Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:46:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: EBAY sale Question  (Read 1416 times)
Hellot

Activity: 679
Merit: 526

View Profile
November 09, 2015, 10:16:54 PM

The buyer sent me an email from the paypal address. I asked for ID and proof of address. He declined the ID but took a photo of the front of a letter with the name and address on. Therefore I think it is still a risk to send the coin as he could have got that photo anyway. I suggested a discount by birtcoin or bank transfer with Escrow but he declined.

minerjones it was me yes C I will be answering the thread a bit later

Since I just purchased #8 from CryptoImperator, you've peaked my interest, care to explain?  Or did I miss the sarcasm...
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
monkeynuts
Legendary

Activity: 1251
Merit: 1259

MONKEYNUTS

View Profile
November 09, 2015, 10:26:06 PM

The buyer sent me an email from the paypal address. I asked for ID and proof of address. He declined the ID but took a photo of the front of a letter with the name and address on. Therefore I think it is still a risk to send the coin as he could have got that photo anyway. I suggested a discount by birtcoin or bank transfer with Escrow but he declined.

Since I just purchased #8 from CryptoImperator, you've peaked my interest, care to explain?  Or did I miss the sarcasm...

It was a typo in his original ebay auction #6 was sold, not #8. I had a quick email with Gravitate about it today.
Hellot

View Profile
November 09, 2015, 10:35:04 PM

Since I just purchased #8 from CryptoImperator, you've peaked my interest, care to explain?  Or did I miss the sarcasm...

It was a typo in his original ebay auction #6 was sold, not #8. I had a quick email with Gravitate about it today.

Which is interesting because I told CryptoImperator that I wanted #6 too but was waiting to see #8 in person.  I hadn't given him a deposit for #6 yet so I guess he's going to get away with this.
monkeynuts
Legendary

MONKEYNUTS

View Profile
November 09, 2015, 10:41:41 PM

Since I just purchased #8 from CryptoImperator, you've peaked my interest, care to explain?  Or did I miss the sarcasm...

Which is interesting because I told CryptoImperator that I wanted #6 too but was waiting to see #8 in person.  I hadn't given him a deposit for #6 yet so I guess he's going to get away with this.

I guess CI and Gravitate need to clear that up with you personally then
monkeynuts
Legendary

MONKEYNUTS

View Profile
November 09, 2015, 10:41:56 PM

I'm going to go against the grain, and say I would be very weary about selling a high ticket item to a new buyer.  In my experience, paypal usually sides with the buyer.  All the buyer has to do is say they didnt receive it, or got a empty box, or make other excuses.  Then do a paypal chargeback, and that's that.

The posters have made solid advice, but I would personally not feel comfortable.  I've personally cancelled 0 feedback purchases, on high ticket items.  Even if taking the hit as a seller, I want to err on the side of caution.

I agree. I would also be weary with a brand new account, and zero feedback. (You would be weary if it was a newbie on here)

The consequences of selling to this guy and it going tits up are you potentially losing the coin.
The consequences of not selling and waiting for the next buyer are that you may get slightly lower, but it would most likely be the safer option

I dont think its a risk worth taking. If this guy has joined ebay after you posted the auction, then my alarm bells would really ring. This coin is not widely known about, and also possibly still available from CI. So they have either seen this coin linked on here (and why not do it as an escrowed bitcoin payment then), or they already had an ebay ID that had a search alert set (and then have created a different account to buy this with). Either way it doesnt look right.

Alternatives .... perhaps a Paypal friends and Family payment .... not linked to the auction. Unsure if that would work ? Unsure if that cant have a chargeback made against it or not. Or good old escrowed bitcoins
Vladan1989

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 10, 2015, 12:16:44 AM

Be sure to ask paypal for advice first, then try to make video or few screens about you sending item. I think u are secured.
johnsmithsruuk

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 10, 2015, 09:13:15 AM

Before going to sale or buy any product in ebay you must have to check the feedback of those customer.If he is very new and placing the order means you remove the option cash on delivery.

If your buying any product from new supplier means simply go for cash on delivery this will be the safer side.
gravitate (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 10, 2015, 10:29:48 AM

Hi Hellot sorry about that it was my mistake about #8 I corrected it as soon as I realised. I am not 100% sure the situation with the #6 but I was told a coin was available pending further notice. If you confirmed you would buy it or agreed for CI to hold it for you then I had no right to put it for sale. Is that the case?

To peel or not to peel.
Hellot

View Profile
November 10, 2015, 04:03:47 PM

Hi Hellot sorry about that it was my mistake about #8 I corrected it as soon as I realised. I am not 100% sure the situation with the #6 but I was told a coin was available pending further notice. If you confirmed you would buy it or agreed for CI to hold it for you then I had no right to put it for sale. Is that the case?

Hey Gravitate, no worries.  I looked through my messages last night and while I expressed to CI that I wanted to buy #6 after seeing #8, he did not commit to selling it to me and I stupidly did not follow-up like I should have.  So you're fine, lesson learned on my part.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: