Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 01:39:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Transaction hex security issue  (Read 794 times)
init1 (OP)

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 06, 2015, 06:40:06 AM

Hello!

I have security issue. For example I prepared p2sh address, created rawTx and signed it. As a result, have got tx hex with status 'true'. Can I share final tx hex ? Can some body decrypt final tx hex and get private keys and destination address ?  

BR!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jl777
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2015, 06:49:33 AM

Hello!

I have security issue. For example I prepared p2sh address, created rawTx and signed it. As a result, have got tx hex with status 'true'. Can I share final tx hex ? Can some body decrypt final tx hex and get private keys and destination address ?  

BR!
as long as you used high entropy R value, your privkey should be safe. However, the destination address should be viewable by anybody that does a decoderawtransaction as it isnt encrypted and just packed in the txbytes https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Transaction

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET
achow101
Legendary
expert

Activity: 3388
Merit: 6578

Just writing some code

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2015, 02:28:32 PM

Hello!

BR!
The tx hex is what will be broadcasted, and is what is normally broadcasted by nodes. Everything is safe provided that you used r values of enough entropy in the signing (which it should have if you used Bitcoin Core). Everyone can get the destination address(es) since that is publicly available information in all transactions. The private keys cannot be retrieved unless the r values are predictable and the tx is not encrypted so decrypting is not an option.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: