Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 01:52:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Beta test the new forums  (Read 2115 times)
Blazed (OP)
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2015, 09:52:44 PM

How can I apply to be a beta tester? I login to these forums through out the day and would be interested in helping beta test the new forum.

Theymos...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 09:53:43 PM

I would also be willing to beta test the new forum Cool

goosoodude

Activity: 584
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 09:57:42 PM

Well, the code is out of github. Does monitoring the process of how the forum is developed count? I don't think that forum software would require extensive beta testing though, especially if it's open source. I guess that some weeks of testing the softare publicly after it's ready wouldn't hurt anybody.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

HeroC
Legendary

Activity: 858
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 09, 2015, 10:40:47 PM

I Follow the development on GitHub. You can make your own and submit a ticket if you find something is amiss!
iopq

Activity: 658

View Profile
August 12, 2015, 02:41:51 PM

Did someone host it somewhere so everyone can test?
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 6090

View Profile
August 13, 2015, 06:11:52 AM

I Follow the development on GitHub. You can make your own and submit a ticket if you find something is amiss!

That's not how it's supposed to work , I'am not even sure how developpers are working some people host the forum and post screenshots and then we all say "shitty design" then we get replied about this not being the latest version .. so where is the updated version if it's not on Github .
and .. we was expecting a Beta hosted somewhere else on December 2014 and final release on Feb 2015 but none of this happened , I'd assume we won't see any new forum anytime soon .

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
August 16, 2015, 05:58:07 PM

That's not how it's supposed to work , I'am not even sure how developpers are working some people host the forum and post screenshots and then we all say "shitty design" then we get replied about this not being the latest version .. so where is the updated version if it's not on Github .
and .. we was expecting a Beta hosted somewhere else on December 2014 and final release on Feb 2015 but none of this happened , I'd assume we won't see any new forum anytime soon .

Have you paid something for the new epochtalk forum? I think no, so you should only wait (and wait). However it seems that the forum is the ultimate thing to think at the moment, due the bitcoin Core <> BitcoinXT debate.

#Impatience.
PolarPoint

Activity: 672

View Profile
August 16, 2015, 06:06:09 PM

I think when new software is ready, we will all beta test at the same time like public beta of online games. Bugs will be reported and fixed in realtime. I think mods will be the first batch of members to test before public beta.
frankenmint
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1018

HoneybadgerOfMoney.com Weed4bitcoin.com

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2015, 04:11:12 AM

I think when new software is ready, we will all beta test at the same time like public beta of online games. Bugs will be reported and fixed in realtime. I think mods will be the first batch of members to test before public beta.

Yea, but also, why do they not have at least an alpha available?  As we speak I'm trying out something with a heroku instance and the github repo, which I of course forked.  It hasn't been updated since april so I suppose that they work on it separately and update it as work is accomplished.

Someone who isn't as lazy as me to enter a credit card, use heroku with a credit card to verify your account, hop onto github, fork Epoch Talk, and set the server and emailer service to true and you can point the app this way for us to try it out!

I'll otherwise get my CC verified sometime and update this post you guys.

grue
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1431

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 04:37:54 AM

Yea, but also, why do they not have at least an alpha available?  As we speak I'm trying out something with a heroku instance and the github repo, which I of course forked.  It hasn't been updated since april so I suppose that they work on it separately and update it as work is accomplished.

Someone who isn't as lazy as me to enter a credit card, use heroku with a credit card to verify your account, hop onto github, fork Epoch Talk, and set the server and emailer service to true and you can point the app this way for us to try it out!

last commit was 16 days ago.

It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Adblock for annoying signature ads | Enhanced Merit UI
Cyrus
Ninja
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 2948

View Profile
August 17, 2015, 09:51:34 AM

That's the Master branch, recent commits were made in other development branches.

frankenmint
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1018

HoneybadgerOfMoney.com Weed4bitcoin.com

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2015, 02:29:16 PM

I realized that after I saw I was looking at my forked copy - updated back in april  Undecided

Wangbus

Activity: 110
Merit: 11

Principal Software Engineer

View Profile
August 20, 2015, 02:32:02 AM

Yea, but also, why do they not have at least an alpha available?  As we speak I'm trying out something with a heroku instance and the github repo, which I of course forked.  It hasn't been updated since april so I suppose that they work on it separately and update it as work is accomplished.

I realized that after I saw I was looking at my forked copy - updated back in april  Undecided

Just saw this... Guys pls. Github has branches, use the dropdown to see our progress. Another good way to keep up is to use the network tab - https://github.com/epochtalk/epochtalk/network
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: