Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 10:16:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: So it looks like I can get some Antminer s2's for $200  (Read 750 times)
Beefcake (OP)

Activity: 279
Merit: 132

Beefcake!!!

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 11:49:48 PM

I have some umisoo hash, and it will be converted to hardware soon.  The cost to ship each unit will be $200 or so.  This seems like a lot!  I don't see very many of the units on sale anywhere, so I have no idea what the resale would realistically be if I wanted to sell them.

Is this a reasonable price, or is it, as I suspect, more than the units are worth?
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
flikflak

Activity: 408
Merit: 259

View Profile
August 28, 2015, 12:08:32 AM

wait 4 more days $ 200 each is a bit pricey just for covering shipping costs.
Beefcake (OP)

Beefcake!!!

View Profile
August 28, 2015, 12:19:44 AM

wait 4 more days $ 200 each is a bit pricey just for covering shipping costs.

Thanks, I didn't think to check on ebay for some reason!

I might get one just for "fun" mining.
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
August 28, 2015, 10:12:14 AM

Unless your electric is VERY cheap, you'll be throwing money away.
 Might help some if you can undervolt the S2 as much as an S1 can be undervolted, but you'll still never RoI the things unless you have essentially free electric (using them as space heaters in a home with electric heat, for example).

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
Beefcake (OP)

Beefcake!!!

View Profile
August 28, 2015, 02:41:10 PM

Unless your electric is VERY cheap, you'll be throwing money away.
 Might help some if you can undervolt the S2 as much as an S1 can be undervolted, but you'll still never RoI the things unless you have essentially free electric (using them as space heaters in a home with electric heat, for example).

Yeah, it would be nice in the winter.  I wasn't thinking of roi, more of a toy for mining alts. And a piece of bitcoin history I guess.  Maybe I will start a museum!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: