Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 04:21:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 336 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Gambling. Is It Wrong?  (Read 238534 times)
wearepoor

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 02, 2015, 08:28:00 PM

No..Its not wrong. Gambling is a recreational game. Although, some do get addicted, that would be like an obese man eating butter. He is addicted to butter and eats it all the time. It is bad for him but he has gotten so use to butter and eats it so much he has ran out. Now he's committing crimes just to get butter and stealing from his family. Now.. We should make butter illegal. That would not be fair to everyone else using it responsibly. it depends on the person to person as how much they are involved in gambling.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
techgeek

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 02, 2015, 10:26:11 PM

There's nothing wrong with gambling, it will only become wrong if you were addicted to it. Just gamble moderately

Just like drink moderately right.. lol.

We all know how this turns out. You go to a party and start off with 1 beer, then your friend hands you another or some chick does.

Thats basically similar how gambling loss starts. you lose .1 btc then its 1 btc.

actmyname
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 2504

Spear the bees

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2015, 11:05:36 PM

There's nothing wrong with gambling, it will only become wrong if you were addicted to it. Just gamble moderately

Just like drink moderately right.. lol.

We all know how this turns out. You go to a party and start off with 1 beer, then your friend hands you another or some chick does.

Thats basically similar how gambling loss starts. you lose .1 btc then its 1 btc.

If you have enough willpower to know when to stop, you can gamble moderately. It's not too difficult to have that sort of resolve, but the issue is that most people are greedy and always try for more, not less.

tiggytomb
Legendary

Activity: 1848

View Profile
September 02, 2015, 11:49:46 PM

I think gambling is a personal choice, it can be wrong for someone with an addictive personality who will lose much more than they can afford, it can also be a good thing for tbe occasional gambler who loses only what they can afford.

I know someone who was heavy into the horses and made big money only to lose it all, it has the power to make or break lives.
lissandra

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 02, 2015, 11:57:39 PM

I think gambling is a personal choice, it can be wrong for someone with an addictive personality who will lose much more than they can afford, it can also be a good thing for tbe occasional gambler who loses only what they can afford.

I know someone who was heavy into the horses and made big money only to lose it all, it has the power to make or break lives.

I hear more bad stories then good lol.

So I personally would recommend anyone who does consider factor those stories seriously, but obviously the person who does gamble give no fuks lol.

elizabethqueen

Activity: 252

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 12:29:30 AM

I don't have any story to tell but based on my knowledge gambling most of the brings you loss instead profits. So as long as you avoid gambling then your safe.

i agree with you,i do gambling but not for a big bounty,just fur a game,not for a bounty. and i loss on my gambling,but not loss my bitcoin. lol

luciann

Activity: 252

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 12:55:56 AM

Everything in life is for humans. Gambling on its own is as good as any other entertainment method.
You can try it, enjoy it, make it your habit. But with gambling you need to know your limits and problems which can arise when you are gambling over your limits. In other words - don't get addicted and you will be fine.

Yup, just like the california lottery.

Where the dellusional concept of buying 1 ticket, will beat the odds of you winning millions and that hope is engraved for people to buy more until someone does win in that .1% chance.

HarHarHar9965

Activity: 994

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 04:16:56 AM

I hear more bad stories then good lol.

So I personally would recommend anyone who does consider factor those stories seriously, but obviously the person who does gamble give no fuks lol.

I think it is safe to say that we are nobody to do moral policing. Drugs are bad too, but some people enhance their lives with it. Everything in life is dangerous like gambling, man, even driving a car is. Doesn't stop billion people on earth to stop driving cars, now does it? You can only move forward and learn from your mistakes, deal with your losses and enjoy your profits. That's life.
White sugar
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1005

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 04:26:19 AM

It is good while only a small amount of money is involved and you don't spend too much time gambling, at least to the point you neglect important aspects of life.

And while gambling don't put you in conflict with people close to you
n2004al
Legendary

Activity: 1134

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 04:30:46 AM

Don't agree completely. For the most (and maybe only for a few) gambling is like a disease. If you are touched by it it is contagious. You will see the others play and play again and you will tell every time after the last game that the next will be last. And the last will be only when you would have lose all your money.
afriezalie

Activity: 364

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 04:32:35 AM

It's not wrong. It just have high risk when you are badluck. But it becomes wrong when you gamble your real life income and ignore your family. You can get or loss much in seconds.
nydiacaskey01
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1036

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 05:43:46 AM

It's not wrong as long as you don't spend the last cent in your pocket just to bet.
Some will even bet lunch money and end up nothing. Going home to family with nothing to feed his kids.
n2004al
Legendary

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 07:08:18 AM

i think its not wrong if you can control it or limit yourself to what you are doing as long
as don't get addicted and dont lose what you can afford

Your thought is only one illusion. Sooner or later you will lose control. The classical way is one more game or the next is the last. But the last finish when you lose all the money. I know people which has lost richness in this way.
dre1982

Activity: 770
Merit: 284

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 07:10:57 AM

If you do it for fun with money you can afford to loose, then it's not wrong.

If you do it for a living, that's wrong.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
n2004al
Legendary

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 07:18:48 AM

If you do it for fun with money you can afford to loose, then it's not wrong.

If you do it for a living, that's wrong.

Very soon the fun transcends itself. You will try to find always more and more money "for fun" for gambling and soon you will find yourself in continues need for money to "have only fun".

It is not speaking for living that for everyone is well understood that is a big wrong. Gambling is allowed only for those who have money without end from the floral businesses of their parents. They don't know what to do with their money, with their time and with their life. So go to gambling to lose it.
MinerHQ
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1023

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 07:44:01 AM

i think its not wrong if you can control it or limit yourself to what you are doing as long

Every one thinking he/she can control themselves but once starting gamble then they will have no control so better do not start gambling is the better option.
DaddyMonsi
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1006

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2015, 09:49:03 AM

Every one thinking he/she can control themselves but once starting gamble then they will have no control so better do not start gambling is the better option.

Its possible to control that is if you only bring the exact money you want to spend or separate the btc address of you bitcoins that you intend to use for gambling
n2004al
Legendary

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 10:46:42 AM

Its possible to control that is if you only bring the exact money you want to spend or separate the btc address of you bitcoins that you intend to use for gambling

After you will spend all the controlled money or the separated bitcoin addresses dedicated for gambling surprisingly you will ask other money for other purpose and you will find (without to much difficulty) where you will have all the other addresses which were destined for non gambling and will use (lost) all those money for gambling. At the end, the end is sure and clear.
yakelbtc

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

0x7ae5adbc7a0429a49b6e6ed4a8a89ffbbae6125f

View Profile
September 03, 2015, 01:01:58 PM

Nothing wrong in gambling. It is the person who play gambling. If the person become addicted in that is wrong already. You cant control your self if you are addicted.

Q7

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2015, 01:04:06 PM

As long as you know when to call it a stop. Most important you know what you are doing. But most of the time it's not the case as emotions tend to take over and that is where you go deeper and deeper. So it is wrong? I don't think so because you are the one to make the call.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 336 »
  Print  

Jump to: