Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 12:17:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: We're on the knifes edge  (Read 3522 times)
altcoinUK

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 02, 2015, 01:30:26 PM

The truth is, Killing bitcoin would be the best thing ever hapened.

Because when governments killed bitcoin, it will come again; bigger/longer/uncut/stronger/faster/better.

I hope you are right, and as history indicates governments eventually retreat you could be right, it would be wonderful because that means that at end of that process our governments will be more democratic and less totalitarian, but there are few issues with your optimism. The first one is that the current shape and demographics of Bitcoin doesn't really justify such optimism about a strong come back. Currently Bitcoin is dominated by Chinese and you shouldn't expect from the traditionally loyal East Asians citizens to stand up to totalitarian oppression. Try it, go ahead and criticize a fucking communist leader or the fucking undemocratic Chinese political system front of a Chinese and you will see the reaction: your audience will be offended how dare you are to criticise their communist dear leaders. Those Chinese Bitcoin supporters will never challenge the authority of government. They take advantage of the system, as usual use this western innovation but don't expect the Chinese will save Bitcoin. If it happens what you predict - and again, I hope it will eventually happen - then that will be driven from the west, but the issue is that Bitcoin in the west struggles to gain popularity, so it will be a long-long process. Also, the west is not in a lot better shape at all than Asian societies (terms of resistance to the government), but at least here we have some traditions of standing up for human rights and democracy which could be the base for the resistance about Bitcoin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
g-unit

Activity: 432
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 02, 2015, 01:48:51 PM

US government already imposed tax regulations for bitcoin back in early 2014...
altcoinUK

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 02, 2015, 01:56:39 PM

Thanks for the info ... I am talking about why and how the government will stop Bitcoin.
g-unit

Activity: 432
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 02, 2015, 02:01:52 PM

Thanks for the info ... I am talking about why and how the government will stop Bitcoin.

I know...I'm not sure what country you are talking about (if any in particular), but my point is that at least, so far, the US government just wants to regulate it and get their cut.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: