Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:42:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: We've started mainstream adoption - Pension considers Bitcoin investment  (Read 1655 times)
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
September 04, 2015, 06:48:52 PM

it's definitely good news, but let's not get excited too quickly right now. they are just exploring the possibilities, which for bitcoin is a great achievement. at this point there are far too many negatives. i hope this isn't the last thing we hear from them regarding bitcoin.

not to mention it is only related to one country, until these kind of good news take the rest of the wrold with it, i won't see it as a really good news

i mean if my country isn't following this route why should i care? the same for all the others

I however think that t does contribute to good press, a country showing support for bitcoin in terms of pension which a lifetime liability, I think it is worth getting happy about. People in Canada do get the best things after all, haha. The reason you should care even if your country isn't following is it proves that adoption is taking place. You will benefit from that, wouldn't you? Smiley

the problem is that i'm in euro, so unless the whole euro center follow this route a simply country of the union has not much power to do anything(what he decide does not matter to the Euro court, which is the ultimate judgment here), one can only hope in the end

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
goosoodude

Activity: 584
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 04, 2015, 10:22:06 PM

It's a nice dream, but since it's only being considered as an option - i wouldn't celebrate just yet. Other than that, it's one of those things that gives bitcoin slow
but increasing support, and rises the price over the time, since pension funds would generally just buy and hodl, leaving less bitcoins on exchanges.
Sure hope it gets rolling in the end, but i'm not sure they would have much users, since many people don't like making risks when it's their pension funds and future in question.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

RealBitcoin

Activity: 854
Merit: 1007

JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK

View Profile
September 05, 2015, 11:49:46 AM

I know that, i did that research too. It might be faster than that, and it will definitely be a good pension investment if your risks are adjusted accordingly.

I think a bigger rise of volatility will come after the real big adoption will start, not to mention the speculative mania that can start if price breaks above 500$.

It definitely needs 3-4 years after the adoption phase to stabilize to be considered a life-savings graded investment.

Yet given how fragile the pension funds are today, i would be more worried of bail-ins rather than bitcoin volatility.

I can't imagine if the price breaks above 500$ with a momentum, for sure we will see another 1000+$ in the bitcoin markets.

Or if the big money from pension funds start coming into the market... wow!

It will but I dont know when.

There needs to be a trigger thats for sure. Greece was not enough, since greeks people dont speak english and dont have that high tech skills.

Maybe the chinese calamity will boost bitcoin, the chinese guys are more investment orienters and opportunists and tech guys.

I think big waves of money will come from China, because those guys have alot of savings ready to be put in bitcoin.

pitham1
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 06, 2015, 03:07:01 PM

... since pension funds would generally just buy and hodl, leaving less bitcoins on exchanges.

Reality Check : The venture arm of a major Canadian pension fund is reportedly looking at making investments in bitcoin and blockchain startups.

There won't be any investments in bitcoins (which are way too risky). So no buy and hold strategy either.

jlauzon

Activity: 108
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 09, 2015, 01:59:20 PM

Pensioners are not inherently poor. Maybe in Canada - I don't know.

I hope this is a legitimate story and BTC starts to gain credibility though.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: