Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 01:41:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Trezor Compromised? Broke? Help!  (Read 1928 times)
Dire (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

Crypto-Games.net: DICE and SLOT

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 06:34:32 PM

Frankly, I know this is impossible... yet I just can't get my head around it as it seems to be the case (as far as I can see.)

Perhaps someone else can work it out, because I sure can't.

I have about 3.1 or so BTC in a Trezor... or at least should.

the majority should be at this address and somewhere in the region of 2.8+ or so: https://blockchain.info/address/15A6kTYaoTBdT4acEqUKWsJDYGAdBocDP7

That address is saying I only have  0.428 BTC. But my total Trezor account is saying different (see image below)... and there are only three addresses on it. The transaction of 2.069 BTC at the above address I never made - I don't even have those addresses in my multi-sig that it was sent to - and it's not recorded on my transaction list either - see pic below.

Between the other two addresses there is only about 0.27 total (give or take)

On blockchain, it looks to have occurred on the 23/8. Yet look on my transaction list screen shot at the 23rd. Nothing. No record of that at all.

Can some one please explain this to me? A large chunk of my BTC has just gone???

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinNewsMagazine
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1164

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2015, 06:56:50 PM

Frankly, I know this is impossible... yet I just can't get my head around it as it seems to be the case (as far as I can see.)

Perhaps someone else can work it out, because I sure can't.

I have about 3.1 or so BTC in a Trezor... or at least should.

the majority should be at this address and somewhere in the region of 2.8+ or so: https://blockchain.info/address/15A6kTYaoTBdT4acEqUKWsJDYGAdBocDP7

That address is saying I only have  0.428 BTC. But my total Trezor account is saying different (see image below)... and there are only three addresses on it. The transaction of 2.069 BTC at the above address I never made - I don't even have those addresses in my multi-sig that it was sent to - and it's not recorded on my transaction list either - see pic below.

Between the other two addresses there is only about 0.27 total (give or take)

On blockchain, it looks to have occurred on the 23/8. Yet look on my transaction list screen shot at the 23rd. Nothing. No record of that at all.

Can some one please explain this to me? A large chunk of my BTC has just gone???

Relax you have not lost any bitcoin. Someone would have to compromize your Trezor to steal the private keys and that has never happened.

Your MyWallet account is showing the total bitcoin your own.  The address 15A6kTYaoTBdT4acEqUKWsJDYGAdBocDP7 only holds .108 bitcoin verified both in your MyWallet account and the blockchain. The rest of your bitcoin are held at other addresses. Check the receive and send tabs.  On receive tab click the chevron to show previous addresses. Hope this helps!

Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2015, 07:00:04 PM

Trezor is an HD hardware wallet. The balance it reflects is the balance of your whole account, not just that address. You probably can see all your used addresses in 'Receive' tab. You may also verify by going to 'Send' tab and see if you can send that amount.

Note: I don't have Trezor, so I haven't used myTREZOR web wallet.

Edit:

-snip-
The address 15A6kTYaoTBdT4acEqUKWsJDYGAdBocDP7 only holds .108 bitcoin verified both in your MyWallet account and the blockchain.
 -snip-

15A6kTYaoTBdT4acEqUKWsJDYGAdBocDP7 has 0.428BTC.

Dire (OP)

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 07:02:46 PM

Relax you have not lost any bitcoin. Someone would have to compromize your Trezor to steal the private keys and that has never happened.

Your MyWallet account is showing the total bitcoin your own.  The address 15A6kTYaoTBdT4acEqUKWsJDYGAdBocDP7    only holds .108 bitcoin verified both in your MyWallet account and the blockchain. The rest of your bitcoin are held at other addresses. Check the receive and send tabs.  On receive tab click the chevron to show previous addresses. Hope this helps!

Thanks, but I've done that already, the address isn't there.

It looks like it's this address where the funds went to the tune of 1.8685 ?: https://blockchain.info/address/1DEo27QbJL9t2cqoqTFkUtxacxTs3QaM7F 

But that's not one of mine. There are only three addresses in my Trezor, and that's not one of them (previous or otherwise.)

What am I missing here?
Dire (OP)

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 07:15:59 PM

You actually have more than three, click the receiving address and you will keep having more generate, that's how trezor works when you have those seed words you are generating more than a standard wallet. You should have around 12 wallet address if I am correct.

So you mean it's entirely possible that I have other addresses that I have never generated myself or can see? Because I only can see three I use and there is another that is just there.
Muhammed Zakir

Activity: 560
Merit: 506

I prefer Zakir over Muhammed when mentioning me!

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2015, 07:20:00 PM

Copy your xpub key and check your balance using https://www.blockonomics.co/. See if the balance is same as it is showing in myTREZOR. If not, it maybe a bug.

P.S. Please move this to 'Alternative Clients' child-board.

Dire (OP)

View Profile
August 25, 2015, 07:30:57 PM

Copy your xpub key and check your balance using https://www.blockonomics.co/. See if the balance is same as it is showing in myTREZOR. If not, it maybe a bug.

P.S. Please move this to 'Alternative Clients' child-board.

Thanks. Will do. I managed to transfer the BTC as you suggested.

Well how trezor works is it will show you your balance when it is plugged in, this is the combined balance of all your wallets. Now when you send money it will sometimes move a bit over to your other wallets just like here : my personal wallet https://blockchain.info/address/1Lr7K4RQaWPVcXKbBEQ39mwW45D4jcBsfa

I sent .1 to someone not .7, when i saw a .84 I sure was concerned and then realized that one of my other addresses and I still have that coin.

Thanks for explaining this, I appreciate it. I feel real dumb for not knowing it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: