Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 03:38:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ashley Madinson: geographical distribution map  (Read 1734 times)
bryant.coleman (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1217

View Profile
August 23, 2015, 08:39:14 AM

The reddish dots represent more than 85% male users, while yellowish dots means that less than 85% of the users are male.

An interactive map can be found here:

https://tecnilogica.cartodb.com/viz/56e702fe-4693-11e5-8f79-0e853d047bba/public_map

(Click on "visible layers", and then either enable or disable the two options).

The data is actually quite interesting, there are more than 3,000 users in Karachi (Pakistan), where adultery is punishable by death. And there seems to be a few dozen users from North Korea as well!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
GriffinHeart

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

Hello there!

View Profile
August 23, 2015, 11:03:27 AM

yoh bruh, there are 2 africas bruh...

Hi there, I'm from South Africa.
This means I'm poor, I guess.
drugs

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 23, 2015, 12:09:00 PM

The fact that this site even existed baffles me. Why not just sign up for a regular dating site if you want an affair.

yoh bruh, there are 2 africas bruh...

There are two Europes as well  Grin. The image is just doubled for some reason.
bryant.coleman (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 23, 2015, 12:56:35 PM

Bad news coming in.  Grin

According to Malfideleco, they had some issues with geocoding. The earlier version of the map was showing 29 users in Etah, an abandoned Arctic village in Greenland. They are now saying that these users were from Etah, India. Also, North Korea does not have any Ashley Madinson users, as claimed earlier. Since the place names are almost similar in South Korea and North Korea, the geocoder mistook some of the North Korean villages for the Seoul suburbs.
Stargazer

Activity: 641
Merit: 253

▰▰▰ Global Cryptocurrency Paymen

View Profile
August 23, 2015, 12:59:52 PM

Africa seems unaffected but that's because most people there have no Internet Cheesy
What's interesting is that it was really popular in USA and Europe but Canadians stayed away from it.

bryant.coleman (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 23, 2015, 01:07:14 PM

Africa seems unaffected but that's because most people there have no Internet Cheesy

There are a lot of users from Africa, but Malfideleco haven't added them to their latest map (with the exception of South Africa, due to difficulties with geocoding).

What's interesting is that it was really popular in USA and Europe but Canadians stayed away from it.

OMG!

It is exactly the opposite. Canada is the country which is home to the most Ashley Madison adulterers per capita, at 62.6 users per 1,000 people. (Almost one in ten adults). Even the US is in the second position, with 51.1 users per 1,000, followed by Australia at 45.1 users per 1,000.
Stargazer

Activity: 641
Merit: 253

▰▰▰ Global Cryptocurrency Paymen

View Profile
August 23, 2015, 01:36:49 PM

I just briefly looked at the map and about 90% of Canada's territory seemed clean of any dots. I know the majority of Canadians live in the South, but it still looks like there's much less users there than in the States.

Another interesting thing is that there's a lot of lonely women in India Wink

bryant.coleman (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 23, 2015, 01:51:57 PM

I just briefly looked at the map and about 90% of Canada's territory seemed clean of any dots. I know the majority of Canadians live in the South, but it still looks like there's much less users there than in the States.

The population density in Canada is one-tenth of that of the United States. So obviously, there will be less dots within Canada. But I could see a very high concentration in the Toronto metropolitan region.

And Toronto is #4 in the following list:

Can't say that. In US-Canada and the EU, somewhere between 90% and 95% of the users are male. But in India, it is down to around 80%. But still an overwhelming majority of the users in India are male. And if you look at the map, it is quite evident that the proportion of female users is higher in states such as Punjab and Kerala, where a large part of the male population work abroad.
BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1136

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2015, 01:58:15 PM

Boulder, Coloraodo:  86.4018% MALE USER

9163 USERS

Very cool map.

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
Sourgummies

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

Never ending parties are what Im into.

View Profile
August 23, 2015, 03:23:34 PM

The India stats do seem off. Internet use and male percentage for that Country would almost lead you to believe the poll would show big red dots.
If the stats do hold true it presents a interesting dynamic and should be looked into more.
pinball8

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 23, 2015, 03:36:01 PM

wawww.... the map is showed how very much usser madison ashley.
and the europe, America, and Australia is more people use it.
are the governement when the ashley madison central place take wisdom about it?
Sefton

Activity: 65

View Profile
August 23, 2015, 03:42:48 PM

It's based in Canada too apparently.

I saw this on wikipedia:

The site also charges money to delete accounts, although they may be hidden for free.[19] The paid deletion includes allegedly removing messages sent from the mailboxes of their recipients. The data disclosures in 2015 disclosed that this "permanent deletion" feature did not delete anything, and all data was recoverable.

I wonder if they could get sued for this. I know someone filed a class action lawsuit but not sure how much the site is to blame for the leak though not deleting stuff people paid to wipe could get them in bother.
bryant.coleman (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 23, 2015, 03:43:12 PM

The India stats do seem off. Internet use and male percentage for that Country would almost lead you to believe the poll would show big red dots.
If the stats do hold true it presents a interesting dynamic and should be looked into more.

Being a regular visitor to India, it seems to me that the data for that country is quite accurate. There are some 200 million people who use internet in India, and the total number of Ashley Madinson users is around 400,000. Out of this number, some 320,000 is male and 80,000 is female. Compare that to more than 16 million users reported from the United States.
Possum577

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2015, 05:22:18 PM

The fact that this site even existed baffles me. Why not just sign up for a regular dating site if you want an affair.

Really? Because regular dating and having an affair are very different. Ashley Madison cuts out the bullshit for those that just want to get laid and don't want to bother with a relationship.

The geographic map is cool and the patter of use follows the availability of internet, the population across the world, and (mostly) aligns with the borders of deeply muslim countries (i.e., theres NO indication of usage in Saudia Arabia, Iraq, etc.) This later fact could also be linked internet access to the site. The only thing that's surprising to me is how few people in India use the site, given that there's always a story of men in India attacking women for sexual needs.

When will the links to people we know become known, haha, probably never.

bryant.coleman (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 23, 2015, 05:47:34 PM

and (mostly) aligns with the borders of deeply muslim countries (i.e., theres NO indication of usage in Saudia Arabia, Iraq, etc.) This later fact could also be linked internet access to the site.

Malfideleco has only included users from 30 or so countries in their map. They are having difficulties in geocoding, and therefore they have temporarily excluded the other countries.

Other sources talk about tens of thousands of users in the Middle East, including Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates. Some of these users were LGBT, and they face almost certain death penalty now.

An example here:

The French leak monitoring firm CybelAngel said it counted 1,200 email addresses in the data dump with the .sa suffix, suggesting users were connected to Saudi Arabia, where adultery is punishable by death.

One wrote online under the title 'I May Get Stoned to Death for Gay Sex and wrote: 'I am from a country where homosexuality carries the death penalty.

'I BEG you all to spread this message. Perhaps the hackers will take notice of it, and then, I can tell them to (at the very least) exercise discretion in their information dump (i.e. leave the single gay arab guy out of it). As of now, I plan on leaving the Kingdom and never returning once I have the $ for a plane ticket. Though I have no place to go, no real friends, and no job.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3204408/Millions-suspicious-spouses-crash-websites-set-names-Ashley-Madison-cheaters-interactive-map-reveals-men-women-registered-adultery-website-live.html
Possum577

Activity: 434

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2015, 05:56:06 PM

and (mostly) aligns with the borders of deeply muslim countries (i.e., theres NO indication of usage in Saudia Arabia, Iraq, etc.) This later fact could also be linked internet access to the site.

Malfideleco has only included users from 30 or so countries in their map. They are having difficulties in geocoding, and therefore they have temporarily excluded the other countries.

Other sources talk about tens of thousands of users in the Middle East, including Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates. Some of these users were LGBT, and they face almost certain death penalty now.

An example here:

The French leak monitoring firm CybelAngel said it counted 1,200 email addresses in the data dump with the .sa suffix, suggesting users were connected to Saudi Arabia, where adultery is punishable by death.

One wrote online under the title 'I May Get Stoned to Death for Gay Sex and wrote: 'I am from a country where homosexuality carries the death penalty.

'I BEG you all to spread this message. Perhaps the hackers will take notice of it, and then, I can tell them to (at the very least) exercise discretion in their information dump (i.e. leave the single gay arab guy out of it). As of now, I plan on leaving the Kingdom and never returning once I have the $ for a plane ticket. Though I have no place to go, no real friends, and no job.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3204408/Millions-suspicious-spouses-crash-websites-set-names-Ashley-Madison-cheaters-interactive-map-reveals-men-women-registered-adultery-website-live.html

Thanks for the update. Perhaps I wasn't as "un-surprised" before as I am now. Humans are human, and humans need some lovin!

Sucks for that Saudi guy, he shouldn't have lived where he didn't respect or want to follow the collective laws (be it driven by political or religious reasons). It's good that he's moving on. He can't be respected in a place like Saudi were being gay is punishable. Tell him to travel to the US...he'll be welcomed there.

bryant.coleman (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 23, 2015, 06:15:32 PM

And here comes more information about the Ashley Madinson users...  Grin

wxa7115

Activity: 2716
Merit: 704

View Profile
August 24, 2015, 05:07:47 AM

Lol, my country is sausage fest. According to the stats 14% of the users were women. But I wonder how many of those accounts were created by some dude maybe trying to earn a commission by referring people to AM.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
Harry Hood

Activity: 266

View Profile
August 24, 2015, 05:46:36 AM

Here's a decent article from a few people used the service (and are now scared of having the lives ruined as a result): http://money.cnn.com/2015/08/21/technology/ashley-madison-ruined-lives/index.html?iid=hp-stack-dom

centauribit

Activity: 197
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 26, 2015, 11:40:39 PM

What depresses me is the fact that 37 million people used this site.  I'll bet millions of spouses are freaking out right now and going to come clean with the wife/hubby about their involvement, hoping to get some forgiveness

stevegreer
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

Official Zeitcoin community ambassador

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 04:10:22 PM

Thanks bryant. I have been hearing about this Ashley Madinson thing in the news a lot lately but had no idea what it was. The fact that something like this exists is just more proof of how low the human race as a whole has sunk with regards to morals and common decency. Here's a thought: if you have no intention of being faithful to your spouse, don't get married.

andysbizz

Activity: 70

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 04:13:17 PM

It's starting to scare me ... Embarrassed
bryant.coleman (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 28, 2015, 03:39:59 PM

But I wonder how many of those accounts were created by some dude maybe trying to earn a commission by referring people to AM.

It is true that some of the female accounts were created by the Ashley Madison staff, as the gender ratio was too imbalanced. However, their affiliate program offered no extra advantage for those who roped in the female users. The affiliate commissions were based on the the subscription fee, which the new users paid to AM.
Venusianism

Activity: 94

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2015, 06:30:57 PM

Lol, all those cheating indians, vs. so few in rest of asia. Makes me laugh xD

Invest in the future ; Doesn't have to be Bitcoin.
bryant.coleman (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 28, 2015, 06:34:30 PM

Lol, all those cheating indians, vs. so few in rest of asia. Makes me laugh xD

India just had around 400,000 users. And it is minuscule when compared with the total population there (1,300 million). On the other hand, China had more than one million users. Even Japan and Philippines had hundreds of thousands of verified accounts with Ashley Madison. Conservative countries such as Pakistan had tens of thousands of users (including homosexual users).
foxbitcoin

Activity: 593

View Profile
August 30, 2015, 09:19:40 PM

Cheaters exposed ...Think of the heartache that would be saved if you found the name of the guy/girl on that site. Won't have to waste years of your life on them if you know up front.
BCEmporium
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 30, 2015, 10:48:49 PM

Are they cheaters? Or just trying to?
Because the male to female ratio is of 6,2 males/female. Did each of the female users "dispatch" 6 guys? Or was it more of a "sausage feast"?

██████████████████            ██████████
████████████████              ██████████
██████████████          ▄█   ███████████
████████████         ▄████   ███████████
██████████        ▄███████  ████████████
████████        ▄█████████  ████████████
██████        ▄███████████  ████████████
████       ▄██████████████ █████████████
██      ▄███████████████████████████████
▀        ███████████████████████████████
▄          █████████████████████████████
██▄         ▀███████████████████████████
████▄        ▀██████████████████████████
██████▄        ▀████████████████████████
████████▄        ████████████████▀ █████
██████████▄       ▀█████████████  ██████
████████████▄       ██████████   ███████
██████████████▄      ▀██████    ████████
████████████████▄▄     ███     █████████
███████████████████▄    ▀     ██████████
█████████████████████▄       ███████████
███████████████████████▄   ▄████████████

▄█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███▄                ▄███            █████            ████████████████   ████████████████▄             █████
███▀                 ███             ███   ███   ████▄              ▄████           ███████           ███                ███           ▀███           ███████
███                  ███             ███   ███   █████▄            ▄█████          ███▀ ▀███          ███                ███            ███          ███▀ ▀███
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███ ███▄        ▄███ ███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄        ███                ███           ▄███        ▄███▀   ▀███▄
███                  ███████████████████   ███   ███  ▀██▄      ▄██▀  ███       ▄███▀     ▀███▄       ████████████████   ████████████████▀        ▄███▀     ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███   ▀███    ███▀   ███      ▄███▀       ▀███▄      ███                ███        ███          ▄███▀       ▀███▄
███                  ███             ███   ███   ███    ▀███  ███▀    ███     ▄███▀         ▀███▄     ███                ███         ███        ▄███▀         ▀███▄
███▄                 ███             ███   ███   ███      ██████      ███    ▄███             ███▄    ███                ███          ███      ▄███             ███▄
▀█████████████████   ███             ███   ███   ███       ████       ███   ▄███               ███▄   ████████████████   ███           ███    ▄███               ███▄

|
  TRUE BLOCKCHAIN GAMING PLATFORM 
DECENTRALISED AUTONOMOUS UNIVERSES

HOME PAGE                                                                  WHITE PAPER 
|
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: