April 25, 2024, 05:31:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: DO you like this thread
Meh
Yes
No

Pages: « 1 ... 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 [193] 194 195 196 197 198 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Nights Watch by Afrikoin  (Read 303266 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Afrikoin (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1003

alan watts is all you need

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 10:40:15 AM

We are all accustomed to the FUD by now

South Korea Allows Cryptocurrency Trading for Real-Name Registered Accounts https://bitcoinmagazine.com/articles/south-korea-allows-cryptocurrency-trading-real-name-registered-accounts/#1516748454

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
       ▄████████████████████████▄
 ▄▄  ▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████▄
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████▄
   ██████████████████████████████████
   ▀████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀██████████████████████████████▀
     ▀▀██████████████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Majormax
Legendary

Activity: 2534
Merit: 1129

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2018, 11:14:04 PM

Still looks rather bullish and including a 2018 'moonshot'. I can relate to the points mentioned in that list of possible events.

Too much interest in blockchain right now for a 2-3 year crypto winter to appear.

I said the same in Jan 2014, and the winter was  nearly 3 years.  It can easily happen again.

In fact I think it would be a positive development for long term adoption. Real-world development can continue, untroubled by excessive speculation.

If the chart wave is similar, we could be looking at a BTC low ~$2000 in mid 2020
Wekkel
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531

yes

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 10:46:08 AM

If the chart wave is similar, we could be looking at a BTC low ~$2000 in mid 2020

That’s right around the halvening. I do not see that happening. I’d rather think of a 2013 redux with a new ‘bubble’ after this ‘correction’. The market interest in this phenomenon is just too strong.

bigtimespaghetti
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

bigtimespaghetti.com

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2018, 10:52:17 AM

That’s right around the halvening. I do not see that happening. I’d rather think of a 2013 redux with a new ‘bubble’ after this ‘correction’. The market interest in this phenomenon is just too strong.

this time it's different?

this is bear man. we're perma rekt for at least a month or two. Probably more.

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
       ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
    █▓░   ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
Physical Coin Making Guide Book and eBook- Make your own physical crypto coins and wallets!
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
    ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
  █▓░     ░░▒▓█
█▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
        ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
     █▓░     ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
Wekkel
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531

yes

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 01:17:52 PM

A minimum 2 month lingering period seems in the cards indeed. Back to work I guess  Kiss

bigtimespaghetti
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

bigtimespaghetti.com

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2018, 01:26:10 PM

A minimum 2 month lingering period seems in the cards indeed. Back to work I guess  Kiss

hehe Yup! doesn't mean we can't take advantages of bounces along the way.

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
       ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
    ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░   ░░▒▓█
    █▓░   ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
     █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
   █▓▒░     ░▒▓█
Physical Coin Making Guide Book and eBook- Make your own physical crypto coins and wallets!
  ▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
    ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
  █▓░     ░░▒▓█
█▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░▒▓█

▓▒░   ░░▒▓▓
     ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
   ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
        ▓▒░    ░░▒▓█
     █▓░     ░░▒▓█
  █▓▒░     ░░▒▓█
Majormax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2018, 12:10:16 AM

A year or two more like. Bear markets last much longer than 2 months.

Low of ~$2000 on BTC.

That would simply be a regular continuation of the price waves since 2010.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10148

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 12:33:10 AM

Low of ~$2000 on BTC.

Majormax:  You seem to be assuming that we are in an early 2014 type price dynamics scenario rather than in a early 2013 type scenario... accordingly, you seem to be assuming the beginning of a bear market and we are less than two months into a correction (max retracement currently at 61% from $19,666 to $7625).   

There are a lot of folks who are grappling with a prediction in that regard, yet not too many folks are going to assume the beginning of a bear market based on both sparce evidence and less than two month passage of time from our most recent ATH.   It seems that you are taking the less likely scenario and assuming it to be the absolute correct one - especially when you are labelling our current status as a "bear market".

In other words, I don't think that it is fair to automatically assume either one scenario over another or even to assume the seemingly less likely scenario of a supposed bear market without a certain degree of evidence to support your seemingly presumptive, at best, labelling.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
ssmc2
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1040

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 12:33:17 AM

Low of ~$2000 on BTC.

If this is a correction reminiscent of April 2013 then we're only looking at a 2-3 month recovery from this point.
MNDan

Activity: 287
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 06:04:24 AM

Low of ~$2000 on BTC.

If this is a correction reminiscent of April 2013 then we're only looking at a 2-3 month recovery from this point.

Indeed - no crypto winter this time around. Just fueling the rocket boosters...
Afrikoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 07:08:55 AM

If grandma is to be believed, the worst is over.

my comprehension is not helping with determining the timing of this movement.
year(s)-ish, maybe months.  How's that for precision?

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

Afrikoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 07:16:21 AM

"Re-fueling the rocket boosters"

I like that and i think that is what is happening. The amount of attention from the public after the run up to $20k has brought in crowds multiple times over.

So i dont expect us to go down too much.

$6k on the table for sure.

There is no doom, sometime between now and August/September we'll start heading back up. Question is, how low does this *correction* touch?

I need to spend a day studying charts to come up with a refined target. But the fibonacci retracemnet levels combined with targets for typical and atypical wave 4s and perhaps sprinkle in some EMA should give us a clue.

Remember, corrections can go as low as 82% retrace without invalidating wave 4 as long as its still above the wave 1 peak.

I have mostly been looking at EOS which is also in a correction.

EOS is correlated with BTC, so i would be watching EOS to know when we've hit bottom (bar the pumps from EOS announcements)

Also i will add EOS is holding better than BTC in terms of correcting. I think this speaks to how solid a project it is. If you are thinking of buying something else, EOS is a buy with atleast 10X potential from current price. Coupled with potential for fork rewards and airdrops.

Best,
Afrikoin

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

Afrikoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 07:19:54 AM

I also think the current rise is temporary and we'll be heading back down after a local top

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

yul2k6

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2018, 07:24:50 AM

Hey Afrikoin  thanks for the updates and what do you think is going to be the local top
Majormax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2018, 01:36:05 AM

Majormax:  You seem to be assuming that we are in an early 2014 type price dynamics scenario rather than in a early 2013 type scenario... accordingly, you seem to be assuming the beginning of a bear market and we are less than two months into a correction (max retracement currently at 61% from $19,666 to $7625).   

There are a lot of folks who are grappling with a prediction in that regard, yet not too many folks are going to assume the beginning of a bear market based on both sparce evidence and less than two month passage of time from our most recent ATH.   It seems that you are taking the less likely scenario and assuming it to be the absolute correct one - especially when you are labelling our current status as a "bear market".

In other words, I don't think that it is fair to automatically assume either one scenario over another or even to assume the seemingly less likely scenario of a supposed bear market without a certain degree of evidence to support your seemingly presumptive, at best, labelling.

Agree.  Difficult to call which one is correct without further price action.

The lost dominance (over alts) of BTC this time around also clouds the picture, but we have to make some educated guesses, and watch for confirmation.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10148

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 02:37:41 AM
Merited by Majormax (2)

Majormax:  You seem to be assuming that we are in an early 2014 type price dynamics scenario rather than in a early 2013 type scenario... accordingly, you seem to be assuming the beginning of a bear market and we are less than two months into a correction (max retracement currently at 61% from $19,666 to $7625).  

There are a lot of folks who are grappling with a prediction in that regard, yet not too many folks are going to assume the beginning of a bear market based on both sparce evidence and less than two month passage of time from our most recent ATH.   It seems that you are taking the less likely scenario and assuming it to be the absolute correct one - especially when you are labelling our current status as a "bear market".

Agree.  Difficult to call which one is correct without further price action.

The lost dominance (over alts) of BTC this time around also clouds the picture, but we have to make some educated guesses, and watch for confirmation.

I understand that I am quibbling here and there with your representations, yet I would like to assert that your framing "BTC's lost dominance over alts" as if it were a negative picture about BTC.. maybe you are not saying that, but your word choice causes those kinds of inferences for me.

Do you recall throughout most of 2017, and perhaps even starting in 2016, there were a shitload of claims attempting to describe negative inferences towards bitcoin regarding the domination index, yet the fact of the matter remains that bitcoin went up a good 20x during these many claims about bitcoin supposedly experiencing meaningful competition.  Sure there are dynamics there that show that a lot of money has been pouring into the crypto space, yet I think that frequently there are erroneous claims being made about bitcoin's supposed weakness relative to the price movement of several other coin market cap coins - which frequently are just a bunch a distracting and misleading information - and if Ripple does not demonstrate that fact as an extreme, then there are a lot of misleading aspects regarding dominance and BTC's relative dominance.

Even though money moving around into various coins can have both its good and its bad aspects, I think that there are various bullish scenarios in which the total amount of money in the space shows some additional ability of bitcoin's market cap and price to go up - even while sometimes the implosions and explosions of alts can have short term price impacts on bitcoin, too.

Majormax:  I am not arguing that you are oblivious about these confusing, contradictory and even "clouding" as you proclaimed, dynamics, yet I am still quibbling a bit with both your word choice and the fact that you wanted to reiterate it as a possible influential BTC price dynamics factor.

1) Self-Custody is a right.  There is no such thing as "non-custodial" or "un-hosted."  2) ESG, KYC & AML are attack-vectors on Bitcoin to be avoided or minimized.  3) How much alt (shit)coin diversification is necessary? if you are into Bitcoin, then 0%......if you cannot control your gambling, then perhaps limit your alt(shit)coin exposure to less than 10% of your bitcoin size...Put BTC here: bc1q49wt0ddnj07wzzp6z7affw9ven7fztyhevqu9k
Majormax
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2018, 09:19:00 AM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

JayJuanGee:

Thanks for the interesting comments.

'Lost dominance' just means that alts have a larger share of market cap, therefore the capital flows that used to drive BTC price are changed in a meaningful way from the driving force they used to be (they have alternative places to go)....... That might or might not be a positive , but it could alter the repeating pattern of the long term chart in some way.

So I just used it as a caveat to say that the fractal nature of the long term chart could be interrupted now (either way)

The term dominance has always been used by Coinmarketcap so should not carry any bias.

I try to choose neutral terms, and it is always interesting to see how they are interpreted : a kind of a straw poll of sentiment.

You are quibbling I guess, but good quibbling often leads to novel ideas.  I read your post as finding negatives about BTC in my 'neutral' comments.

These are just semantics.  There are always different ways to see price moves. Most people start with a fixed view and interpret charts the way they need to.

Afrikoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 06:28:04 AM

Digital cash is the ‘killer feature’ in Satoshi white paper, says Bitcoin ABC’s Amaury Sechet

https://coingeek.com/digital-cash-killer-feature-satoshi-white-paper-says-bitcoin-abcs-amaury-sechet-video/

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

Afrikoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 11:40:55 AM

Testimony on “Virtual Currencies: The Oversight Role of the U.S. Securities and Exchange
Commission and the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission”
by
Jay Clayton
Chairman, U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission https://www.banking.senate.gov/public/_cache/files/a5e72ac6-4f8a-473f-9c9c-e2894573d57d/BF62433A09A9B95A269A29E1FF13D2BA.clayton-testimony-2-6-18.pdf

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

Afrikoin (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 06, 2018, 11:48:29 AM
Merited by Tzupy (1)

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

Pages: « 1 ... 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 [193] 194 195 196 197 198 »
  Print  

Jump to: