Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 06:48:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ♘♕♔SWING♚ ♛♞ ▬▬▬▬●Programmatically Fluctuating Miners Cost!●▬▬▬▬ Now On Bittrex!  (Read 119340 times)
HashStatz

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 17, 2015, 06:31:09 PM

So if I'm to understand the OP correctly this coin has variable POS and POW depending on what block number it is when the reward is received? If that is truly the case that's kind of a pretty neat concept for this coin for sure Cheesy I'm liking it so far Wink

The POS block reward is based on the last 3 digits of the block number. Example, the block reward for block 16268 would be 2.68

The POW block reward is based on the POS reward with a multiplier of between 0.10 to 1. This multiplier is based on a 10000 block cycle.

More information and a nice graphic depicting the Swing block reward cycle can be found in the OP.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
shapetwist

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 17, 2015, 06:39:57 PM

So here we are, with a good coin that has zero market interest.

Why a good coin? Swinging rewards have never been done before. Why is that good? I believe it's a good way to reinstate fairness into the game. Yet, miners are greedy or unaware of cost vs market profit, and stakers will keep staking because the rewards are way too good.

Keep in mind that mining costs will always vary over time. This is some serious shit.

It will bring miners into swing mode, if they want their mining to pay off. They will have to adapt to the inherited swinging nature of block rewards, which is a step up in the game. They will have to be smart over their selling, and pick it up again at the smartest time.

This is why there is no market at the moment. This is new. They don't know how to handle it. They haven't yet figured out the waves. And the lurkers haven't realized the potential in this.

Time will come, either naturally, or we might need to put up some explanations/guides.

$APX - AstroPepeX - 1st AI developed ETH token
WigitGetIt
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2015, 09:38:28 PM

I think SWING is growing slowly, but steadily.  Thanks for dropping a comment shapetwist.  Grin

I was hoping I could get some retweets from folks on this https://twitter.com/wigitgetit/status/644623096507465728Grin

Don't forget we have an IRC channel https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.kiwiirc.com/#swingcoin.  I see if we can get a bot.  Maybe one that shows the mining stats and maybe the PoS stats?   Grin
murderouskirk (OP)

Activity: 938
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 18, 2015, 01:46:16 AM

So if I'm to understand the OP correctly this coin has variable POS and POW depending on what block number it is when the reward is received? If that is truly the case that's kind of a pretty neat concept for this coin for sure Cheesy I'm liking it so far Wink

So here we are, with a good coin that has zero market interest.

Why a good coin? Swinging rewards have never been done before. Why is that good? I believe it's a good way to reinstate fairness into the game. Yet, miners are greedy or unaware of cost vs market profit, and stakers will keep staking because the rewards are way too good.

Keep in mind that mining costs will always vary over time. This is some serious shit.

It will bring miners into swing mode, if they want their mining to pay off. They will have to adapt to the inherited swinging nature of block rewards, which is a step up in the game. They will have to be smart over their selling, and pick it up again at the smartest time.

This is why there is no market at the moment. This is new. They don't know how to handle it. They haven't yet figured out the waves. And the lurkers haven't realized the potential in this.

Time will come, either naturally, or we might need to put up some explanations/guides.

I think SWING is growing slowly, but steadily.  Thanks for dropping a comment shapetwist.  Grin

I was hoping I could get some retweets from folks on this https://twitter.com/wigitgetit/status/644623096507465728.  Grin

Don't forget we have an IRC channel https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.kiwiirc.com/#swingcoin.  I see if we can get a bot.  Maybe one that shows the mining stats and maybe the PoS stats?   Grin

Now you guys are starting to get it  Wink

Slow and steady. Others will start to get it.

Well said ShapeTwist especially.

That bot would be good wigit. Maybe even a twitter bot that spits out important info? Thanks for all the social networking promotion you've been doing lately btw. You've been killing it.  Grin

What we really need though is a custom chart. One that overlays price and expected rewards. Ideally with miners cost (even estimated) though that's more challenging to get. I'm looking into getting a tradingview chart made that way we have extended history and TA tools. Ideally with expected reward and some other info on it. I don't know if tradingview charts allow more than one line though. Unfortunately the developer that I was going to have make that for me is hit or miss if he's online so.. If anyone thinks they can make something like this let me know and you might get a bounty coming your way.

If all else fails I might be able to at least make the basic tradingview chart myself so we have something a little cleaner to look at. No promises though I've never done trading charts but this is what I've been looking into lately.

If people can see the impact of price vs reward easily it will likely help. Till then we're all estimating mental gaps that can be tricky and easy to not think about.
rudolfaxl
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 18, 2015, 01:01:13 PM

"+>9999%"...Wowwww, i'm wait 1 SWING : 1 BTC  Cool
WigitGetIt
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2015, 01:11:55 PM

Mining swing at https://coinking.io.  With a little over 2 th/s.  Getting the full block reward I have accumulated 197.99255051 confirmed.  My unconfirmed it 144.99569697.  Grin

NoobKidOnTheBlock

Activity: 770

FLY DONATION ADDRESS IN SIGNATURE

View Profile
September 18, 2015, 01:15:29 PM

Well so far I must say I'm liking the idea behind SWING and glad that I decided to mine a small bit for myself to test this out Cheesy lol

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇
............NoobKidOnThe.BLOCK.....

xinzark
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 18, 2015, 01:18:50 PM

false alarm Grin only one swing sold in this price, I think soon price back to previous level Smiley
BluRPie

Activity: 896
Merit: 504

View Profile
September 18, 2015, 01:39:36 PM

Got my highest PoS reward today with a 9.94 SWING, Really nice !
WigitGetIt
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2015, 01:44:47 PM

false alarm Grin only one swing sold in this price, I think soon price back to previous level Smiley

Such Market Buy  1.3 BTC Volume on Yobit.

NoobKidOnTheBlock

Activity: 770

FLY DONATION ADDRESS IN SIGNATURE

View Profile
September 18, 2015, 02:27:44 PM

Ya but look at the spread right now in the bid and asks on Yobit. More buy pressure needs to be put on because I'm not against where the asks have their sells set because this coin should be worth that much easily but the buys are way too low compared to the lowest ask price for SWING.

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇
............NoobKidOnThe.BLOCK.....

WigitGetIt
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2015, 03:44:29 PM

Ya but look at the spread right now in the bid and asks on Yobit. More buy pressure needs to be put on because I'm not against where the asks have their sells set because this coin should be worth that much easily but the buys are way too low compared to the lowest ask price for SWING.

yeah that spread is pretty big right now.  I am just happy the volume is up.  Grin
shapetwist

Activity: 504

View Profile
September 18, 2015, 06:00:42 PM

What we really need though is a custom chart. One that overlays price and expected rewards. Ideally with miners cost (even estimated) though that's more challenging to get. I'm looking into getting a tradingview chart made that way we have extended history and TA tools. Ideally with expected reward and some other info on it. I don't know if tradingview charts allow more than one line though. Unfortunately the developer that I was going to have make that for me is hit or miss if he's online so.. If anyone thinks they can make something like this let me know and you might get a bounty coming your way.

If all else fails I might be able to at least make the basic tradingview chart myself so we have something a little cleaner to look at. No promises though I've never done trading charts but this is what I've been looking into lately.

If people can see the impact of price vs reward easily it will likely help. Till then we're all estimating mental gaps that can be tricky and easy to not think about.

I'm not sure I fully understand the extent of this, but I'll gladly help with all I can.

It brings a few questions. Do you want to train everybody in order for them to become proficient in getting the most rewards regarding mining and market selling? Not sure that is the best way. Once every miner figures it out we'll see a pretty consistent wave which will not help trading imo.

I think we should encourage some thought into swing and let people figure it out, giving enough information of course.

But publishing a guide/chart that will - eventually - only explain how to profit, is a no go in my opinion.

There are many other ways in which we can spark interest. The nature of the coin will be figured out and dealt with properly once we reach the right people. And then all will happen naturally.

At this point, I'd be more concerned into finding good metaphors as explaining terms, instead of providing charts. Because, to be honest, a buy side has to be built, and that's only gonna happen if the money out there understands this whole swing thing. I'd focus on that.

$APX - AstroPepeX - 1st AI developed ETH token
ankylotic

Activity: 477
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 18, 2015, 08:12:24 PM

why does my wallet say out of sync when I have 6 active connections WTF !!!!
murderouskirk (OP)

View Profile
September 18, 2015, 08:14:43 PM

Wow, big action this morning!!

The whole book got purchased eh? I guess we can officially say Swing joined the $1+ club.. even just for a moment there haha. New ATH is .005.  Grin

I'm not sure I fully understand the extent of this, but I'll gladly help with all I can.

It brings a few questions. Do you want to train everybody in order for them to become proficient in getting the most rewards regarding mining and market selling? Not sure that is the best way. Once every miner figures it out we'll see a pretty consistent wave which will not help trading imo.

I think we should encourage some thought into swing and let people figure it out, giving enough information of course.

But publishing a guide/chart that will - eventually - only explain how to profit, is a no go in my opinion.

There are many other ways in which we can spark interest. The nature of the coin will be figured out and dealt with properly once we reach the right people. And then all will happen naturally.

At this point, I'd be more concerned into finding good metaphors as explaining terms, instead of providing charts. Because, to be honest, a buy side has to be built, and that's only gonna happen if the money out there understands this whole swing thing. I'd focus on that.

All I'm looking for is a better chart that shows both price and expected block rewards in real time. This just helps people keep track of where we are at.  Smiley
murderouskirk (OP)

View Profile
September 18, 2015, 08:15:42 PM

why does my wallet say out of sync when I have 6 active connections WTF !!!!

Can I get some specs from you?

Operating system?
32 bit or 64 bit?
GUI wallet or server wallet?

Try backing up your wallet.dat and re-downloading the chain if the problem persists.
murderouskirk (OP)

View Profile
September 18, 2015, 08:19:43 PM

cryptopaths

Activity: 616

Crypto Knight

View Profile
September 19, 2015, 05:55:22 PM

I do not think that you will be able to do it again Smiley but  cuddly that spread shrink and volume rising. good luck this coin Smiley
fonzerrellie
Legendary

Activity: 1190

Kaspa

View Profile
September 19, 2015, 07:08:48 PM

If I have btc for SWING I'm too eager to get them in my wallet staking than putting in low buys in and hope they get filled so I just buy them from the sell wall.

#Expanse $EXP 500 transactions 4 .1 EXP 1st Clone of ETH 
WAVES
WigitGetIt
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2015, 10:11:20 PM

Come to SuchPool and mine some $SWING. Rewards are at 2.10 $SWING. https://www.suchpool.pw/swing

Please retweet https://twitter.com/wigitgetit/status/645358654548348930

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  

Jump to: