 2015, 07:12:31 AM

• If Bitcoin forks, and one is running BitcoinXT, then one is OK.
    WHAAAT ? comical. You can't back that blanket statement up and you know it
    • If Bitcoin does not fork, and one is running BitcoinXT, then one is OK.
    sure. You're an alt-coiner.
    • If Bitcoin forks, and one is running BitcoinQT, then one is not OK.
    HOW? When these ass-clowns FHF (Force-Hard-Fork) I'm keeping my coins on my paper wallet, Run QT, go to Winchester for a pint, and watch XT blow over while true coin value sky-rockets after all these schmucks run back after they get Black/white listed by Gavin and company (peace be up on their name)
    • If Bitcoin does not fork, and one is running BitcoinQT, then one is OK.
    Correct.
    [/list]

True coin value? You sound like a religious nutbag too.

Can we not have a rational discussion about this?

Fine! Not ture coin... how about... OC! Original Coin.

I will not run XT. I've explained why and what I think will happen in other threads, but I guess can't copy and paste it here. Some guys are getting butt-hurt that i'm doing that.

Let me show you how this logic thing works.

WHAAAT ? comical. You can't back that blanket statement up and you know it

So prove him wrong.  Your statement did nothing of the sort.  I'll give you something to chew on though, if the network forks that means that 75% was on board with it.  If you're running XT you're going to be mining on the longest fork.  So yeah, you are fine if we fork and you're running XT.

sure. You're an alt-coiner.

Again, you did nothing to disprove his statement.  Textbook ad-hominem argument.

HOW? When these ass-clowns FHF (Force-Hard-Fork) I'm keeping my coins on my paper wallet, Run QT, go to Winchester for a pint, and watch XT blow over while true coin value sky-rockets after all these schmucks run back after they get Black/white listed by Gavin and company (peace be up on their name)

Any facts to back this one up?  Nope, rampant speculation.  I'll show you again how this works.  QT will not be on the longest chain because it will discard what are now considered to be valid blocks by the network(aka, the majority).  Do you understand what distributed consensus means?  I'll give you a hint, it's what the entire bitcoin network is built on.

Correct

At least you got one out of four, good job,
    Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
      Print  

Jump to: