Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 05:06:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ♘♕♔SWING♚ ♛♞ ▬▬▬▬●Programmatically Fluctuating Miners Cost!●▬▬▬▬ Now On Bittrex!  (Read 119332 times)
murderouskirk (OP)

Activity: 938
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 05, 2015, 10:33:09 PM

Guys I think we could use a specialized trading chart.

Does anyone know if the tradingview api lets you put in more than a price line?

Would love to see a decent looking chart with:

Price
Volume
POS reward
POW reward
Estimated miners cost

Maybe even more info like:
Total Supply
Order book depth
etc...

Anyone know how we could get such a thing?

9,696.65591681 SWING seed coins remain

Presstab has some awesome features on his website: http://www.presstab.pw/phpexplorer/HYP/index.php

Thanks just reached out to him. If anyone else knows of charting solutions or is capable of making custom charts let me know!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
murderouskirk (OP)

View Profile
September 05, 2015, 11:30:53 PM

Chatting with a developer frind atm to see if that chart is even possible.

Trying to figure out how to estimate the miners cost per coin.

I.E if a miner broke a block right now, how much would 1 Swing be worth to them?

generally you'd just see how much you spent and how many coins you got and do the math. But to estimate that?

Nicehash has an API that we could probably use to get an estimated cost of mining, but then what?

suchpool doesn't seem to have an api either but we can pull the difficulty and expected reward from the wallet.

Disclamer* Not saying we will get this custom chart for sure, just looking into it still.
murderouskirk (OP)

View Profile
September 06, 2015, 01:52:42 AM
Last edit: September 06, 2015, 02:03:33 AM by murderouskirk

Sup Dev, and fellow Swingers  Wink

I've noticed something off with the wallet:

I've made two deposits today, from exchange to wallet.  The transaction itself works flawlessly (and FAST!), but the notification bubble doesn't pop up on the taskbar (which says incoming transaction) for HOURS!

I know it isn't that big of a deal, nothing risky, but shouldn't I get a notification approximately the same time it actually deposits into my wallet?

I keep thinking there are extra deposits incoming  Cry

Cheers!  Cheesy

I was not able to replicate this issue. Is anyone else having this problem?

I've noticed that sometimes when I stake a block the notification bubble doesn't get dismissed if I don't click anywhere or hit any keys, so if I glance over at it later it's still there and I briefly think I may have gotten a payment. Is that what you are experiencing or delayed notifications? That's the closest I've been able to come to replicating the issue you described.
OBAViJEST

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2015, 02:03:14 AM

I've made two deposits today, from exchange to wallet.  The transaction itself works flawlessly (and FAST!), but the notification bubble doesn't pop up on the taskbar (which says incoming transaction) for HOURS!

I know it isn't that big of a deal, nothing risky, but shouldn't I get a notification approximately the same time it actually deposits into my wallet?

Cheers!  Cheesy

I've noticed that sometimes when I stake a block the notification bubble doesn't get dismissed, so if I glance over at it later it's still there and I briefly think I may have gotten a payment. Is that what you are experiencing or delayed notifications? That's the closest I've been able to come to replicating the issue you described.

I don't think it's a dismissal error, but then again I've always closed the bubble manually.  Although the two times I did have incoming deposits, I can say with 100% certainty that it was a delayed notification.  I'd replicate it again if I could, just to see if it's my client in particular bugging out...but I got no SWING to bring in lol  Cheesy that and my stake time has been on '3 hours remaining' for....two hours now!  I'll let you know if I hit a block...
murderouskirk (OP)

View Profile
September 06, 2015, 02:05:10 AM

Cheers!  Cheesy

I've noticed that sometimes when I stake a block the notification bubble doesn't get dismissed, so if I glance over at it later it's still there and I briefly think I may have gotten a payment. Is that what you are experiencing or delayed notifications? That's the closest I've been able to come to replicating the issue you described.

I don't think it's a dismissal error, but then again I've always closed the bubble manually.  Although the two times I did have incoming deposits, I can say with 100% certainty that it was a delayed notification.  I'd replicate it again if I could, just to see if it's my client in particular bugging out...but I got no SWING to bring in lol  Cheesy that and my stake time has been on '3 hours remaining' for....two hours now!  I'll let you know if I hit a block...

Alright Smiley

Keep in mind that time is just a guestimate. If net weight or POS difficulty went up that would explain your estimate not going down. Just let it sit you should break blocks eventually.  Smiley
OBAViJEST

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2015, 04:35:20 AM

Cheers!  Cheesy

Alright Smiley

Keep in mind that time is just a guestimate. If net weight or POS difficulty went up that would explain your estimate not going down. Just let it sit you should break blocks eventually.  Smiley

I've just noticed my wallet says 'out of sync' now?  I have 7 active connections, it's been running all day, but my 'three hours remaining' is still present.  Any ideas why this is happening?
TheInfidel

Activity: 532

Better die on your feet, than live on your knees

View Profile
September 06, 2015, 04:46:28 AM

I have 17 connections in my wallet, just received another stake of 5.21 coins.
So for me it is working flawlessly.

kevin1234a
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

Decentralizing Jesus on the Blockchain

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2015, 05:34:32 AM

can you share your node list?

OBAViJEST

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2015, 05:36:46 AM

can you share your node list?

Are you having problems similar to mine? (two posts up)
fonzerrellie
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

Kaspa

View Profile
September 06, 2015, 05:37:29 AM

seems to build weight slowly, but I'm finding blocks... I figure you would need to have over 1000 coins to get it to say less than an hours wait

not having any syncing issues

#Expanse $EXP 500 transactions 4 .1 EXP 1st Clone of ETH 
WAVES
murderouskirk (OP)

View Profile
September 06, 2015, 05:03:43 PM

8251.67654265 Swing remains. (5%!)
HashStatz

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 06, 2015, 06:10:58 PM

6%

10,518.40571681 Swing remains.

Caught up with all swaps let me know if you didn't get your coins by now.

To those who seem stuck, have you gotten the rest of the chain yet?

Have you tried restarting the wallet?

Sometimes it just hangs for a little bit and catches up eventually. But if it's been hours I'd try restarting the wallet / maybe your pc. If that doesn't work maybe try backing up your wallet.dat and deleting everything else in the swing folder in roaming then starting it back up to redownload from the start.

Tried restarting wallet, then rebooting the machine still stuck at block 3013 a couple hours later. I will try installing the wallet and restoring it later today.

Let me know how it goes. I can't think of many reasons this would happen.

So i installed the swing wallet using my wallet.dat as a different user on the same box. This time i got stuck at block 3004, but i was able to transfer my coins to yobit.

With my coins safe at yobit i removed the old original wallet and compiled a fresh wallet with a new wallet.dat file hoping this would resolve my issues, but once again it got stuck on block 3004.
murderouskirk (OP)

View Profile
September 06, 2015, 06:54:45 PM

6%

10,518.40571681 Swing remains.

Caught up with all swaps let me know if you didn't get your coins by now.

To those who seem stuck, have you gotten the rest of the chain yet?

Have you tried restarting the wallet?

Sometimes it just hangs for a little bit and catches up eventually. But if it's been hours I'd try restarting the wallet / maybe your pc. If that doesn't work maybe try backing up your wallet.dat and deleting everything else in the swing folder in roaming then starting it back up to redownload from the start.

Tried restarting wallet, then rebooting the machine still stuck at block 3013 a couple hours later. I will try installing the wallet and restoring it later today.

Let me know how it goes. I can't think of many reasons this would happen.

So i installed the swing wallet using my wallet.dat as a different user on the same box. This time i got stuck at block 3004, but i was able to transfer my coins to yobit.

With my coins safe at yobit i removed the old original wallet and compiled a fresh wallet with a new wallet.dat file hoping this would resolve my issues, but once again it got stuck on block 3004.

very strange... I just checked the seed node to make sure everything was ok there and it's up to date at 6070. Yobit is also at 6070 as well as my personal wallets. Maybe try giving it one more fresh install and let it sit a little longer this time. I can get get you my peers file if you think that would help too. I've got 14 connections right now.
murderouskirk (OP)

View Profile
September 06, 2015, 07:02:38 PM

Here's a peers.dat from 9/6/15 2:57PM EST with 14 connections. Just do the initial startup to get your base files, close the wallet (backup your wallet.dat if neccessary), replace peers.dat, and start the wallet back up. You should get more connections faster. If you wait too long from the time of upload it may not work as well but I can always get you a fresh copy.

https://mega.nz/#!fZBWkI7T!0FbVukLFRcxl6jc3ieiWvN0A98VSIK2cgfxLOV8brLY

OBAViJEST

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2015, 07:17:37 PM

Here's a peers.dat from 9/6/15 2:57PM EST with 14 connections. Just do the initial startup to get your base files, close the wallet (backup your wallet.dat if neccessary), replace peers.dat, and start the wallet back up. You should get more connections faster. If you wait too long from the time of upload it may not work as well but I can always get you a fresh copy.

Thanks for this!

Guess what - as soon as I withdrew my coins back into the wallet....BAM! Instant notification balloon.  Not only that...BAM! No notification lingered!

Don't know what the problem was, but all caught up now.

Only downside is my coins aren't mature any more  Cry

Appreciate the help Cheesy
murderouskirk (OP)

View Profile
September 06, 2015, 10:35:03 PM

Thanks for this!

Guess what - as soon as I withdrew my coins back into the wallet....BAM! Instant notification balloon.  Not only that...BAM! No notification lingered!

Don't know what the problem was, but all caught up now.

Only downside is my coins aren't mature any more  Cry

Appreciate the help Cheesy

Good to hear!  Grin

7,200.57714265 SWING seed coins remain (4.5%)
HashStatz

View Profile
September 07, 2015, 12:33:22 AM
Last edit: September 07, 2015, 04:17:49 PM by HashStatz

I have a fresh wallet compiled and ready to fire up, murderouskirk I should be online for the next 5 hours if your available to post an updated copy of your peers.dat i will try again.

murderouskirk i should be popping online every hour or so all day so if your available to post an updated copy of your peers.dat i will try again (not really sure if thats the issue though as i have lots of connections).

Thanks for the help.
murderouskirk (OP)

View Profile
September 07, 2015, 07:18:51 PM

I have a fresh wallet compiled and ready to fire up, murderouskirk I should be online for the next 5 hours if your available to post an updated copy of your peers.dat i will try again.

murderouskirk i should be popping online every hour or so all day so if your available to post an updated copy of your peers.dat i will try again (not really sure if thats the issue though as i have lots of connections).

Thanks for the help.

Sorry HashStatz I was away from my pc. Did you try it with the uploaded peers.dat?

On a similar note, if anyone wants to spin up Swing on a serer and share the IP we can put it as an addnode in the example config for better network connections.
murderouskirk (OP)

View Profile
September 07, 2015, 08:43:43 PM

I will be away from my pc till tomorrow afternoon sometime. If you need me reach out to me through slack (Join in my footer, PM IAm_Crypto).
HashStatz

View Profile
September 07, 2015, 09:03:45 PM

Thanks for the help.

Sorry HashStatz I was away from my pc. Did you try it with the uploaded peers.dat?

On a similar note, if anyone wants to spin up Swing on a serer and share the IP we can put it as an addnode in the example config for better network connections.

Ya i tryed your peer file, but still got stuck at block 3004 with 36 connections. I am running this on a VPS and would be happy to setup as a node if i can get everything working correctly.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  

Jump to: