Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 05:53:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Satoshi Nakamoto PLEASE resolve this debate? 1MB blockstream vs 8MB Gavin Blocks  (Read 5013 times)
The One
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 05, 2015, 02:46:56 AM

In my personal opinion, Satoshi is almost certainly already dead.

If Satoshi is dead, we would know about it.

Satoshi may not want to reveal one's identity while alive, but dead, why not?

All Satoshi has to do is leave a will for one's next of kin revealing the truth, with evidences and pass phrase for his coins.

I can quite imagine a shocked lawyer revealing Satoshi will and reading it out in public.

There's no way Satoshi, or anyone else who created Bitcoin, dying and not leaving their legacy. History will forever be speculated.

It would be a final up-yours to bankers, who are itching to assassinate Satoshi.

..C..
........What is C?.........
...........ICO            Dec 1st – Dec 30th............
       ............Open            Dec 1st- Dec 30th............
...................ANN thread      Bounty....................

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4284
Merit: 3187

View Profile
September 05, 2015, 05:06:49 AM

It's unbelievable that there are so many people will lose their mind when their leader disappears
In bitcoin world, there is no leader.

I'm starting to believe that you are being optimistic. Everywhere I see "Satoshi wrote blah blah blah" or "Satoshi wanted blah blah blah" or "Satoshi would blah blah blah". People seem to treat his writing like it's the Quoran.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
AGD
Legendary

Activity: 2069
Merit: 1164

Keeper of the Private Key

View Profile
September 05, 2015, 05:54:00 AM

All Satoshi has to do is leave a will for one's next of kin revealing the truth, with evidences and pass phrase for his coins.

I can quite imagine a shocked lawyer revealing Satoshi will and reading it out in public.

There's no way Satoshi, or anyone else who created Bitcoin, dying and not leaving their legacy. History will forever be speculated.

It would be a final up-yours to bankers, who are itching to assassinate Satoshi.

How would you know about somebodys death, when you know nothing about him, but a nickname?

Bitcoin is not a bubble, it's the pin!
+++ GPG Public key FFBD756C24B54962E6A772EA1C680D74DB714D40 +++ http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x1C680D74DB714D40
HarHarHar9965

Activity: 994

View Profile
September 05, 2015, 06:35:50 AM

There are a lot of different posts and news on the internet, people claiming to be Satoshi, etc. I think that it is irrelevant to discuss that either Satoshi is for real, its an alias/fake name, its a group of people operating under a name, etc. I have read thousands of articles over the internet and made my own speculations, but I could find a little bit of relevancy in this article: http://www.newsweek.com/2014/03/14/face-behind-bitcoin-247957.html

Satoshi is just a common man who has left all the btc money untouched, living a modest life and not interested/fearful to interact with the world anymore for all the questions he has to answer. Satoshi has handed over the project to specific people and he has no connection with bitcoin anymore.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
September 05, 2015, 06:53:00 AM

It's unbelievable that there are so many people will lose their mind when their leader disappears

In bitcoin world, there is no leader.

if there is no incentive for full node users, i'm sure the current leaders are miners and merchants, yes there is no individual leader, but this is the same with politician and government, which is composed by many members

you see there is no real difference..
StarsSkySolutions

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 05, 2015, 11:10:55 AM

Bitcoin is a community software. It's not possible that a single person take decisions.
The One
Legendary

View Profile
September 05, 2015, 12:59:28 PM

How would you know about somebodys death, when you know nothing about him, but a nickname?

Simple...read this. "All Satoshi has to do is leave a will for one's next of kin revealing the truth, with evidences and pass phrase for his coins."

Do you know what the word 'evidences' mean?

..C..

Luqman

Activity: 826
Merit: 263

View Profile
September 05, 2015, 01:00:51 PM

Well, just hoping that the issue will resolve as soon as possible.. I'm tired with this drama  Sad
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
September 05, 2015, 01:14:09 PM

Yea right. People won't change sides just because Satoshi voices his opinion. People will say "oh well looks like Gavin already got to satoshi and that's why he supports XT", or "Satoshi wants to keep everything under his control and that's why he supports core".

Also as I have mentioned before I don't think Satoshi will ever get involved in this debate or any others.
This is an experiment to him and he needs to see absolute proof that a decentralized system like this can work out issues.
If he were to get involved it would show that bitcoin is not ready for decentralization and requires a central figure to make decisions.

I don't agree, satoshis opinion would get lots of backers.
The One
Legendary

View Profile
September 05, 2015, 01:53:10 PM

Well, just hoping that the issue will resolve as soon as possible.. I'm tired with this drama  Sad

Yes, it's like watching those boring soaps drama on TV.........yawn..........

..C..

AGD
Legendary

Activity: 2069
Merit: 1164

Keeper of the Private Key

View Profile
September 05, 2015, 02:41:38 PM

Simple...read this. "All Satoshi has to do is leave a will for one's next of kin revealing the truth, with evidences and pass phrase for his coins."

Do you know what the word 'evidences' mean?

I suppose your question is rethoric one, so I won't answer it.

Many people die by surprise and without preparing their last will. To me it looks exactly like this happened to Mr. Nakamoto.

Bitcoin is not a bubble, it's the pin!
+++ GPG Public key FFBD756C24B54962E6A772EA1C680D74DB714D40 +++ http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x1C680D74DB714D40
oblivi

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 05, 2015, 03:04:48 PM

We don't need satoshi to come back as the great leader of Bitcoin because otherwise this would start looking like a cult. I think both solutions suck but if I have to choose I prefer the Core approach rather than the Gavincoin one since it would centralize the nodes, while the blockstream approach doesn't.
Eastwind

Activity: 896

View Profile
September 12, 2015, 09:28:12 AM

We don't need satoshi to come back as the great leader of Bitcoin because otherwise this would start looking like a cult. I think both solutions suck but if I have to choose I prefer the Core approach rather than the Gavincoin one since it would centralize the nodes, while the blockstream approach doesn't.

We do not need a great leader. We have to increase the block size to facillitate transactions.
neonshium

Activity: 1134
Merit: 515

View Profile
September 12, 2015, 09:44:37 AM

For every problem, time has an answer. Time will cure anything. We just need patience. When we face problems with 1MB block then we will need a solution. In between if bitcoin prices go down then that might be a good buying chances. No one can get a lowest price to enter a market, but we can get a AVG lowest price. Same thing for exit price.
Kabapka

Activity: 189
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 12, 2015, 11:21:13 AM

Bitcoin is all about consensus and decentralization.

Why are you asking for Satoshi comes back and decide it like the ultimate instance of apelation?
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
September 12, 2015, 11:43:38 AM

Why are you asking for Satoshi comes back and decide it like the ultimate instance of apelation?

it's probably the reason why he isn't among us anymore, he don't want to be the leader himself, and the only way was to escape in the void..
BillyBobZorton
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
September 12, 2015, 03:32:34 PM

Not necessary. As far as I know no one ever knew how Satoshi looked like, or what his real name was. So unless he told someone near him that he was Satoshi, if he died no one would ever know that the inventor of bitcoin died. In other words, there is a possibility that we may never know more about him than we already know, so stop hopping for more. It is what it is. We must move on from satoshi and keep working on Bitcoin.
thejaytiesto
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
September 12, 2015, 07:51:38 PM

Unfortunately it seems most people are biologically wired to obey orders from totalitarian leaders, thats why the fiat scam is such a success that keeps surviving a crisis after another, it's no secret why dollar is king no matter how much it hyperinflates.
worhiper_-_

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 08:22:50 AM

Unfortunately it seems most people are biologically wired to obey orders from totalitarian leaders, thats why the fiat scam is such a success that keeps surviving a crisis after another, it's no secret why dollar is king no matter how much it hyperinflates.

But then again, if a person would present a solution good enough for consensus to be formed around it, it would no longer be about the messenger but the message. No matter how reputable the person behind a certain BIP about the blocksize, many people look beyond just that when it comes to how good his proposal is.

Eastwind

Activity: 896

View Profile
September 22, 2015, 09:07:10 AM

Bitcoin is a community software. It's not possible that a single person take decisions.

That's right.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: