Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 08:37:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 [414] 415 416 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ANTMINER S7 is available at bitmaintech.com with 4.86TH/s, 0.25J/GH  (Read 527634 times)
AriesIV10
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1006

Mine for a Bit

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2016, 10:38:29 AM

the F1 version with one fan was a bad idea. Unless, you throw them nice fresh air, they overheat.

They need 2 fans to be safe.

It really works flawless though.  I have one and had 0 issues with it, if something goes wrong it should shutdown at 80 c.   I do have a second fan but never did attach it to it as it is working good.  It is summer and hot for many and I don't see S7-F1's burning up.... so seems to work fine.   But I do agree it takes away some safety with redundancy of having two fan's even though we have not been seeing them burn up.

I also have some decent sized fan's blowing air through my mining area to.  So guess that is part of why I'm not to worried.  

Well it's the summer for sure here in NA ... the two fans versions just don't care about it and keep mining at default freq. The F1 version suffers tho. I downclocked them until I received my second fans.

I just have one of the S7-F1's so maybe I got lucky but mine has handled Midwest heat up to low 90's F outside (which it is currently). No suffering so far default settings/freq.  I do push air with high CFM fan's through miner area and a commercial gable fan to get rid of heat.   So that could possibly help.

It is a hot day but you can see my S7-F1 is handling it fine even during summer temps. - http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m25/notlist3d/S7-F1/test_zpswuvatl7q.jpg

Put one of these onto your single fan units:

Ultra Strong 12cm DC12V Cooling fan. 200CFM    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0054S92FW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

-OR- this one is a little JET ENGINE!

Original Delta TFC1212DE 12cm 120mm DC 12V 3.90A 252CFM    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00L5XEKOS/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

BTC Address (Donations):  3LepZAju88ZRuNVD4cS6Xv5hKyKrjvirkB     Website:  www.MintMining.com
Email: Mining@MintMining.com      Power Supplies: https://bit.ly/2TtvdOR
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
aarons6
Legendary

Activity: 1736

View Profile
July 03, 2016, 08:48:14 PM

the F1 version with one fan was a bad idea. Unless, you throw them nice fresh air, they overheat.

It really works flawless though.  I have one and had 0 issues with it, if something goes wrong it should shutdown at 80 c.   I do have a second fan but never did attach it to it as it is working good.  It is summer and hot for many and I don't see S7-F1's burning up.... so seems to work fine.   But I do agree it takes away some safety with redundancy of having two fan's even though we have not been seeing them burn up.

I also have some decent sized fan's blowing air through my mining area to.  So guess that is part of why I'm not to worried.  

Well it's the summer for sure here in NA ... the two fans versions just don't care about it and keep mining at default freq. The F1 version suffers tho. I downclocked them until I received my second fans.

I just have one of the S7-F1's so maybe I got lucky but mine has handled Midwest heat up to low 90's F outside (which it is currently). No suffering so far default settings/freq.  I do push air with high CFM fan's through miner area and a commercial gable fan to get rid of heat.   So that could possibly help.

It is a hot day but you can see my S7-F1 is handling it fine even during summer temps. - http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m25/notlist3d/S7-F1/test_zpswuvatl7q.jpg

Ultra Strong 12cm DC12V Cooling fan. 200CFM    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0054S92FW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Original Delta TFC1212DE 12cm 120mm DC 12V 3.90A 252CFM    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00L5XEKOS/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

you have to be careful with that tfc1212de.. if it says inverted that means the pwm is backwards compared to regular pc fans..

5v is OFF not full on.. so that means as your s7 gets hotter the fan will run slower.

plus that fan draws almost 4 amps at full power.. i had to make a special cord that split the power to molex to get it to work, and its very loud.

notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 04, 2016, 02:25:57 AM

I just have one of the S7-F1's so maybe I got lucky but mine has handled Midwest heat up to low 90's F outside (which it is currently). No suffering so far default settings/freq.  I do push air with high CFM fan's through miner area and a commercial gable fan to get rid of heat.   So that could possibly help.

Ultra Strong 12cm DC12V Cooling fan. 200CFM    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0054S92FW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Original Delta TFC1212DE 12cm 120mm DC 12V 3.90A 252CFM    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00L5XEKOS/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I already have a fan and it's ready to go it just has not been needed.  I did a hand's on with the S7-F1 a bit back - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1471801.0 .  You can see I have a standard back ready to go with a fan.

You can order a fan from BitmainWarranty.com - https://bitmainwarranty.com/shop/products/us/fan_s7/

I just simply have not needed it yet even during summer it has mined fine for me.  Some day I still plan on adding one fan to back.  But I just have not done it as it's handled mining great with no issues.  
FIN_BTC

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 04, 2016, 12:56:19 PM

running out the warranty, you have already burned two cards, to be noted that I never overclokkato the miner, indeed, here in Sicily we 37gradi ° C, quindo I brought miner frequency 550, and you will burn too, just are tired of spending money, meteriali too poor, the power supplies are to bitmain, so the problem is always and only the bad material, then this miner and done badly, the blade that suffers most is the central one, when turned off the central one other blades down temperature, from 66 down to 58C °,

Huh Huh Huh Cry Cry

Are you little retarded.  Roll Eyes Ofc other blades running much more cooler if you drop out the central blade, because then there is only 66% of the original heat load. And if the ambient temp is around 37C it is too much for the miner imo. Actually I dont understand why people who living countries where extra heat is negative thinking about doing profit, maybe then if you have free electricity, but nobody have that in a bigger scale. I pay 0.08-0.10€/kwh taxes,vat,transfer and market price all together and usually all the heat is anyway needed to my house and garage and it is still +-0 business for me after hw investments. So mining is just like kinky nerd hobby for me. I cant even think about how people who living in Italy where you dont need heat 80% of the year think about doing profit. Or you guys have about free electricity there Cheesy And if you need 1kw heating power you could produce that with 200-400w using heat pumps so it will reduce places even more where to put miner for heating purpose.
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 1708

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 01:58:43 AM

Wonder if Bitmain will ever drop the price on these after the halving

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
AriesIV10
Legendary

Activity: 1260

Mine for a Bit

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2016, 04:12:09 PM

Nope, they are still profitable and will be profitable after Halving.  People still want them so, Bitmain should still provide them.

BTC Address (Donations):  3LepZAju88ZRuNVD4cS6Xv5hKyKrjvirkB     Website:  www.MintMining.com
Email: Mining@MintMining.com      Power Supplies: https://bit.ly/2TtvdOR
alh
Legendary

Activity: 1843
Merit: 1050

View Profile
July 05, 2016, 05:56:56 PM

In and of itself, I wouldn't expect that the halving to change the pricing of any Bitmain product. The desirability of the S7 is declining as a result of the S9, and the halving. I expect that current $440 price on the S7 is getting close to production cost. It wouldn't surprise me if that sometime in the next 30 days Bitmain does some kind of "clearance price Sale" on the S7.

While the desirability of most all mining gear will decline after the halving, an elevated BTC price tends to keep folks interested in buying gear from Bitmain. All kinds of things play into the price that Bitmain charges for the S9 (or the S9).
IITravel01

Activity: 338
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 11, 2016, 05:26:25 PM

Sidehack posted that the approx. original default settings for the S7-LN for the hot starting voltage/cold running voltage for the blades on the S7-LN are 710/680.  Anyone know what the default settings are for the S7 batch 8 and later are?  Is there a formula to determine it with 135 ASICs and the 12v DC from the power supply?

Thanks,
zodiacus

Activity: 19
Merit: 5

View Profile
July 11, 2016, 08:32:46 PM

i got 2 hashboards back from bitmain that we sent for warranty repair a while ago, they came back with some transparent glue in one corner, anybody have a clue what this is? they are both like this....

http://puntoweb.com/~pics/s7-1.JPG

http://puntoweb.com/~pics/s7-2.JPG

any comments?

they seem to work just fine....
heslo

Activity: 1156
Merit: 942

View Profile
July 12, 2016, 05:54:32 AM

Looks like glue from a hot glue gun.... possibly to stop tampering
Micky25
Legendary

Activity: 974

View Profile
July 12, 2016, 06:19:14 AM

or snot
bspurloc

Activity: 569
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 11:13:57 PM

Fan dynamics...

I was thinking and I don't like doing that these days...

scenario
intake fan max RPM is 4500 rpm and is spinning at 3400 rpm
exhaust fans max rpm is 2400 rpm and is spinning at 2600 rpm

a> is the slower exhaust fan actually slowing down the intake fan as it is being forced to spin the exhaust one faster than it can electrically spin itself?
b> is the exhaust fan even electrically doing anything since its exceeding its max rpm due to the intake fans higher rpm

I am guessing the exhaust fan being that much slower isnt doing anything but causing impedance and should be removed. correct?
I can match it but don't like the extra noise but if its not actually doing anything then I dont need an exhaust fan anyway....
alh
Legendary

Activity: 1843
Merit: 1050

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 11:43:42 PM

Fan dynamics...

scenario

a> is the slower exhaust fan actually slowing down the intake fan as it is being forced to spin the exhaust one faster than it can electrically spin itself?
b> is the exhaust fan even electrically doing anything since its exceeding its max rpm due to the intake fans higher rpm

I am guessing the exhaust fan being that much slower isnt doing anything but causing impedance and should be removed. correct?
I can match it but don't like the extra noise but if its not actually doing anything then I dont need an exhaust fan anyway....

While I am not an "airflow engineer", here's another possibility:

c> The exhaust fan is lowering the pressure that the intake fan "sees", and hence the intake fan speed can be reduced without having the miner overheat.
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3612
Merit: 2506

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
July 14, 2016, 12:46:55 AM

Fan dynamics...

scenario

c> The exhaust fan is lowering the pressure that the intake fan "sees", and hence the intake fan speed can be reduced without having the miner overheat.
Bingo.
It's all about static pressure. I haven't actually checked their specs but I'd wager that despite the exhaust fan spinning slower it is still rated with same CFM when working against a light resistance as the intake fan is when the intake is working against high back pressure.

Difference is that that intake fan can move that air against the high resistance all those heatsink fins produce. The unloaded CFM of the intake fan is much higher. Put the 2 fans together and it's a win-win.

side note: The 1-fan s7 proves that the 'help' the exhaust provides is not necessarily needed. I have 3 of them running full stock speed in 85F ambient and they are perfectly happy.

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
bspurloc

Activity: 569
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 14, 2016, 01:26:45 AM

Fan dynamics...

scenario

Bingo.
It's all about static pressure. I haven't actually checked their specs but I'd wager that despite the exhaust fan spinning slower it is still rated with same CFM when working against a light resistance as the intake fan is when the intake is working against high back pressure.

Difference is that that intake fan can move that air against the high resistance all those heatsink fins produce. The unloaded CFM of the intake fan is much higher. Put the 2 fans together and it's a win-win.

side note: The 1-fan s7 proves that the 'help' the exhaust provides is not necessarily needed. I have 3 of them running full stock speed in 85F ambient and they are perfectly happy.

sounds good! I am trying to cut the DB's(NOISE) down so trying different things.
Corsair fan is super quiet. I don't get why they went with these super loud 4400rpm fans when the S1/S3's 3800rpm fans move enough air.
JaredKaragen
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1165

My AR-15 ID's itself as a toaster. Want breakfast?

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2016, 06:42:13 AM

sounds good! I am trying to cut the DB's(NOISE) down so trying different things.
Corsair fan is super quiet. I don't get why they went with these super loud 4400rpm fans when the S1/S3's 3800rpm fans move enough air.

Put 2 s3 fans onto an s7 and watch how quick it overheats....

Link to my batch and script resources here.  

DO NOT TRUST YOBIT  -JK

Donations: 1Q8HjG8wMa3hgmDFbFHC9cADPLpm1xKHQM
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
July 17, 2016, 06:39:42 AM

Put 2 s3 fans onto an s7 and watch how quick it overheats....

I'm don't think S3's and S7's are even in the same ballpark.  If your looking at a fan that was mentioned great for S3..... chances are it is not enough for S7.  Specifically for those of us in summer.  I did have one of the S7-F1 variants which had 1 larger fan it actually worked with out issue, but was a higher RPM fan.   

So I think you  are going to be stuck with higher RPM fan's unless you underclock it.   And I would monitor the heck out of it if your messing with fan's.    They really were not made to be quiet miner's.  There are some good mod's people have done on forum to quiet them some though.  Going to S3 level fan... I don't think is one I would do.
JaredKaragen
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1165

My AR-15 ID's itself as a toaster. Want breakfast?

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2016, 11:27:02 AM

So I think you  are going to be stuck with higher RPM fan's unless you underclock it.   And I would monitor the heck out of it if your messing with fan's.    They really were not made to be quiet miner's.  There are some good mod's people have done on forum to quiet them some though.  Going to S3 level fan... I don't think is one I would do.

If I backed off freq to ~400, and put a S3 type fan on my Batch 6 S7.... I think it would still overheat on a day with ambient  > 85*F.... But why do that when you can just turn it down to 30% or less fan speed with the stock fans.  I would never consider S3 fans on an S7... The S7 needs the CFM.

Do two things:
Create a cabinet that is insulated to house the miner and its power supply.   Have a ducted inlet to the front, and have the exhaust ducted directly from the fan to an exhausting source. the further away, the quieter it is.  you really only need like 6-8Ft if you are ducting directly to a duct vent.

Link to my batch and script resources here.  

DO NOT TRUST YOBIT  -JK

Donations: 1Q8HjG8wMa3hgmDFbFHC9cADPLpm1xKHQM
notlist3d
Legendary

View Profile
July 18, 2016, 08:46:04 PM

If I backed off freq to ~400, and put a S3 type fan on my Batch 6 S7.... I think it would still overheat on a day with ambient  > 85*F.... But why do that when you can just turn it down to 30% or less fan speed with the stock fans.  I would never consider S3 fans on an S7... The S7 needs the CFM.

Do two things:
Create a cabinet that is insulated to house the miner and its power supply.   Have a ducted inlet to the front, and have the exhaust ducted directly from the fan to an exhausting source. the further away, the quieter it is.  you really only need like 6-8Ft if you are ducting directly to a duct vent.

You only quoted half of my comment.  The bold part I do not disagree with it is entire reason for part of my post you did not quote.  S3 and S7 are massively different miner's.  Just look at watt's S3 366ish and S7 depending on batch 1293ish .   So were talking like three times the amount of watt's  which means more heat. :

I'm don't think S3's and S7's are even in the same ballpark.  If your looking at a fan that was mentioned great for S3..... chances are it is not enough for S7.  Specifically for those of us in summer.  I did have one of the S7-F1 variants which had 1 larger fan it actually worked with out issue, but was a higher RPM fan.   

Yes you can do things to make it quieter like you mentioned.   But before doing all of this I would do some ROI math as S7 + building a decent cabinet to dampen heat that does not heat up crazy will not make sense for a lot of people.  All depends on electricity.
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 1708

View Profile
July 19, 2016, 12:12:41 AM

If you want to get away with S3 fans, you need to undervolt the S7. Read sidehacks thread and buy that microchip programmer from eBay.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Pages: « 1 ... 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 [414] 415 416 »
  Print  

Jump to: