Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 01:46:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: New York Times Story today! Online now, In print in tomorrow's (Nov 5) paper.  (Read 1341 times)
manselr
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1004

View Profile
November 06, 2015, 07:17:40 PM

Its definitely getting better at the mainstream level. I still remember the first time I heard on Bitcoin about the big price surge of the MT Gox exchange and the questions of the journalists were always about drugs and stuff.
intristin (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Digital Credits

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2015, 07:33:44 PM

Its definitely getting better at the mainstream level. I still remember the first time I heard on Bitcoin about the big price surge of the MT Gox exchange and the questions of the journalists were always about drugs and stuff.

LOL, well it was an irresistible headline for many in the news industry.

"Digital Currency more valuable than Gold, fueled by the sale of drugs, guns, and other aspects of the criminal underworld. Details at 11, tune in and learn how you can protect your children."  

Even a reputable journalist can't be blamed for wanting to jump all over that. I think the media is starting to realize that you get that with any currency, key here is they now see it as a currency and not just some evil back alley trade thing.  

BTC : 1mGWN5sXaTrWcfDt7zwq4o6R2LiJKKFGH | DGCS : DU1U2ocTUodyHJTgBLBMfSprjquFCUraf8
Digital Credits : http://dcredits.com
cjmoles
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2015, 05:44:47 AM

Excellent article.  One can't blame them for telling the truth; in fact, it gives the article more credibility.  They wrote it as it is....Any publicity is good publicity....To the Moon, Babie!
crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 06:49:18 AM

Grin Looks like the paper of record is recognizing the price increase and its possible causes.  

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/11/05/business/dealbook/value-of-bitcoin-surges-emerging-from-a-lull-in-interest.html?_r=0

We need dozens of articles like this to erase negative experience people might have about BTC which s been caused by crypto scammers and ponzi pumpers. So just keep spreading he good news. We need to find a way to proper BTC over $600. In my experience, this is the limit where new people start flocking in and we get all that positive buzz we ve had before.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
Blue_Tiger73

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 08:35:04 AM

It is nice to see that more people are getting into Bitcoin. It is also great to see that people are recognising the price rise of Bitcoin. I guess people are realising that Bitcoin is the currency of the future.
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2015, 08:59:40 AM

This is going to be another fun day, or a lull before the exchanges warm up.
It's nice for Gemini being in New York and the article is quite positive some of the fundamental infrastructure weaknesses are getting addresses the one that may still be a shadow is 1mb but for the most part its getting there.

-
Past price rallies have generally been followed quickly by collapses, usually set off by some sign of weakness in the infrastructure of the Bitcoin industry.
-
Exchanges of the Third Generation and Fourth with reasonable reputations are addressing this part so I like how the article went into the next part on that.

-
The companies that currently handle most Bitcoin transactions seem to be far stronger than those that did in the past.

i agree with you. but as we saw in the past, OKCoin and Kraken were attacked and went offline for some time. There is still room for alot improvement.
What we saw in the past is kindergarden compared to what could happen in the future.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: