Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 09:49:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ♘♕♔SWING♚ ♛♞ ▬▬▬▬●Programmatically Fluctuating Miners Cost!●▬▬▬▬ Now On Bittrex!  (Read 119337 times)
rons

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 09:36:42 AM

The wallet show out of sync Huh
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BluRPie

Activity: 896
Merit: 504

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 04:24:18 PM

Working perfectly fine here.
shapetwist

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 04:59:02 PM

You better save/backup wallet.dat and remove appdata. Then import wallet.dat again.

I think dev is looking into connectivity issues. Happens quite a lot lately.

$APX - AstroPepeX - 1st AI developed ETH token
murderouskirk (OP)

Activity: 938
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 06:25:18 PM
Last edit: October 24, 2015, 06:43:54 PM by murderouskirk

You better save/backup wallet.dat and remove appdata. Then import wallet.dat again.

I think dev is looking into connectivity issues. Happens quite a lot lately.

Yeah you need to redownload the blockchain sorry for the inconveniance. I think I've identified a connectivity upgrade but it involves a fork. I personally feel it's best to wait till we can bundle In some more upgrades (security, latest bips.. etc...) before we try to push that update. It also allows community members to discuss possible amendments like in the comment above (which I will reply to in a minute). If it helps I think you only have a chance of falling out of sync after disconnecting from the network for a while. Far as I've noticed at least.
murderouskirk (OP)

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 06:29:24 PM

I've been experimenting with different input amounts to try and increase my relative weight. I've been trying to find an equilibrium between magnitude of inputs and size of inputs. I think, it may be more profitable to stake with multiple wallet when you have more than a few thousand swing. This is because of the nStakeCombineThreshold at "1000 * COIN." I think if it were amended, then there would be a reduced incentive for someone to run multiple wallets. This idea I have is under the assumption that running multiple wallets does not give someone an unfair advantage to receive staked rewards. If running multiple wallets through VMs does constitute an unfair advantage, then perhaps an amendment of the combine threshold would eliminate or even just reduced the incentive to do so. Then again multiple wallets would make the network stronger, as long as the owner's security is top notch.

Huh

This is actually some really interesting questioning and insight thank you for posting and digging into it a little. This is exactly the kind of discussion we need to work towards improving the core. To be honest I have not dug into that portion of the code very deeply. However, I have been under the impression that coins split into two inputs when they stake not combine. Are you under the impression that they recombine when you have more than 1k? Or am I completely mistaken here?

Thanks for the discussion!  Smiley
murderouskirk (OP)

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 06:50:19 PM

Side note. I believe our fancy new price vs expected pow/pos rewards vs supply chart is about ready (it looks great). I'm hoping to get it live for you guys sometime this weekend.
quantumgravity

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2015, 09:17:35 PM

I've been experimenting with different input amounts to try and increase my relative weight. I've been trying to find an equilibrium between magnitude of inputs and size of inputs. I think, it may be more profitable to stake with multiple wallet when you have more than a few thousand swing. This is because of the nStakeCombineThreshold at "1000 * COIN." I think if it were amended, then there would be a reduced incentive for someone to run multiple wallets. This idea I have is under the assumption that running multiple wallets does not give someone an unfair advantage to receive staked rewards. If running multiple wallets through VMs does constitute an unfair advantage, then perhaps an amendment of the combine threshold would eliminate or even just reduced the incentive to do so. Then again multiple wallets would make the network stronger, as long as the owner's security is top notch.

Huh

This is actually some really interesting questioning and insight thank you for posting and digging into it a little. This is exactly the kind of discussion we need to work towards improving the core. To be honest I have not dug into that portion of the code very deeply. However, I have been under the impression that coins split into two inputs when they stake not combine. Are you under the impression that they recombine when you have more than 1k? Or am I completely mistaken here?

Thanks for the discussion!  Smiley

Yes, if you have thousands of coins in the wallet, then they will split and then recombine depending on the number of inputs your wallet has. If you have a high number of inputs, then the wallet will recombine them in chunks of 1000 coins, and then proceed to split into two inputs from there.

Here are some examples:

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/swing/tx.dws?82948.htm
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/swing/block.dws?50666.htm
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/swing/block.dws?50657.htm

If you were inclined to change the nStakeCombineThreshold in a future wallet release, it could be found at the top of the wallet.cpp file.

I think the problem with such a low amount of coins to combine can be disadvantageous to those with more than one thousand coins in their wallet because the transactions that combine your inputs destroys over 1000 stake weight and te new weight climbs more slowly. On the other hand, it gives an advantage to those with lower amounts of coins because they can achieve a closer to full stake weight with their smaller inputs, and they wan also create as many inputs as the'd like.

Although, the probability that you will hit a staked block increases with input size, so that may be the reason for the slower accumulation of weight in relation to input size.

I think if the nStakeCombineThreshold were increased to somewhere between 2500-5000 in a future release, then it would be more fair to those with medium size wallets, considering the low supply of coins. Once the supply of Swing is in the multimillions, it may make sense to adjust it down. jmho

rons

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 02:04:29 PM

Stratum port: 3388
stratum1.suchpool.pw:3388
stratum2.suchpool.pw:3388
Not normal mining     Huh
BluRPie

Activity: 896
Merit: 504

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 04:32:02 PM

Stratum port: 3388
stratum1.suchpool.pw:3388
stratum2.suchpool.pw:3388
Not normal mining     Huh

having issues mining?
quantumgravity

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2015, 11:32:47 PM

Hey everybody, I'll be raining SWING in the Yobit trollbox to try and generate interest and get some new people involved.

murderouskirk (OP)

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 11:38:53 PM

Status report: Chart's done. I'm just letting it go through at least 1k blocks to get some data on it. Finishing up the website update to compliment it. Expect it to launch sometime around/after block 52k. (Currently 51,700)
murderouskirk (OP)

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 11:40:10 PM

Hey everybody, I'll be raining SWING in the Yobit trollbox to try and generate interest and get some new people involved.

Awesome! Thanks for doing this. I managed to catch the last few messages where you were chatting with people about getting the wallet downloaded and staking. Good work!  Smiley
quantumgravity

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2015, 12:03:41 AM

Awesome! Thanks for doing this. I managed to catch the last few messages where you were chatting with people about getting the wallet downloaded and staking. Good work!  Smiley

Thanks! We need to get more people involved and build the network and community. Just trying to help out!

quantumgravity

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2015, 12:04:21 AM

Status report: Chart's done. I'm just letting it go through at least 1k blocks to get some data on it. Finishing up the website update to compliment it. Expect it to launch sometime around/after block 52k. (Currently 51,700)

Very excited about this! Thanks!

murderouskirk (OP)

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 09:29:02 AM

Alright guys, chart released and website cleaned up a little to go with it.

Check it out!

Swing Expected Rewards vs Price vs Total Supply

TrySwing.com

or

TrySwing.com/chart

So the latest info is this.

I've been chatting with a couple developers about having that chart made.

(The one that compares price vs. expected reward vs. total supply)

I'm trying to get to the point where one of them says they can do it for certain and is ready to start. Once we get to that point I'll let you guys know. The one I'm trying to work with is asking for 1 btc and I have previous experience working with him. The other is asking for 2 btc and is currently my backup.

Aside from that Shapetwist has been perusing some interesting additions for swing, though I believe none have progressed enough to start getting anyone excited about.

Lastly shapetwist and I have been talking about overhauling the website. This one shouldn't be too hard and is likely to hit before anything else.

If you want to help with any of this or get involved in any way, just come chat in slack or IRC!  Smiley

So we went with the one looking for 1btc that I've worked with in the past. He was kind enough to work towards getting our chart live before the 1 BTC was raised.

Any help pulling together the btc is extremely helpful in this situation. 0.1 here and .05 there adds up fast. If you appreciate his work on our new chart, consider showing him some support.

1E6soVzn7Z5NGguwD9sZfXkVmn8a51Cg71

Some additional cool info:

The dev has stated that he is willing to entertain the idea of upgrading the chart with more data/features once it's been paid off just for the sake of making it better.

Once we pull together his 1btc and get him paid we can likely get some more stats added to the chart such as:

Trade volume
Order depth
Net Hashrate
Net Difficulties
Number of connected parties
Number of Coins being moved
On-Click events opening Chainz BE details for specific blocks
etc.. etc.. (Your ideas welcome here!)

I'm sure you guys can think up more possibilities and the thought of getting more data excites me, hopefully you guys too.

Anyway, happy to hear constructive feedback at this point. I'm already using the chart like crazy with 1 day of data recorded, hopefully you guys find it as useful as I do.
quantumgravity

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2015, 08:04:16 PM

the chart looks good! I can't wait until the new features are available. currently I can only see today and that's it.

murderouskirk (OP)

View Profile
October 26, 2015, 09:15:49 PM
Last edit: October 27, 2015, 03:05:17 AM by murderouskirk

Alright guys, chart released and website cleaned up a little to go with it.

Check it out!

Swing Expected Rewards vs Price vs Total Supply

TrySwing.com

or

TrySwing.com/chart

So the latest info is this.

I've been chatting with a couple developers about having that chart made.

(The one that compares price vs. expected reward vs. total supply)

I'm trying to get to the point where one of them says they can do it for certain and is ready to start. Once we get to that point I'll let you guys know. The one I'm trying to work with is asking for 1 btc and I have previous experience working with him. The other is asking for 2 btc and is currently my backup.

Aside from that Shapetwist has been perusing some interesting additions for swing, though I believe none have progressed enough to start getting anyone excited about.

Lastly shapetwist and I have been talking about overhauling the website. This one shouldn't be too hard and is likely to hit before anything else.

If you want to help with any of this or get involved in any way, just come chat in slack or IRC!  Smiley

So we went with the one looking for 1btc that I've worked with in the past. He was kind enough to work towards getting our chart live before the 1 BTC was raised.

Any help pulling together the btc is extremely helpful in this situation. 0.1 here and .05 there adds up fast. If you appreciate his work on our new chart, consider showing him some support.

1E6soVzn7Z5NGguwD9sZfXkVmn8a51Cg71

Some additional cool info:

The dev has stated that he is willing to entertain the idea of upgrading the chart with more data/features once it's been paid off just for the sake of making it better.

Once we pull together his 1btc and get him paid we can likely get some more stats added to the chart such as:

Trade volume
Order depth
Net Hashrate
Net Difficulties
Number of connected parties
Number of Coins being moved
On-Click events opening Chainz BE details for specific blocks
etc.. etc.. (Your ideas welcome here!)

I'm sure you guys can think up more possibilities and the thought of getting more data excites me, hopefully you guys too.

Anyway, happy to hear constructive feedback at this point. I'm already using the chart like crazy with 1 day of data recorded, hopefully you guys find it as useful as I do.

the chart looks good! I can't wait until the new features are available. currently I can only see today and that's it.

Glad to hear you like it. It's recording data as it does, it's not setup to crawl backwards at this point in time. So 1 day is about right.
quantumgravity

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2015, 08:20:03 PM

Hey everybody, let's get the volume up and start trading with each other. It's more fun when there are more active traders!

murderouskirk (OP)

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 06:28:46 AM

VentureC

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 28, 2015, 01:04:42 PM

Don't get the word out too much yet, hehe.  Swing is a goldmine for those who are in it right now.  Grin

Just kidding, it's just my greedy self speaking. Yes, it would be great to get some more exposure for Swing and introduce the coin to a greater audience.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 »
  Print  

Jump to: