Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 03:20:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Gregory Maxwell is an upstanding person with honest & fair ethics, motives, and actions?
yes - 6 (46.2%)
no - 7 (53.8%)
Total Voters: 13

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Fundamental flaw in consensus algorithms?  (Read 2552 times)
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 10:17:16 PM

Didn't I just write I deleted it from a rough draft  Huh Wasn't I criticizing that paper even in the text I deleted  Roll Eyes How about I delete this post and you delete yours? Deal? Or do you prefer your trolling to remain on public display. Everyone can see what you are trying to do here. Is politics all you can do?

I'm not playing politics, I'm just saying that this paper shouldn't have been included into the draft at all. There are so many shitpapers around, we shouldn't reference everything we see.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
TPTB_need_war (OP)

Activity: 420
Merit: 257

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 10:20:44 PM

Didn't I just write I deleted it from a rough draft  Huh Wasn't I criticizing that paper even in the text I deleted  Roll Eyes How about I delete this post and you delete yours? Deal? Or do you prefer your trolling to remain on public display. Everyone can see what you are trying to do here. Is politics all you can do?

I'm not playing politics, I'm just saying that this paper shouldn't have been included into the draft at all. There are so many shitpapers around, we shouldn't reference everything we see.

Are you so clouded by your desire to cut me down that you can't formulate in that overloaded brain of yours that I was using it as an example of misguided rationale so that I could point out how to not compare the two. If I don't point out the fallacies of prior art, then people reinvent them again.

Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 10:24:16 PM

Are you so clouded by your desire to cut me down that you can't formulate in that overloaded brain of yours that I was using it as an example of misguided rationale so that I could point out how to not compare the two.

No. The problem is with deciphering your long phrases (like the quoted one). English is my 3rd language.
Tobo

Activity: 763
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 26, 2015, 05:38:13 PM

Are you so clouded by your desire to cut me down that you can't formulate in that overloaded brain of yours that I was using it as an example of misguided rationale so that I could point out how to not compare the two.
No. The problem is with deciphering your long phrases (like the quoted one). English is my 3rd language.

Which language is your second one if you don't mind to tell?
Fuserleer
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2015, 05:49:56 PM

His first and second are C and Java Smiley

Radix - DLT x.0

Web - http://radix.global  Forums - http://forum.radix.global Twitter - @radixdlt
r0ach
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 26, 2015, 06:39:03 PM
Last edit: August 27, 2015, 08:05:55 AM by r0ach

Anonymint is smart, but I feel his new username has somewhat of an anti-war theme to it which I find illogical.  I present to you:

Why War is good:  War, the best consensus mechanism:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1162791.0

......ATLANT......
..Real Estate Blockchain Platform..
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████
           ███████▐██▀████▐██▄████████░
          ▄████▄█████████▒████▌█████████░
         ███████▄█████████▀██████████████░
        █████████▌█████████▐█████▄████████░
        ▀█████████████████▐███████████████
          █████▀████████ ░███████████████
    ██████▐██████████▄████████████████████████░
  ▄████▄████████▐███████████████░▄▄▄▄░████████░
 ▄██████▄█████████▐█████▄█████████▀████▄█████████░
███████████████████▐█████▄█████████▐██████████████░
▀████████▀█████████▒██████████████▐█████▀█████████
  ████████████████ █████▀█████████████████████████
   ▀██▀██████████ ▐█████████████  ▀██▀██████████
    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀██████████

..INVEST  ●  RENT  ●  TRADE..
 ✓Assurance     ✓Price Discovery     ✓Liquidity     ✓Low Fees

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

◣Whitepaper ◣ANN ThreadTelegram
◣ Facebook     ◣ Reddit          ◣ Slack

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
August 26, 2015, 06:50:41 PM

It's classified information, sorry.
TPTB_need_war (OP)

View Profile
August 26, 2015, 06:57:14 PM
Last edit: August 26, 2015, 07:11:28 PM by TPTB_need_war

Haha this thread is becoming more enjoyable to read.

We are going JVM. I am having a difficult time recruiting a dev who is good in networking who will work for 3 months for coins. At testnet they can get an appropriate cash remuneration if they prefer that.

If anyone is interested PM me.

As for proving designs, etc.. That is for those who are serious and capable and willing. Else wait for testnet.

I've been suffering M.S. which is very destructive in my case to concentration. That greatly inhibited my ability to code at the level I did before I acquired the neurological illness. I am 5-6 days into a water fast and am experiencing the same alleviation of symptoms going down the extremeties as described by this woman:

Self-healing in the Age of Collapsing Healthcare eugenics totalitarianism:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzWyiYUu-Dk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoDt4nX3qEg   <--- this one

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kombucha

I know it sounds kooky but the 70 - 80% of the immune system is in the disgestive system and intertwined with the microbes which outnumber the cells in the body. I have strong reasons to believe my autoimmunity began in my gut, e.g. being hospitalized in May 2012 in a near-death experience (ER then ICU) for an acute peptic ulcer that was leaking acid into my abdominal cavity causing organs to tear and potentially fail. There were numerous issues prior to that of amoebas and dysentery (even weekly!). Also the doctors messed up my antibiotic prescription so I ended up 28 days on 6000mg daily antibiotics after H.pylori diagnosis as the cause of the peptic ulcer, and then I had fungus in my colon, etc, etc, etc. After that, the M.S. went bezerk.

monsterer
Legendary

Activity: 1008

View Profile
August 26, 2015, 08:16:49 PM

I've been suffering M.S. which is very destructive in my case to concentration. That greatly inhibited my ability to code at the level I did before I acquired the neurological illness. I am 5-6 days into a water fast and am experiencing the same alleviation of symptoms going down the extremeties as described by this woman:

I am genuinely sorry to hear that. Sounds like you have had a rough time of it. I like that you have kept on working through it all though, and I look forward to reading your white paper Smiley
Zer0Sum
Legendary

Activity: 1588

View Profile
August 26, 2015, 08:29:55 PM

It's classified information, sorry.

#1 is almost certainly Russian...
#2 is almost certainly another Slavic language (or vice versa).

NXT is dominated by East Europeans...
For example, the Big Guy who owns 50% of the NXT assets is based in Riga, Latvia (a staunch NATO ally)...
So English would also be his 3rd language (after Latvia/Russian or Russian/Latvian depending on family).
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
August 26, 2015, 09:19:22 PM

NXT is dominated by East Europeans controlled by Russian mafia...

You are welcome  Cheesy
username18333

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

Knowledge could but approximate existence.

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2015, 01:21:38 AM
Last edit: August 27, 2015, 01:39:33 AM by username18333

One potential solution I see to this problem is to make mining an unprofitable asset burning operation. But if this is accomplished by burning coins, eventually end up with 0 money supply.

GEC could be "spent" ex nihilo (and, thus, ex necessitate rei), so "the next [five] years or more" (xhoneyael) could be irrelevant as long as its "buying power" were non-null.

So we don't want an anti-money (whom can free-for-all coinbase nilly-willy debase faster race into the abyss) shitcoin that is designed to perniciously, self-destruct into a mutual chaos.

Are you certain? (I.e., Are you an economic Euthyphro?)

Quote from: Thomas Paine, _Rights of Man_, 1791
Reason obeys itself; and Ignorance submits to whatever is dictated to it.

Even Aristotle (384‒322 BCE) would not understand: “the capital or money is money because it is beloved of the one basis point” (qtd. in username18333).

Escape the plutocrats’ zanpakutō, Flower in the Mirror, Moon on the Water: brave “the ascent which is rough and steep” (Plato).
TPTB_need_war (OP)

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 01:33:46 AM

This user is currently ignored.

Fuck he stalked me from the Economics forum to the Altcoin Discussion forum.

The price of some fame. Do you understand why I won't release any thing with my "AnonyMint" name on it!

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: