Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:20:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: So, stock exchange is not allowed in usa using bitcoins?  (Read 11555 times)
scrybe

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 11, 2012, 01:52:50 AM

Complying with the law is the best option, and I'd like to enhance your knowledge of this process. A clean, legal SEC-registered OTCBB shell company will run higher than most people's idea of pocket change. Please do your Due Diligence, YMMV. Also, you certainly must be registered with the SEC, unless you are classified under a Regulation D exemption.

A clean, legal SEC-registered OTCBB shell company for less than the price of a pizza! That is actually quite cool.

Diclaimer: Pizzas have depreciated drastically, I hear they are a lot less than ten grand now. Smiley

-MarkM- (Yes in bitcoin of course. This is a bitcoin forum, isn't it? Wink)

Wow, obtuse much? Wink

So you are thinking $120k range?

Seems like the cost/benefit ratio should tip over that before too long, I wonder how much pent up demand will cause weirdness in the meantime.

"...as simple as possible, but no simpler" -AE
BTC/TRC/FRC: 1ScrybeSNcjqgpPeYNgvdxANArqoC6i5u Ripple:rf9gutfmGB8CH39W2PCeRbLWMKRauYyVfx LTC:LadmiD6tXq7gFZvMibhFUZegUHKXgbu1Gb

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2012, 01:57:35 AM

I only read the first two listings. They said less than 100,000 of some kind of fiat using a $ so I am thinking maybe USD.

It was such a nice power of ten number I stuck with powers of ten.

Also, were pizzas really ten grand each or was it two pizzas for ten grand?

So yeah I fudged the math. Who'd'a thunk anyone in a math-meets-finance forum woulda noticed? Smiley Cheesy

-MarkM-

P.S. Plus, my internet marketing copy skills must be rusty as you don't sound like you followed the link. Smiley

P.P.S. Lets blame that on the author quoted. Its his copy's link, afterall. Cheesy

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
scrybe

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 11, 2012, 02:18:45 PM

P.S. Plus, my internet marketing copy skills must be rusty as you don't sound like you followed the link. Smiley

P.P.S. Lets blame that on the author quoted. Its his copy's link, afterall. Cheesy

Given the standard trust level he established I waited till I could get to get a secure VM running before following the link.

Very interesting, some listing are as low as 40k, some have I story and capital as well. Thanks for pointing it out. Not that I'm in position to take advantage of it, but others might be able to see a business plan that would work.

I'm glad I didn't have to buy Pizza in your neighborhood!

"...as simple as possible, but no simpler" -AE
BTC/TRC/FRC: 1ScrybeSNcjqgpPeYNgvdxANArqoC6i5u Ripple:rf9gutfmGB8CH39W2PCeRbLWMKRauYyVfx LTC:LadmiD6tXq7gFZvMibhFUZegUHKXgbu1Gb
galambo

Activity: 966
Merit: 311

View Profile
October 11, 2012, 09:43:32 PM

Given the standard trust level he established I waited till I could get to get a secure VM running before following the link.

Very interesting, some listing are as low as 40k, some have I story and capital as well. Thanks for pointing it out. Not that I'm in position to take advantage of it, but others might be able to see a business plan that would work.

I'm glad I didn't have to buy Pizza in your neighborhood!

The low priced ones probably have a history you don't want to be involved in, like being shells from former pump and dump scheme, have outstanding judgments and/or liens against them, or have some sort of poison pills in their charter. Which means whoever buys out the shell is on hook for paying a lot of money. It could possibly ruin you no matter how much money you have.

One of these in good condition probably costs 150,000$ at the very least, and because of the way economics works it would probably cost you much more than that to form one from nothing.
BlackHeartFund

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 12, 2012, 05:49:41 PM

I don't think currently there is anyone have enough knowledge about BTC from legal point of view, it is a totally different mindset when working with an internet currency, lot's of things are virtual, and our traditional laws mostly apply to physical things

See this is a misnomer

If buying drugs with dollars on the street corner is illegal, then buying drugs over the internet using bitcoins is just as illegal.  Bitcoin doesn't "magic" away laws simply because ... Bitcoin.
Likewise if GLBSE was (and it was) accepted USD deposits and was in violation of US securities law then accepting Bitcoins didn't magically put it out of the jurisdiction of the law.    So a potential business owner has two options.  Make your business legal within the lat (MtGox) or accept it is illegal and take steps to ensure the law can't reach you (Silk Road).  GLBSE did neither.  It was blatantly in violation of US securities law yet remained publicly known and operated from a state with close ties to the US.

+1

This exactly. BTC had nothing to do with what happened to GLBSE, and what will (I personally hope) eventually happen to Silk Road and other illegal sites. Doesn't matter what currency they are using, they were and are doing illegal things. Businesses selling legal products and services, and charities accepting legitimate donations have never had legal problems because of BTC as far as I know. MTGOX legal cases seem to be going in their favour.

Bitcoin will be in a lot of trouble for a long time if all it's known for is selling drugs and laundering money. We need a lot more real business and charitable successes if we are going to make BTC a legitimate, accepted currency... which I see as one of the main goals.

I understand the idealism of running an underground site like Silk Road with hidden money, but I don't think that's really what bitcoin is good for. When the US really puts effort into shutting down silk road, they'll do it. I'm not trying to be a buzz kill, I am not a drug prohibitionist, but using BTC for illegal drug dealing is not only bad for bitcoin, it's fucking dangerous for the people who buy it, and there are 30 year federal prison sentences waiting somewhere for a few really smart college stoners who had a brilliant idea one night. While we are all still physically governed by the laws of our respective states, we should work to end drug prohibition, rather than trying to use bitcoin to skirt local laws.

You summed up GLBSE perfectly. He was in the right place at the right time and exposed what turned out to be the massive potential of a BTC securities exchange, but how he expected to run something so complex without visiting a lawyer first I can't understand. Expense number one when setting up a financial services company: legal fees. It was such a great platform and such a needed tool that people jumped all over it without thinking it through. He had no plan to operate a legitimate security exchange in the country he was based in, let alone the countries of the people he was allowing to buy securities. It's an extremely regulated market globally for obvious reasons, and GLBSE went into it with a script and a virtual office. As mentioned we need either a tightly regulated exchange where everyone plays by the rules, or a totally anonymous one where everything is hidden, and people have the risk of being shut down at any time. I think the former would be better for BTC, but the market will probably create both. Hopefully we'll have many exchanges so we have competition... or someone can crack the code of creating a P2P exchange.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  

Jump to: