Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 08:52:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 8KW Free power. Hosting service.  (Read 794 times)
Hamuki (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 23, 2015, 08:08:37 PM
Last edit: August 24, 2015, 03:58:50 PM by Hamuki

Hey everyone.

Well.. Since I cant get some cheap mining hardware, then I guess I can host others.

I have 8 KW free power and I dont want to let that go to waste if you know what I mean Wink

Sjenja and I already have a deal that in the start of september he will be shipping some Cubes to me to setup. (2 atm, hes trying to get more)

So..

Here is the service...

You can send me just about any hardware, and I will set it up and run 24/7.
The rate is CUSTOM.
Depending on the hashrate you want hosted we figure something out.
The higher the Hashrate, the lower the rate.
Flat fee can also be arranged instead.

Meanwhile, the risk of you stealing my miners, them crapping out, difficulty increases, price drops, etc... are all on me.

You also don't specify what conditions they will be kept in, return policies (if I want them back do I pay shipping, if you move do you pay shipping, etc...)

1. I will not steal your miner.
2. The miner crapping out?
It its not my problem if your miner died. If it died Because of me, then we figure something out.
3. Difficulty increase would happen no matter what. But we can go over the rate again and make a new deal.
4. If you want your miner back, I check the shipping fee and you pay for the shipping and ill have it shipped the day after.
5. If I move? I have the miners in a server room. Small Data Center. If I move, they still stay there.

You control the income
You will be in charge of the money that the miner makes.. But if I dont get my part, I am taking the miner.

What you need to send
When you send hardware, you MUST send everything it needs to run.
Miner, PSU and controller if that is needed.
I can supply a Raspberry PI for your rig if you dont have one already for it.

The miners will sit in a Server room that has good aircondition.
The server room can only be accessed by me, and the owner.
If this gets going and people get hardware hosted, I will find 2-3 cameras and setup a live feed for those who have their miners hosted to be able to watch them 24/7.
You will also get my person cellphone number to get in contact with me instantly.

What miners can I send?

Any miner.. Aslong as its above 20MH/s scrypt or 400GH/s Sha-256.
No GPU rigs.

Got any questions the please ask below!

~Hamuki

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Hamuki (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 24, 2015, 09:32:43 AM

bump

HorseRider
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 24, 2015, 10:40:09 AM

If your power is free, the best strategy for you is to buy cheap second handed miners to deploy yourself, but not hosting.

16SvwJtQET7mkHZFFbJpgPaDA1Pxtmbm5P
Hamuki (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 24, 2015, 10:55:28 AM

If your power is free, the best strategy for you is to buy cheap second handed miners to deploy yourself, but not hosting.

I know.. But my money is short, so I want to offer this to gain enough so I can start getting some miners too.

cdtbtc
Copper Member

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2015, 03:08:46 PM

Can I assume that includes any potential maintenance issues that may arise?

Also, based on my miner efficiency, that'd come out to roughly $0.1588/kwh, which is kinda pricey. Would you settle for a flat fee instead?

AyaCoin - The Ayahuasca Cryptocurrency Token (whitepaper)
DebitMe
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1011

Get Paid Crypto To Walk or Drive

View Profile
August 24, 2015, 03:15:55 PM

How do you figure your 40% cut is fair?  You have free power and besides initial setup (5 minutes tops), they should need no other support.  Meanwhile, the risk of you stealing my miners, them crapping out, difficulty increases, price drops, etc... are all on me.

You also don't specify what conditions they will be kept in, return policies (if I want them back do I pay shipping, if you move do you pay shipping, etc...)

Basically, 10% is more than fair for this type of service.  40% is absolutely ridiculous.

Get paid crypto to walk or drive. Play CoinHuntWorld! Earn Hundreds Monthly!
https://coinhunt.gsc.im/IZIijYr64Q
Hamuki (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 24, 2015, 03:37:04 PM

Can I assume that includes any potential maintenance issues that may arise?

Also, based on my miner efficiency, that'd come out to roughly $0.1588/kwh, which is kinda pricey. Would you settle for a flat fee instead?

Okay, will edit my thread and we can have some deals made instead.
That seems to make people a bit more happy.

Hamuki (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 24, 2015, 03:42:59 PM

How do you figure your 40% cut is fair?  You have free power and besides initial setup (5 minutes tops), they should need no other support.  Meanwhile, the risk of you stealing my miners, them crapping out, difficulty increases, price drops, etc... are all on me.

Basically, 10% is more than fair for this type of service.  40% is absolutely ridiculous.

Thread has been edited.
40% is too much. Thanks for the wakeup call.

Hamuki (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 06:07:30 AM

Daily Bump

adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 1710

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 07:07:33 AM

Many people in the past have tried something similar such as you with little success. You are pretty much better off just buying the hardware yourself, you will end up making more money.

8KW is not that much power for a farm. If you buy old miners such as KNC Jupiters or S1, which use like 1.5W/Ghs, then those 8KW will only bring you ~5-6Th/s which is only about 10 miners and each of these miners can be bought as low as $50, So all you need is around $1000 and you are good to go. After a few months, buy newer equipment.

I know you have a Hero account, but there is still a trust issue. Even if someone doesn't mind losing an old miner, they end up losing the PSU and paying money to get it shipped to your location.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Hamuki (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 08:03:21 AM

Many people in the past have tried something similar such as you with little success. You are pretty much better off just buying the hardware yourself, you will end up making more money.

8KW is not that much power for a farm. If you buy old miners such as KNC Jupiters or S1, which use like 1.5W/Ghs, then those 8KW will only bring you ~5-6Th/s which is only about 10 miners and each of these miners can be bought as low as $50, So all you need is around $1000 and you are good to go. After a few months, buy newer equipment.

I know you have a Hero account, but there is still a trust issue. Even if someone doesn't mind losing an old miner, they end up losing the PSU and paying money to get it shipped to your location.

I am looking to buy my own.

The 8KW limit has been set just because I had that number in mind.
I basicly have unlimited power.. But not unlimited space.

When it comes to the trust issue, then I dont have a problem understanding it.
Sadly there is a lot of scammers around and you need to be carefull.

The people who will have mining equiptment hosted at my place will get my info and phone number to be able to call me 24/7.

Sjenja is gonna send me 2 cubes next week or whenever he has them finished off.
(He lives like 120 kilometers from me.)

Then I will have those setup.

But.. I am trying to buy my own.. Hosting others would just give me a bit more money to work with.

Hamuki (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 31, 2015, 10:50:38 AM

Daily bump

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: