Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 11:50:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 [300] 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Gambling. Is It Wrong?  (Read 238534 times)
bhadz

Activity: 2408
Merit: 564

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2017, 10:56:58 AM

someone in bitsler has won 26 BTC in gambling , i think you couldn't win that such number of bitcoin if you don't take risks

Exactly, you won't get to win that amount if you aren't ready to take some risk. And in simplest word, you will not win if you will not bet. And there's nothing wrong with this philosophy as long as you are the one that's responsible with your losses. You aren't going to blame others with your mistake and misfortune but kudos to this guy 26 bitcoin isn't a joke.
26 BTC is a very huge amount, there is no denial in it but still I won't be tempted by this. There are people who have even made millions of dollars by gambling but the fact is they are very rare, merely 0.001 percent of whole gambling population maybe or even less. I will go for more reliable methods. The guy was lucky this time but won't be same every time.

That's the hard part of it, the temptation. The way of thinking that you've got a lot of bitcoins now and you can gamble for so long. And you won't be having any problem with finance because you've got a lot of bucks. People like this are very few, they are the lucky ones and it's not wrong for them to gamble anymore as they experienced it alone.

When you have so much for bankroll, you tend to be carefree in betting without realizing that you are slowly depleting your money. But there is really nothing wrong with gambling because it is indeed a good way to have fun and entertainment - but when you say you want to get profit out of it or you make it as your goal, then it would be very risky and disappointing most of the time.

It's a good way to have fun and be entertained if you've got a lot of money to lose. It's not basically you are just going to gamble and just have fun, this type of reason is quite rare as most gamblers are into profit. Just take the risk if you think that you will have a good output and there's nothing wrong with this mindset if you have enough money and you afford it to lose.

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████████▀█████████████▄
███████████▄▐▀▄██████████
███████▀▀███████▀▀███████
██████▀███▄▄████████████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
██████████▀███▀███▄██████
████████████████▄▄███████
███████████▄▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████
▀█████▄▄████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
8Habits

Activity: 756
Merit: 294

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 07:48:57 AM

someone in bitsler has won 26 BTC in gambling , i think you couldn't win that such number of bitcoin if you don't take risks

Exactly, you won't get to win that amount if you aren't ready to take some risk. And in simplest word, you will not win if you will not bet. And there's nothing wrong with this philosophy as long as you are the one that's responsible with your losses. You aren't going to blame others with your mistake and misfortune but kudos to this guy 26 bitcoin isn't a joke.
26 BTC is a very huge amount, there is no denial in it but still I won't be tempted by this. There are people who have even made millions of dollars by gambling but the fact is they are very rare, merely 0.001 percent of whole gambling population maybe or even less. I will go for more reliable methods. The guy was lucky this time but won't be same every time.

That's the hard part of it, the temptation. The way of thinking that you've got a lot of bitcoins now and you can gamble for so long. And you won't be having any problem with finance because you've got a lot of bucks. People like this are very few, they are the lucky ones and it's not wrong for them to gamble anymore as they experienced it alone.

When you have so much for bankroll, you tend to be carefree in betting without realizing that you are slowly depleting your money. But there is really nothing wrong with gambling because it is indeed a good way to have fun and entertainment - but when you say you want to get profit out of it or you make it as your goal, then it would be very risky and disappointing most of the time.

It's a good way to have fun and be entertained if you've got a lot of money to lose. It's not basically you are just going to gamble and just have fun, this type of reason is quite rare as most gamblers are into profit. Just take the risk if you think that you will have a good output and there's nothing wrong with this mindset if you have enough money and you afford it to lose.

Precisely. You are risking money that you can afford to lose and that you are ok with potentially losing your bankroll. This is supposed to be each gamblers should do and not just bet money that would hurt their pocket and budget when they lost it.
rizkyhiw
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 08:12:58 AM

Most especially if you are already betting a big sum of money that you can't afford to lose. Much more if you are already using family long time savings and already selling some properties just to satisfy your gambling addiction.

Some people keep thinking that they can get more when they gamble with higher amount. They want to get bigger amount because they are not satisfied when they have won small amount. In the end they are going to lose everything. Some people are stupid to begin with so they risk the amount that they shouldnt be risking
As long as you did not make other people life difficult gambling isn't wrong ,
Also when gambling harm yourself that time it is considered as wrong i think ,
Every single person has their own opinion about this ,
I just think in general there is nothing really wrong.
8Habits

Activity: 756
Merit: 294

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 12:00:28 PM

Most especially if you are already betting a big sum of money that you can't afford to lose. Much more if you are already using family long time savings and already selling some properties just to satisfy your gambling addiction.

Some people keep thinking that they can get more when they gamble with higher amount. They want to get bigger amount because they are not satisfied when they have won small amount. In the end they are going to lose everything. Some people are stupid to begin with so they risk the amount that they shouldnt be risking

Gambling is not really bad if done with moderation and pure intent to just having fun and entertainment. When it is no longer fun at all, better stop that particular gambling session already.
bhadz

Activity: 2408
Merit: 564

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2017, 04:57:49 PM

Precisely. You are risking money that you can afford to lose and that you are ok with potentially losing your bankroll. This is supposed to be each gamblers should do and not just bet money that would hurt their pocket and budget when they lost it.

We can't dictate each gamblers to do it, we have freedom and freewill so every gambler knows what to do and he can do what he wanted to do. There's nothing wrong if they only bet the money they can't afford to lose just don't blame anyone with their misfortune or if they are losing their bets. It's not that appropriate because they regret in the end but they gamble at first.

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████████▀█████████████▄
███████████▄▐▀▄██████████
███████▀▀███████▀▀███████
██████▀███▄▄████████████
██████████▀███▀███▄██████
████████████████▄▄███████
███████████▄▄▄███████████
▀█████▄▄████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
bitcoinmasterlord
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1006

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 06:21:08 PM

Gambling is not really bad if done with moderation and pure intent to just having fun and entertainment. When it is no longer fun at all, better stop that particular gambling session already.

The gambling is wrong, or right it depends on your personal experience. We can not guess based on others experience. Becaue here some people find their life and many people lost there life. Everyone has their own opinion. Like that, you should also find your opinion by getting experience in this gambling. For me, it is not wrong because I can able to control my feelings.
dmamigo

Activity: 1204
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 07:01:56 PM

The gambling is wrong, or right it depends on your personal experience. We can not guess based on others experience. Becaue here some people find their life and many people lost there life. Everyone has their own opinion. Like that, you should also find your opinion by getting experience in this gambling. For me, it is not wrong because I can able to control my feelings.

Absolutely correct, even for me its safe as I am not addicted and don't get mad if I don't play or if I loose in a streak. But I know many who didn't lost their life though they lost something, their mental peace. If one doesn't disturbs his/her own life with others as well associated with their life, its just fine considering gambling being legal in your area jurisdiction.

rizkyhiw
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 10:53:26 PM

Usually people think that it was no longer fun when they start to lost ,
People can never accept that wisely and get up to chase it back ,
Which it's the start of why gambling become so wrong ,
You want to always get a win where there's a risk to get lost a lot of money in gambling basically.
Smarty14392

Activity: 560
Merit: 286

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 07:36:33 AM

Gambling is not wrong. It's a game after all ! I don't feel like i'm doing something wrong when i gamble, it's a relief for me and get me so exited especailly when i win, like every gambler. Gambling start to be wrong when it becomes your priority in life and takes your family and friends time or affect your financial state.
Exactly, if you let gambling control over you it is definitely your wrong not by gambling house. Then if you want have a better life and to keep you in tye right way if you still going to gamble limit yourself from too much spending and time pf playing. Play with the money you afford in return of fun and entertainment.

I suggest you guys quitting gambling for good if you wanted a better life, continuing gambling even though you know that you are just going to lose is a suicide. It is going to worth it if you are going to risk your money into something you know you could really make some profits in return, not in gambling.
That's okay to lose if you only lose based on your limit, that's why it's important when having fun we also have to stick with the limit.
Gambling is not the best way to increase your income but the best way to have fun and when we have fun most likely we have to spend.

There's nothing wrong if we gamble to have fun or make money, the most important is how do you control yourself and your emotions. Whatever you do if you are still under your control then you will not suffer, you will not lose much.
Maybe in your mind, it's not wrong, you feel gambling is very normal as long as you control emotions and do not hurt anyone, gambling will not be wrong. But to me, gambling is wrong because we can see the consequences of most gamblers is to lose everything, broken families, social angle, gambling is wrong, I do not need to know whether you control or not control, gambling still affects you and you do not recognize, that is the problem. We should not blame ourselves wrong, we are just the result of gambling is wrong, gambling is wrong leads us to the wrong
Agreed, whenever in my entire life I never see any books saying that gambling is right or is not wrong. From the very start it is not good to see if someone is doing gamble even you're not harming anyone it is still not good in the sight of many others especially if the eyes of God, though were not talking about any religious things.
Gambling is also not respected in my society and gamblers do realize that they won't be appreciated for this deed but people defend themselves even if they are wrong, human nature. Gambling harms other people. If a man is losing his money in gambling, ultimately his family is gonna suffer.
Make sense, yes it is applicable to almost every society of all the states in world. Nothing makes this gambling a good deed. We often see even ambling is legal in many countries still it is considered as bad scheme of actions because it is making harm to society in different aspects.
TheUltraElite
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1218

Call your grandparents and tell them you love them

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2017, 07:58:10 AM

I think responsible gambling is better because a person is responsible for his actions - like we say "karma". If the person cannot control his emotions and becomes violent and psychopathic then there needs to be someone to moderate their actions before all hell breaks loose. There are people who are not so emotional and only play for fun and not money. Though its rare some people do play just to boast about their skills to others.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
btc78

Activity: 2478
Merit: 210

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 09:05:13 AM

You want to always get a win where there's a risk to get lost a lot of money in gambling basically.

Well this is how gambling works. "It" will give you that win in the beginning, which we call beginners luck and we thought that we are invincible and cannot lose. But after a few bets here and there and experiencing losses, that mindset change and you become addicted now. What started as fun in the beginning becomes addiction in the end. And you lose more, then chase or try to recoup but eventually losing more and then this cycle go on.

saeyeen

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 10:23:42 AM

Gambling becomes wrong when you will gamble using someone else money or you will steal because you are addicted in gambling already. But if your intention in gambling is for fun and you play moderately then I don't see anything wrong with that.

lorylore
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 10:26:29 AM

Gambling becomes wrong when you will gamble using someone else money or you will steal because you are addicted in gambling already. But if your intention in gambling is for fun and you play moderately then I don't see anything wrong with that.

Gambling is wrong even if you gamble for fun when you gamble more than you can afford to lose. A lot of people like to gamble for fun but they dont know how to control. They not just hurt themselves, they also hurt those surrounding them.
TheUltraElite
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1218

Call your grandparents and tell them you love them

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2017, 08:00:23 AM

Gambling is wrong even if you gamble for fun when you gamble more than you can afford to lose. A lot of people like to gamble for fun but they dont know how to control. They not just hurt themselves, they also hurt those surrounding them.

If they can entertain themselves with gambling then they should be able to have fun with other methods as well. Gambling not only wastes time on some false beliefs but also wastes money which in most cases is earned by hard work and labor. It is upto the person playing to understand whether to gamble or not if they start to lose too much and it crosses the line between so called "fun" and "greed" - then they must control their playing habits.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
daringdiscovered

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 08:11:39 AM

I disagree, gambling is very wrong to do, if it is not, then why the government is banning gambling in some countries? And also in the Bible gambling is a sin, so I could strongly say that gambling is wrong. It is not about stealing someone's money for you to have something to use in gambling, it is another story, and another sin.
Aikidoka

Activity: 1078
Merit: 342

Sinbad Mixer: Mix Your BTC Quickly

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 11:08:46 AM

Nothing is wrong or right in this life. Right and wrong are just a perspective, but if you put it that way, it will be called "Misbehavior". To clarify, you did not know how to behave in order to get a good result. Gambling is tricky, once you enter its field, you became paralyzed. It is like fighting monsters in a huge jungle. If you know how to behave and be smart, gambling will be beneficial for you. You will earn much money. So, it is up to you to decide whether or not it is beneficial.
rhomzkie26

Activity: 476

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 11:18:06 AM

You maybe right on your thoughts, but sometimes we can't blame them because they've loss a big amount. And gamblers in the gambling site most frequently loss at the end of the games and winning is very seldom to be happy for the players/gamblers.
Matcuda

Activity: 490

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 11:21:27 AM

Nothing is wrong or right in this life. Right and wrong are just a perspective, but if you put it that way, it will be called "Misbehavior". To clarify, you did not know how to behave in order to get a good result. Gambling is tricky, once you enter its field, you became paralyzed. It is like fighting monsters in a huge jungle. If you know how to behave and be smart, gambling will be beneficial for you. You will earn much money. So, it is up to you to decide whether or not it is beneficial.

Yes, gambling can be useful if you use it wisely. If you flirt with them lightly, then they will just ruin you with every game. They really look like the world of the jungle and you need to have a good preparation for playing with them.

michkima

Activity: 896
Merit: 514

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 06:18:03 PM

Yes, gambling can be useful if you use it wisely. If you flirt with them lightly, then they will just ruin you with every game. They really look like the world of the jungle and you need to have a good preparation for playing with them.

What are you saying? Flirting and stuff? Where are you two going with this.

Earn much money? Really? That's completely absurd. There is no such thing in gambling. Yeah you will win, that is not profits! It's called winnings. But it is not certain that you will win in gambling. This isn't a job where you work hard then your hard work will pay off kind of thing. Gambling is not a job or a business!
RealPhotoshoper
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 06:42:28 PM

At least it is right or wrong for you personally , you have the rights to consider whatever it is.
And gambling for most people who gives opinion it was a wrong action at all to make money .
Why? People is so vulnerable to get addicted when it comes to a game that involve money.
Pages: « 1 ... 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 [300] 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 »
  Print  

Jump to: