Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 09:12:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Global stock market selloff has started  (Read 1780 times)
newcripto

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 24, 2015, 09:01:11 PM

Actually I don't think the market will crash hard, since banks are sitting on 5x more money than 2008, they could stop any crash with the flip of a pen
I do agree with you.We must realize that this time banks are well prepared and as you mentioned up people really have unshakable trust and believe in paper money which is secret of its value.Paper money is backed by people thats why it has value.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
luciann

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 24, 2015, 10:34:48 PM

Didnt they say there would be another financial crash coming, after 2008 and we just didnt know when.

And then I saw on a four horse men documentary that it take minimum 5-10 years to recover from one crash.

Pab
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1012

View Profile
August 24, 2015, 11:21:51 PM

Market sell off based on fear,i havefound interesting explanation why markets are going down

Larry Elliott economics editor of The Guardian wrote

Financial markets in the west have been booming for the past six years at a time when the real economy has been struggling

Recovery from the last recession has been patchy and weak by historical standards, but that has not prevented a bull market in equities.

The reason for this is simple: the markets have been pumped full of stimulants in the form of quantitative easing, the money creation programmes adopted by central banks as a response to the last crisis....

It makes  sense to me,but if it will go further than knobody knows,inflation can appear,andall that house of card can fail without any control 

Full article you can find here

http://www.theguardian.com/business/2015/aug/24/china-stock-market-panic-stimulants-sell-off-financial-markets-quantitative-easing

Bitcoin needs to help himself first

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
freeyourmind

Activity: 364
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 24, 2015, 11:22:00 PM

Several of the stocks I keep an eye on and invest in have dropped past previous 52 week lows...will be interesting to see how much fear there is in the market and if it continues to drop

I thought something like this was going to happen a couple years ago...if it does end up being an all out crash.
risingtide

Activity: 143
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 24, 2015, 11:35:05 PM

This is a good time to step back and just watch how fear pervades the markets. It could be just a correction, but of course it could be something larger:
.. the Last Great Bubble — faith in central banks — may be starting to pop.

🚀 🚀Bitcoin mining with NFTs 🚀 🚀
⚡️⚡️Join us in the Digimint Discord⚡️⚡️
coinableS
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1179

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2015, 01:17:36 AM

This is a good time to step back and just watch how fear pervades the markets. It could be just a correction, but of course it could be something larger:

The last time the stock markets moved like this was in August 2007. I'm sure you remember what followed that about a year later. Although no one can predict the future, things are looking pretty familiar if you ask me.

MinerHQ
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1023

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 02:05:03 AM

Actually I don't think the market will crash hard, since banks are sitting on 5x more money than 2008, they could stop any crash with the flip of a pen

Yesterday markets was terrible trough out the world. It is mainly because of china's growth slowing down. It is not yet over.
zimmah
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 02:31:03 AM

The last time the stock markets moved like this was in August 2007. I'm sure you remember what followed that about a year later. Although no one can predict the future, things are looking pretty familiar if you ask me.

The stock market crashes approximately every seven years. So it was due another crash.
HarHarHar9965

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 04:32:15 AM

Several of the stocks I keep an eye on and invest in have dropped past previous 52 week lows...will be interesting to see how much fear there is in the market and if it continues to drop

I thought something like this was going to happen a couple years ago...if it does end up being an all out crash.

although a lot of people will root for it being a crash, I think a lot of different features of the market intervene with the growth to cause this effect. Regardless of whatever effect the market experienced, we all know the mayhem of a stock market crash and what follows along, so I won't be surprised if our already sensitive bitcoin market becomes any more soft, seems like some old drake song
ashour

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 03:56:41 PM

Didnt they say there would be another financial crash coming, after 2008 and we just didnt know when.

And then I saw on a four horse men documentary that it take minimum 5-10 years to recover from one crash.

I assume that you are talking about the Shemitah year http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/archives/tag/the-shemitah-year ? Those are just rumors and conspiracy theories placed in order to scare people and make them sell of their assets for cheap.
mrhelpful
Legendary

Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 04:18:41 PM

The stock market crashes approximately every seven years. So it was due another crash.

Sounds about right though.

But what can you based out of it`ll crash, you think the banks are selling how they did back in 2008 with the super easy predatory lending? or is it something else.
MF Doom

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 05:17:15 PM

I assume that you are talking about the Shemitah year http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/archives/tag/the-shemitah-year ? Those are just rumors and conspiracy theories placed in order to scare people and make them sell of their assets for cheap.

it really makes you wonder where these predictions originate from.

But the fact that they have been talked about for months, and now some strange events are happening though makes me want to keep a close eye on them.  I mean the worldwide stock "correction" or crash, whatever you want to call it is obviously 100% real.  I find it incredible that the predictions seem to be lining up with the worldwide economic uncertainty going on this moment.

They seem to get repeated year after year, possibly just to get people to sell assets cheap, but this time for some reason sounds different.
Slark
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 08:41:24 PM

Help? Because of twisted human psychology and status of bitcoin which is now treated as investment asset we are all affected by that markets decline.
People need to understand that bitcoin can be independent from FIAT markets and while stock are collapsing bitcoin can stay strong. So far they're failing to realize that.
findftp
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1005

Delusional crypto obsessionist

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 09:28:57 PM

Help? Because of twisted human psychology and status of bitcoin which is now treated as investment asset we are all affected by that markets decline.
People need to understand that bitcoin can be independent from FIAT markets and while stock are collapsing bitcoin can stay strong. So far they're failing to realize that.

We should price shit in bitcoin to make that happen.
Everywhere I look I see so called experts talking about $14563 worth of bitcoin instead of using bitcoin as denominator.
I really hate to read an article about bitcoin investment or theft denominating everything in FIAT and don't mention the BTC amount at all

START PRICE SHIT IN BTC for god sake.

Let those getting rich quick imbeciles who don't understand BTC go to http://www.preev.com and convert the amount to their beloved fiat counter value.

/rant

mrhelpful
Legendary

Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 09:34:00 PM

I think despite the global stock market, it shouldnt really effect us unless you have money in there.

And I`m surprised that theres people dropping the coin so hard at the same time not sure why though.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: