Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 02:53:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... 336 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Gambling. Is It Wrong?  (Read 238534 times)
stingers
Legendary

Activity: 1184
Merit: 1013

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 09:47:48 AM

however many people enjoy it while losing .

No one enjoys loosing, the thing that some people enjoy even if they loose is that they played and had a jolly time with what they could afford to loose. This can be seen very often in poker, there are many people who play a lot of poker for just the sake of playing it and not for winning and getting rich. Fun while gambling makes it enjoyable, loosing doesn't.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
YuginKadoya
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 11:57:28 AM

No one enjoys loosing, the thing that some people enjoy even if they loose is that they played and had a jolly time with what they could afford to loose. This can be seen very often in poker, there are many people who play a lot of poker for just the sake of playing it and not for winning and getting rich. Fun while gambling makes it enjoyable, loosing doesn't.

Some People prefer the emotions of losing or excitement on losing they enjoy it that way, but I think most of the time people are angry when they lose, that is the common emotion you will feel when you lose money!
Oscilson

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 12:19:24 PM

If you're gambling you're basically paying for entertainment..... You shouldn't expect anything back(as saying goes, hope for the best, expect the worst), but if you do, congratulations.

Gambling's all about the thrill.... You cant really get that sort of feeling elsewhere. Just go out and enjoy yourself while your balance is still non-0.00000000.
it seems both of your statements contradict each other ,i would say that most of the people in gambling are into it to win something big.

Yes, most people want to win. But most people lose in gambling. They will enjoy the time spent on gambling.
BitMaxz
Legendary

Activity: 3234
Merit: 2941

Block halving is coming.

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2015, 12:23:44 PM

I think my history about gambling is im always lose than win.. Even im not always win , im always play gambling because its fun if you win some bitcoins in gambling and very addicted..

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
effigy2

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 12:42:44 PM

Something like 95% of gamblers are in minus rather than +. IMO, the smartest thing is to just not bet/play other games for money, unless u 100% know what u doing.
leex1528

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 01:20:00 PM

Something like 95% of gamblers are in minus rather than +. IMO, the smartest thing is to just not bet/play other games for money, unless u 100% know what u doing.

Even if you know what you are doing the house still has an edge, and its tough to be math.  Math pretty much states you will lose.  Granted a few people might get extraordinary lucky and win over the course of a long time but it is few and far between.
jpouza
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1107

View Profile
October 23, 2015, 01:32:21 PM

I don't think I've ever seen someone actually enjoy losing - there are people who are less upset by it - but actually enjoying losing is a different story.

If you're gambling you're basically paying for entertainment..... You shouldn't expect anything back(as saying goes, hope for the best, expect the worst), but if you do, congratulations.

In the select scenario where you're doing it purely for the profit - then you should definitely expect to make a profit otherwise you'd need to go back and reconsider your strategy. For example, in poker if you're already making steady earnings from smaller stakes tables and moved up to higher stakes and you start losing/earning less you'd definitely want to reconsider.

Enjoy losing??
This thing have a name in my country: Sado-mazoquista.
MinerHQ
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1023

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 12:25:44 AM

Yes every gambler knows this fact but still they want to try their luck. Some people even after losing all their money still borrow to gamble that is the worst part.
StevenLiang

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 01:26:20 AM

Gambling's all about the thrill.... You cant really get that sort of feeling elsewhere. Just go out and enjoy yourself while your balance is still non-0.00000000.

Good advice, just think that you're paying for entertainment when you bet on some sportbooks.
And this habit work for all type of gambling too.
Erza
Legendary

Activity: 1078

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 01:28:29 AM

it seems both of your statements contradict each other ,i would say that most of the people in gambling are into it to win something big.

Who enjoy of losing, all of them gambled because they want to win. There is no one that want to lose, rich people dont matter if they lose and poor people will have matter when lose but both of these people are really like to win rather than losing. So there is no one satisfied with their lose
n2004al
Legendary

Activity: 1134

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 06:32:55 AM
Last edit: October 24, 2015, 06:47:11 AM by n2004al

I think my history about gambling is im always lose than win.. Even im not always win , im always play gambling because its fun if you win some bitcoins in gambling and very addicted..

This is really funny. You enjoy your loss. To tell the truth (according to you post) you mostly loss and sometime win. You have fun when you win even when, most of times you lose. Good way to enjoy things. For more, you enjoy even because you are addicted by gambling.

You need urgently to do two things (to enjoy more after). To find a good doctor to take away this your addiction and to find someone which can be able to not leave money in your hands for at least 2 years. In order that don't gain again the same addiction. During this time, this person must show you that in the world exist to many other things which can be enjoyed much more than the gambling.

For example have you tried to stay and make love with a beautiful or even normal girl?
Winalunt

Activity: 525
Merit: 500

Tell Me What A Man Is Without Pride .

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 06:45:06 AM

I don't think I've ever seen someone actually enjoy losing - there are people who are less upset by it - but actually enjoying losing is a different story.
there is a hell of difference between my words and yours, enjoy while losing leads to having a good time and just enjoying the moment by leaving every decision on your luck,being less money hungry and giving some time to emotions .
i personally enjoyed the moment after losing some hundreds $ over roulette,chilling with ma friends.
enjoying losses is a different story..
StevenLiang

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 06:49:37 AM

there is a hell of difference between my words and yours, enjoy while losing leads to having a good time and just enjoying the moment by leaving every decision on your luck,being less money hungry and giving some time to emotions .
i personally enjoyed after the moment after losing some hundreds $ over roulette,chilling with ma friends.
enjoying losses is a different story..

Yes, that is a different story.
Still enjoy and have fun when lost and "enjoying losses and play stupidly"

No one will hope for lose when their gambling. But Not Many people who can keep enjoy and have fun after he lost.
Winalunt

Activity: 525

Tell Me What A Man Is Without Pride .

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 07:05:53 AM

what do you mean by playing stupidly ? leaving it on luck is not stupidity ?

No one will hope for lose when their gambling. But Not Many people who can keep enjoy and have fun after he lost.
i never said i didnt hoped to win ? where did hope came in between.
but yes there are people who are of that type,maybe not many.
stingers
Legendary

Activity: 1184
Merit: 1013

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 07:46:51 AM

Well, you cant leave everything always to luck. You cannot leave things to luck and go all in when you have a 2 & 3 in poker and you've seen the river and you don't even have a pair. That's called stupidity, I've seen people betting big when they are sure of loosing.
Junko
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 09:40:59 AM

Well, you cant leave everything always to luck. You cannot leave things to luck and go all in when you have a 2 & 3 in poker and you've seen the river and you don't even have a pair. That's called stupidity, I've seen people betting big when they are sure of loosing.

FYI - There are certain various situations when going all in on the river with air is the correct play and not considered stupidity.  Wink

If you don't know what those certain various situations are, well...
BTCevo
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1008

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 09:42:21 AM

It depends on what game you are playing at. Sometimes people just do that so low balance people sure will fold and he will eat the blind rather than losing but this is depends on your luck too and this is not stupidty but push their luck
Eastwind

Activity: 896

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 10:21:38 AM

No one will enjoy loss while gambling. They will comfort themselves after loss by saying that they have enjoyed the gambling process.
wearepoor

Activity: 784

View Profile
October 24, 2015, 11:34:16 AM

There is no right for wrong for gambling. If you treat it as entertainment and do not addict to it, it is like a hobby and enjoyable.
I'm confused with what do you mean gambling is same like hobby. Perhaps, You will feel enjoy when you win but when lose it will make you frustrated

Agreed with you that if you are looking at gambling as a way for entertainment then you can enjoy the thrill, joy and excitement of gambling process. It would be good if you make some money but it should be also fine if you loose money. If you can not afford to loose the money then its better for you to stay away from gambling as its not for you.
kotwica666
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1035

View Profile
October 25, 2015, 12:02:50 PM

There is no right for wrong for gambling. If you treat it as entertainment and do not addict to it, it is like a hobby and enjoyable.
I'm confused with what do you mean gambling is same like hobby. Perhaps, You will feel enjoy when you win but when lose it will make you frustrated

Agreed with you that if you are looking at gambling as a way for entertainment then you can enjoy the thrill, joy and excitement of gambling process. It would be good if you make some money but it should be also fine if you loose money. If you can not afford to loose the money then its better for you to stay away from gambling as its not for you.

That's what I always say: Gambling can be an enjoyable when you play only as much as you can lose.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.....I AM BLACKJACK.FUN.....
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... 336 »
  Print  

Jump to: