Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 10:32:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Call out to Bitfinex traders: Please Read  (Read 370 times)
Joethetrader (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 31, 2015, 12:24:59 AM

Recently I published a couple articles regarding the persistent issues with the Bitfinex platform. The first, entitled “Traders Beware“, warning users of the potential dangers based on my personal experience, and financial loss,  during the flash crash on August 18th. Hopefully some of you heeded that warning before the 7 hour outage during the early hours of August 24th, where I later chronicled my entire user experience in my subsequent article “Bitfinex fails end users, the market and Bitcoin“, where I am certain many more users were adversely affected financially along with the market price of Bitcoin…

I want to say here that I have been a user of Bitfinex for over a year, and I like the conceptual design of the platform. Additionally,  until I experienced a financial loss which I felt should at least be addressed to some extent, I had good response from support and held their exchange and platform in high regard. However, since creating a support ticket regarding my loss due to a non responsive platform that provided untimely information of active positions and inaccurate market price, along with seemingly arbitrary execution of orders, I haven’t received even the “we’ll get back to ya on that…” reply.

I know there are many, many more of you out there just like me, and this is a call out to each and every one of those who Bitfinex seemingly would rather ‘just go away’… Right now, they hold the cards. They know who, how many and how much. I want to begin a list of affected users for our own informational purposes, so that we can begin to hold them accountable, if only in the court of public opinion.

I give you my personal word and guarantee that I will not use any information provided other than to begin a tally of the sum of the damage without your expressed personal consent. Given a little time I will then write a follow up piece that utilizes the sum of our numbers into one voice, asking for the resolution we deserve.

Prior to publication I will email each person on the list a preview (so be sure to add everydayjoetrader@gmail.com to your contact list) for suggestions and/or revisions, along with the the Bitfinex support and admin, to give them an opportunity to address the issues as well.

So please, if you were financially affected by the platform on the 18th  or the 24th of August 2015, use the form below and provide as much detail as you feel comfortable providing, and just maybe a unified voice will get their attention Cheesy

I think that’s fair… say one, say all?

https://joettrader.wordpress.com/call-out-to-bitfinex-traders-please-read/
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: